Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on dock.io? A decentralized LinkedIn?  (Read 75 times)
LeroyBro (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:12:40 AM

It allows you to connect your profiles, reputations and networks into one shareable source using blockchain technology - https://dock.io/

In short, it sounds a lot like LinkedIn but decentralized. Really not sure I see the point of it nor do I think I'd use it but they raised over $20m so some people think it's useful apparently.

What do you think? Would you use it?

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
manlyxman

Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:31:18 AM

No I don't see myself using it. I don't even like LinkedIn to begin with and this seems like LinkedIn with extra steps, and if it's a whole different platform I don't see too many people using it as well.
VenturaBro

Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:51:28 AM

At least you can convert your linkedin profile and info to it, that makes it seem really convenient
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:11:11 AM

What do you think? Would you use it?

One of the problems I have with platforms of this type is privacy. If it uses blockchain technology to store your personal data, how much of it do you want to make public?

Once you make your data public and it is stored in the public ledger, it is there forever, there's no way to change your mind any more.

So, if you ask me I would think twice before using it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: