Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:17:55 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase has my .80$ cents hostage  (Read 763 times)
ElRageO (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:29:06 AM

Yes I said 80  Grin cents but its MY 80 cents and I spent an extremely unreasonable amount of time earning them just because!

I'm new to bit coins and have spent the last week or so clicking what feels like a million faucets and a lot of webpages for 5 minutes at a time.

So I managed to scrap together .00080199 BTC or Roughly 80 cents of very hard earned BTC. (I plan on pool mining other cryptocoins etc...) But this was to get started messing around with them. I chose coinbase as my first online wallet. Bad choice from my point of view and if your new to BTC I would avoid them.

I figured I would try a few mbtc at bitzino and sent a payment from coinbase. I sent .0005 + the .0002 fee total .0007
Pending.... 24hours later canceled and put back into my account. So I tried again still pending 5 hours now..... So I suspect the same thing will happen.

I have emailed Coinbase etc.. and have gotten a wallet at blockchain. I have requested that Coinbase send the remainder to my new wallet as I cannot get anything to send from their service.

I know not to put anything online that I am not prepared to loose which is why im experimenting with this little bit in the first place.
I'm disappointed in coinbase to say the least because it seemed to be one of the better choices.

It appears now as is what ever I put into that account at coinbase I will not have the ability to send anywhere and if I can't transfer 70 or 80 cents there is NO way in he11 Ill attempt to put more in there.

A few questions though...

Is blockchain a reasonably reliable online wallet ? (Meaning can I actually send BTC from there etc.. or is there a better alternative ?)

Are small transactions generally troublesome with bitcoin regardless of what wallet you use ?

Also which online wallet handles the most amount of different crypto currency's ?

Is there a reputable one that has BITcoin,litecoin,feather coin combined ?

If your listening Coinbase send my 80cents + 20 cents for hardship here and we will call it even!!  Undecided 1NJeWUjZ9hXDvK9LUdhssCXXAS6LQdCN3D

ElRageO (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:49:10 AM

I must ammend this post.

Some one I assume coinbase (Or a random citizen) has sent the requested fees to my wallet. + the hardship. Whom ever it was thanks! and this can all be forgotten with no ill feelings.

Too cool!

If it was Coinbase I will reconsider using your service at a later date when things are better. However your integrity is unquestionable!
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:49:41 AM

I just sent you 0.001 from 1x2jZEP4xLC7m1PmZ8wCgEeFwyGHuXr6j
Enjoy. Not coinbase, random person Tongue

Blockchain is the best bitcoin wallet.
Vircurex can be used as a pretty good wallet for altcoins. Though there are some delays in processing transactions.

ElRageO (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:02:33 AM

Thanks!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin My million clicks were not wasted:)
Your awesome!
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

Are small transactions generally troublesome with bitcoin regardless of what wallet you use ?

Yes, a lot of small payments from free faucets make the coins expensive to send (fee). I guess 0.0002 fee was still not enought, you need 0.0001 per 1000 Bytes of your transaction (about 5 inputs)
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:52:18 PM

Hey I'm kinda in the same boat.

Spent a few days racking up .0003 btc, around $.30 because I was trying to get the minimum into my btc-e account, just to test and see if it actually worked so I could put a little more in to get started, but Coinbase keeps telling me I don't have enough to send, even after the fee I'd still have .0001 btc, which is the minimum, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Do I need a little bit more?
gooryheta

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:59:26 PM

Spent a few days racking up .0003 btc, around $.30 because I was trying to get the minimum into my btc-e account, just to test and see if it actually worked so I could put a little more in to get started, but Coinbase keeps telling me I don't have enough to send, even after the fee I'd still have .0001 btc, which is the minimum, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Do I need a little bit more?

.0001 btc is fee for 1000 bytes of data in transaction (about 5-6 Inputs), so if you received a lot of small transactions (about 15) then .0003 btc might be used for fees only

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
SirSavary

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:00:31 PM

Good luck with your venture, terrible that a company would hold $0.80 hostage. Truly despicable.
Kungfucheez

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:05:45 PM

.0001 btc is fee for 1000 bytes of data in transaction (about 5-6 Inputs), so if you received a lot of small transactions (about 15) then .0003 btc might be used for fees only

Well I only received 4 transactions, and they say .0002 is the fee so I don't see where the problem is

coindice

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:09:55 PM

Best bet is not to move around micro amounts of BTC with for profit services.
paul44

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:13:03 PM

Good luck with your venture, terrible that a company would hold $0.80 hostage. Truly despicable.
Yes :-/ It doesn't exactly do much to instil confidence in them. I thought they were fairly reputable? Maybe I am wrong?
Kungfucheez

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:22:50 PM

Best bet is not to move around micro amounts of BTC with for profit services.

Yeah, it's not like I'm annoyed or anything, it's only $0.30, but it would be nice to be able to test these things without having to risk more
RAVENCROW

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:38:22 PM

I hear ya I still gotta give gox my I'd to get some bitcoin back Sad

฿Allaboutbit ฿฿Cludcoin ฿[/color]
sportguy98

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:58:30 PM

Lol its 80 cents.....
paul44

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:00:10 AM

If you couldnt trust someone with 80 cents then how could you trust them with 80 dollars? I couldn't...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: