Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qualities of Good ICO and How to spot scammer ICO  (Read 139 times)
GeckoTrader (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:12:14 AM

Dear Community,

The Purpose of this thread is to share experiences and knowledge about ICO's. As a beginner we would kindly ask the upper ranks or the experienced people to impart their opinions on how to spot an ICO which has a great chance to become successful in the future. We are not just talking about the price movement but also with the innovations that they present us to be use in the near future. On the other side, we would like also to know some of your ideas on how to identify ICO which has a potential to scam investors and all the bounty hunters out there.

Please respect this thread, NO bad mouthing. I still believe that we can communicate to others in a nice way which would conclude to a happy and informative community.  PEACE OUT!

PS: A special thanks to the creator and admins of this forum. It help us a lot.

Best Regards,
GeckoTrader   Cool
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

Some of the points which I consider in assessing ICO are the following:

1. Whitepaper is well detailed and organized (grammars are correct)
2. Team must have a well known track record in accordance to the nature of their business
3. They are responding to every queries of the community and investors
4. Escrowed tokens are a big plus
5. They have beta products which they can present to the investor before their ICO
6. Road map should be well detailed and achieve it before the deadline.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:36:44 AM

Dear Community,

The Purpose of this thread is to share experiences and knowledge about ICO's. As a beginner we would kindly ask the upper ranks or the experienced people to impart their opinions on how to spot an ICO which has a great chance to become successful in the future. We are not just talking about the price movement but also with the innovations that they present us to be use in the near future. On the other side, we would like also to know some of your ideas on how to identify ICO which has a potential to scam investors and all the bounty hunters out there.

Please respect this thread, NO bad mouthing. I still believe that we can communicate to others in a nice way which would conclude to a happy and informative community.  PEACE OUT!

Best Regards,
GeckoTrader   Cool

I personally think team's are the most important, and not necessarily their track record. Although its helpfull if they have launched succesfull businesses before, I find that some of these people can be rather arrogant as they also don't view crypto very seriously and its more a cash grab to them and they sell their shit-idea wrapped in fancy credentials. Scam ICO's often have fake teammembers, its good to actually reach out to the people that are listed and ask about their involvement with the project, I could have saved myself some money had I done that. They also have bad grammar on their website and whitepaper, poorly articulated idea's and business models. Also even if it does seem reputable you should be carefull, just because a ''legit business'' launches an ICO doesn't mean they have the investors best interest at heart, often insider deals are made with personal friends/family and colleagues that get a far better deal than you and only care to flip their stack ASAP on an exchange leaving you bagholding.

housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:51:17 AM

I do agree th team is the most important thing here, because they are the ones to run away with the fund if they wish to, it is possible to have sound ideas and well written whitepaper but as long as there is question marks about the project, I will stay way from  it
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:56:55 AM

Dear Community,

Best Regards,
GeckoTrader   Cool
m

Your information are accurate about good icos
But in my sense I think it’s difficult to spot a fake ico

Because for example, Monero gold had everything accurate
White paper
Team profile
Project information
Register on coinmarketcap

They did basically everything; so in recognizing Fake ico
You need to be cautious about the bonus offers

Watch it closely
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:00:13 PM

Dear Community,

Best Regards,
GeckoTrader   Cool

I personally think team's are the most important, and not necessarily their track record. Although its helpfull if they have launched succesfull businesses before, I find that some of these people can be rather arrogant as they also don't view crypto very seriously and its more a cash grab to them and they sell their shit-idea wrapped in fancy credentials. Scam ICO's often have fake teammembers, its good to actually reach out to the people that are listed and ask about their involvement with the project, I could have saved myself some money had I done that. They also have bad grammar on their website and whitepaper, poorly articulated idea's and business models. Also even if it does seem reputable you should be carefull, just because a ''legit business'' launches an ICO doesn't mean they have the investors best interest at heart, often insider deals are made with personal friends/family and colleagues that get a far better deal than you and only care to flip their stack ASAP on an exchange leaving you bagholding.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you. One of my expensive experience last year is to easily invest in ICO without doing a background check. I invested almost 0.5btc  to this cryptomus and until now no update from the CEO and also to his team. I pity them for taking advantage from us beginners.
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:01:57 PM

I think it's all in the whitepaper, but there are other steps you can take as well such as researching the development team, if they have any relevant experience and so on
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:02:51 PM

I do agree th team is the most important thing here, because they are the ones to run away with the fund if they wish to, it is possible to have sound ideas and well written whitepaper but as long as there is question marks about the project, I will stay way from  it

Absolutely right, I like your ideas that If you have any doubt with them better not to invest or say sorry to the end. The team really has the greatest impact about the success of their business so I agree that we need to check them thoroughly before putting our money with them.
Lehbane

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

One quality of a good project is the rules is very precise and the implementation is very strict since they push everyone to do their best in order for the project to be successful, most of them are looking for  people who will help them advertise the project and not people who will give them money to starts their project. gets?
biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:15:27 PM

i will add information for you, you can consider how many communities.
we know, if more communities mean the project full of support. (OFC i mean communities which support not hate the project)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 12:25:35 PM

First of all I look at the information about the company if it's not enough then it bothers well and of course I watch the product that is offered. there are companies where the information is blurred
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

i will add information for you, you can consider how many communities.
we know, if more communities mean the project full of support. (OFC i mean communities which support not hate the project)

Yes you are right but sometimes when they have bounty campaign and airdrop, their community number will not that reliable because for sure bulk of the community will be bounty hunters and people who join their airdrop. Maybe we need also to look into the conversations happening inside the group and decide from it.
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:13:16 AM

First of all I look at the information about the company if it's not enough then it bothers well and of course I watch the product that is offered. there are companies where the information is blurred

I would suggest that you would look into the company whitepaper then if you are okay with it I prefer to look into the team members as to support their whitepaper. Also, you can assess also if their tokens are escrowed.
GeckoTrader (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:15:44 AM

One quality of a good project is the rules is very precise and the implementation is very strict since they push everyone to do their best in order for the project to be successful, most of them are looking for  people who will help them advertise the project and not people who will give them money to starts their project. gets?

I agree with you, if they are really serious about the business they will do everything just to meet what they promise and be on time with regards to their roadmap. That would be a big points for them from the investors and future partners. Good track record will result to investors trust rating.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: