Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Localbitcoins now requires identification  (Read 442 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 08:04:13 AM

I have built up a "trusted" network of friends for these Peer-to-peer trades over time and I can even trade with them, without using escrow services, but newbies will unfortunately not have that privilege.  Roll Eyes

It could end up making the currency exchange board on this forum far more active.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

The unfortunate side of this is that people will have to turn to the more shady platforms to trade <Peer-to-peer> anonymously.  Angry  You can still use these platforms for smaller trades, but it is risky in countries where Bitcoin is being "banned". <Like we saw happening when China temporarily closed the Bitcoin exchanges>

I have built up a "trusted" network of friends for these Peer-to-peer trades over time and I can even trade with them, without using escrow services, but newbies will unfortunately not have that privilege.  Roll Eyes

With this policy I think people will move away form localbitcoin slowly and steadily and will start using some other exchange or their is a huge scope for something like localbitcoin to come up and capture the market easily. So the market is now wide open for new players to eneter in this space.
magneto (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:45:24 AM

The unfortunate side of this is that people will have to turn to the more shady platforms to trade <Peer-to-peer> anonymously.  Angry  You can still use these platforms for smaller trades, but it is risky in countries where Bitcoin is being "banned". <Like we saw happening when China temporarily closed the Bitcoin exchanges>

Yes, there are definitely shadier alternatives that I'd rather not use, but people may be forced into using. A lot of current casual buyers/sellers may also have to turn to centralised exchanger services with no escrow protection, which is a big concern.

For whoever that doesn't know yet, Localbitcoins gave out an entirely new and updated terms and conditions a few days back as well: https://localbitcoins.com/gdpr

These restrictions don't really affect newbies yet, though. They still have a chance to trade without significant volume. Although key word is *yet*. We don't know if Localbitcoins is going to follow current guidelines forever.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: