Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:26:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Edited***  (Read 500 times)
gwensarah1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:29:46 AM

How to really judge the potential of an ICO

For me, I usually judge the potential of an ICO through three factors: Development Team, Idea, Roadmap.
Development Team: This is the most important factor, if a project have a good team with many experienced people in the same field then it will be potential in the future.
Idea: It must have a new idea which can improve any field in the society then of course it's many potential in the future.
Roadmap: i think you should not join ICOs which need 10 years to develop. we should choose ICOs which have roadmap is 1 - 3 years to develop.
f12345

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:51:34 AM

To be honest investing in already established projects  for long term might be better idea but my advice
1. Check out icodrops (high and very high rated projects)
2. Follow team on twitter, telegram, discord, slack etc
3. Read whitepaper and analyze market fit
4. Check out team members on linkedin, github
6. Do the math (presale, private sale , % in circulation)
7. Invest only an amount you can afford to lose
 Good luck
Xintenson

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:56:28 AM

I think the most important thing is if they have a working product. Anything in an advanced stage that shows that they have worked on the thing and it's working well. Other than that, don't bother waiting for it.
RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:10:41 AM

Then you can research this project has been in existence for several years, so if the project has been carried out in accordance with the technical route and development, and the technical personnel of the project was pretty good, then the project may have potential.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
ElliottHe

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:15:22 AM

Unless you know everything in detail,  there won't be any real judgement as the foundation on which the judgement is based is not solid.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
yudif

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:22:23 AM

There are some key facts that you should look in ICO:
  • Team and their experience (members should have public profiles on linkedin)
  • Publicity of the Team (how freely they communicate, answer questions about project etc.
  • Advisors if any (always a good idea to contact this person yourself to be sure that he is really advising particular project
  • Check when the project website is created, and registered (also a quick method to suspect a scam project)
  • Idea of the project (try to evaluate value of project by yourself, what perspectives it has, or is it just hype)

The list could go on and on, but this are the main criteria which i use to look for ICO with potential.

Most of these can be faked so, do a proper check in all.

1) In linkedin, try to send messages to all the members and see if they reply. If you do not get any reply, those profile may be fake.

2) Regarding website or domain age, the project can easily buy a  old domain and build a website on it. Even if they create the website a month before, you will see registration date as 4 or 5 years before. Proper way to check this is through wayback machine which allows you to check how the website exactly looked in the past.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: