Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2024, 04:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunk in the South Sea by Chinese iceberg  (Read 2569 times)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 4786

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:17:37 PM

It's never too late to buy and hoard. Sure, it would have been nice to get coins for pennies or a few dollars each but those days are gone.

When coins are worth over $10k or over $100k each, quibbling over having paid $100 or $1000 will seem as foolish as worrying today about having spent $.01 or $1 a few years ago.

One of the best quotations I've gleaned from this forum is, "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is today".
Mirsad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:22:59 PM

When coins are worth over $10k or over $100k each, quibbling over having paid $100 or $1000 will seem as foolish as worrying today about having spent $.01 or $1 a few years ago.

If ever...
How should it work without enormous amounts of fiat money?
Only way is to tell all, that they should never sell -> just like a card house... if you pick the wrong card -> CRASH!

I'll post here to tell you in 2-5 years, when bitcoin is history and lots of lifes are destroyed due to poor decisions (bitcoin loans, ...). History repeats itself. Funny to watch. Greed has taken over.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:41:55 PM

The enormous amounts of fiat money would be from institutional investors and major players. Right now the entirety of Bitcoin is less than chump change to any of them.

Making the transition from a market cap that entices enthusiast investors to professionals is where things might falter.

If it can't make that leap then it most definitely still has a future, perhaps a 'purer' one, but it won't reach the serious figures being thrown around.
SuperHakka (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:37:25 PM

@gentleman, we are long way from insitituional investing. believe me brah, it took like 20 years before institutions started believing hedgies were safe enough to put pension money in. btc, with all the government smakcdown? not any time soon mate. the trustees don't want to risk gaol time.

i got btccharts up on a screen, this is exciting I wish i had some popcorn. i still belive we are on a -90% correction. i can feel it in me joints. get out ye bulls before the market hands yer arse on a plate to ye.

look at the chart, its fudging epic indications of meltdown

on the sad side, i think this bubble has a chance to destroy bitcoin Sad

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:40:29 PM

@gentleman, we are long way from insitituional investing. believe me brah, it took like 20 years before institutions started believing hedgies were safe enough to put pension money in. btc, with all the government smakcdown? not any time soon mate. the trustees don't want to risk gaol time.

i got btccharts up on a screen, this is exciting I wish i had some popcorn. i still belive we are on a -90% correction. i can feel it in me joints. get out ye bulls before the market hands yer arse on a plate to ye.

I can see you don't want Bitcoin to succeed.  Cry

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
SuperHakka (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:42:49 PM

I can see you don't want Bitcoin to succeed.  Cry
you know nothing about me mate, i just want to buy back in at 100, i told you that before remember?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:56:01 AM

Like the last one, and the one before that?  I suppose it does have a chance to do that, sort of like I have a chance to guess at random a brainwallet passphrase that gets me all of DPR's buried loot.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: