Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new Bitcoin Faucet by LaunchKey, a security company  (Read 1162 times)
jchysk (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:01:31 PM

I'm a co-founder of a security company in the Authentication space that allows passwordless authentication using your mobile device. It's a convenient multi-factor solution that's better than text codes or hardware tokens and reduces the liability for the places that use it. We share a lot of common ground with the Bitcoin community in the desire for strong security and being very privacy focused. For example we don't keep any user information and even the email address used for pairing a mobile device is one-way hashed.

We are currently partnering with US-based Bitcoin exchanges such as Coinsetter and also we've been paying out security-related bug bounties in Bitcoin since June.

Half of our company has been into Bitcoin for a very long time and when we first started getting into it there were faucets. So, we've decided to give back in that same way and have built a faucet for users to get some free bitcoin. Please check it out and give us your thoughts!

https://faucet.launchkey.com
yomofo

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:19:22 AM

when will this be integrated with a bitcoin wallet?

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:11:44 PM

I have tried it. Seems like quite an elegant solution.
I don't like the fact that if someone steals my phone, they can log in with my account, though...
Also, when are those payouts made? And how much does the faucet give per person?
jchysk (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:22:30 PM

when will this be integrated with a bitcoin wallet?
I have actually built a bitcoin web wallet protected with LaunchKey. The front end is being cleaned up, the server backups set up, and then a security audit before I can put it live.

I have tried it. Seems like quite an elegant solution.
I don't like the fact that if someone steals my phone, they can log in with my account, though...
Also, when are those payouts made? And how much does the faucet give per person?
Thank you very much.
It's true that if someone steals your phone you could be in bad shape. You would want to immediately unpair from our site. Fortunately, you would probably notice your phone missing more quickly than most things and if it's just an additional factor access wouldn't be automatically granted. Your phone can also be locked and LaunchKey itself has additional factors of authentication that could prevent it being used during theft. Geo-fencing would allow you to put geographical coordinates where you could login. A combo lock would be a knowledge factor needed. A device factor would be a bluetooth device you need like a fitbit that needs to be in proximity to authorize. There will be many more factors to come.

edit: Forgot to answer you second question. The payouts are made immediately if it's a coinbase address, otherwise it'll go out in a batch every few hours to save on transaction fees. The amount right now is 0.00005460 or about 5-6 cents worth.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:33:40 AM

Oops, yeah, i didn't enter a coinbase address. I received the payout, though! I hope a lot more online services will start using this. It's amazingly quick!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: