Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find a graph of Total Market Cap of All Crypto-Currencies Over Time?  (Read 2016 times)
PeaceRequiresAnarchy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 06:28:30 AM

The website http://coinmarketcap.com/ lists 42 crypto-currencies and their market caps in USD. It sums the market caps of the 42 currencies and reports it at the bottom of the page: "Total Market Cap: $15,180,515,072"

However, there is no graph available showing that Total Market Cap sum over time. Does anyone know if such a graph exists?

EDIT: Also, if there is a way I can see a "Total Market Cap Minus Bitcoin Market Cap vs Time" graph, that would be great. Ideal would be if I could select which crypto-currencies I wished to include and which I wished to exclude from the "Total Market Cap" on the graph.

Where can I get the data to make my own graphs if no such graphs are currently available?

Thank you.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:28:00 PM

The total crypto-currency market cap is down from the time of my last post to $13,933,816,804, but I still haven't found a graph showing the total cap over time.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:20:30 AM

I'm still interested and looking for this.
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:59:39 PM

i am also interested for this so pm me !

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
dmp1ce

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:56:00 AM

I'm also interested in seeing the percentage of bitcoin market cap to the overall crypto market cap.  Right now it is about 92.4%.  ($7625496705 / $8248110917)

As was already pointed out, it would be nice to be able to see the change for various coins and to be able to select which coins were included in the calculation.  I'm surprised this doesn't already exist.

BTCmon - Support great bitcoin apps
cryptolaw666

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:29:24 AM

that would be a neat graph
kittucrypt

Activity: 300
Merit: 253

Ok Check!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:41:35 AM

Out of curiosity, what are you going to use it for?

dmp1ce

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:26:02 AM

Out of curiosity, what are you going to use it for?
I think it would be helpful data for trading in and out of various crypto currencies.  I would like to know if bitcoin is gaining in overall market cap or declining.  The graph might help answer the question "Do alt coins indirectly devalue bitcoin?"

BTCmon - Support great bitcoin apps
Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:03:07 PM

Total Market Cap is falling.

$6,918,051,773

http://coinmarketcap.com/
elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

"Market cap" is even more useless with Bitcoin than it is with stocks. And it's even more useless with altcoins than with Bitcoin.

First, because pretty much every other virtual currency is traded in Bitcoins, not dollars, and therefore subject to the ups and downs of Bitcoin. Second, because most of the altcoins are very easy to manipulate or even pre-mined.

I think you will find that whatever large value you will calculate will follow Bitcoin pretty much exactly.
CozyLife

Activity: 84

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:23:16 PM

An idea on how this could be accomplished is by using API data where you get the value of a coin in USD (or better yet, BTC if BTC won't be included) and multiply it by the number of coins in circulation. Plot that on a chart for each coin every 5 minutes to a day or what have you, and over time you'll have a nice chart showing the market capitalization for longer periods. If you use cryptsy's API, you can easily get the value of each coin, but I don't think it shows you how many coins exist at that point.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: