Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:09:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recent lower hashrate and rewards on BTCguild pool  (Read 1033 times)
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 03:45:03 AM

anyone else noticed that the past few days, there is a noticeable reduction in the rewards payment? my hashrate use to be around 6.2gh/s, now it dropped to about 5.3gh/s. i understand that the hashing power calculated by this pool is sometimes not accurate, but this is a drop of nearly 1gh/s, which is pretty significant. and also, the "24 hour luck" stats has been in the negatives for the past week. i use to get around 3-4 BTC per day, now i'm down to around 1.3 to 2 BTC per day.

what's up with this noticeable drop? did anything happen to server or were there any updates to the pool's mining algorithms?

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:40:53 AM

what's up with this noticeable drop?

Proportional rewards and variance is what is up with it, a flawed and exploited reward model.

Join a pool which pays a constant amount based on work done, regardless of luck.
There are plenty of options. abcpool.co, deepbit PPS (high fee), eligius, rfcpool, mtred.com etc.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: