Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:36:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reccomended USB Hubs  (Read 538 times)
Raptor2213 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:08:48 AM

Just getting started out, and I'm starting to build up my collection of USB hubs.  I'm finding though that many multi-port hubs don't have a big enough power supply to supply a full bank of Block Erupters.  Any recommendations, or should I just start hacking off cables and sticking them into into a bench supply?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
sweetNlow

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:50:15 AM

Hello, I use D-Link hubs for my erupters. The model is: D-Link Dub-H7, 7 port hub that I haven't had a single issue with. Picked them up for around $25 on amazon. Not sure if this hub suit your needs, but I have found it to definitely be reliable, hope this helps some!  Grin
blkitty

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:40:15 AM

Just getting started out, and I'm starting to build up my collection of USB hubs.  I'm finding though that many multi-port hubs don't have a big enough power supply to supply a full bank of Block Erupters.  Any recommendations, or should I just start hacking off cables and sticking them into into a bench supply?

Sorry Raptor2213, but if you're using Block Erupters to mine for Bitcoins, then you'll be waiting a long time to see a return on your money. You're mining basically the same gold mine that the big guys and girls are mining. You have a little hand sifter while they have heavy duty machinery. It would be better for you to invest your money into buying actual Bitcoins instead of Block Erupters.
Raptor2213 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:34:47 AM

Granted, I'm new, but I think I've worked out a strategy.  I ran the math, and the erupters will pay for themselves in about a year - I know this.  I'm re-investing the BTC into GHS at cex.io and back into themselves.  I realize that there's a lot of people ahead of me right now, but that's how it is when you jump in like this.

I've also yet to find an exchange that I'm willing to trust enough to actually buy bitcoins.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:50:37 AM

How many eruptors are you talking about? Just so you know, you will never reach ROI if you just start mining.

gmoney1

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:05:51 AM

Here's a thread that lists the "good" USB hubs:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253749.0;all

I made the mistake of getting a Satechi hub on Amazon... whoops...
blkitty

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:55:25 AM

Granted, I'm new, but I think I've worked out a strategy.  I ran the math, and the erupters will pay for themselves in about a year - I know this.  I'm re-investing the BTC into GHS at cex.io and back into themselves.  I realize that there's a lot of people ahead of me right now, but that's how it is when you jump in like this.

I've also yet to find an exchange that I'm willing to trust enough to actually buy bitcoins.

Work your butt off for a month or two and then buy some real mining equipment.
Raptor2213 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:06:34 PM

How many eruptors are you talking about? Just so you know, you will never reach ROI if you just start mining.
I'm running 5 right now in a mining pool.  Getting ~0.0015/day.

Exactly - though it's hard to know where's a good place to get them.  So many scammers out there.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:35:36 PM

People claim to buy usb miners for novelty and now they even buy usb hubs for the same reason. It 's only getting worse.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 01:46:18 AM

I'm running 5 right now in a mining pool.  Getting ~0.0015/day.

Exactly - though it's hard to know where's a good place to get them.  So many scammers out there.

Wow, $1.50 per day. How much did you pay in total. In BTC or Fiat?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: