Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 05:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just let it crash Damn it!  (Read 1146 times)
pureskull (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:15:57 PM

Im a new user who wants to invest on bitcoins and i feel the price for 1 bitcoin is absurd. Im certain is just this way because of some greedy chinese who took most bitcoin out of circulation and are waiting to cash out when they feel like. Right now it looks like a bull trap and deserves to crash to teach those chinese a lesson who will panic sell. Otherwise Bitcoin will fail simply because none in a mainstream society wants to deal with a currency based on decimals. example
how much is a tv?
0.1 btc wow that sounds stupid. Its already hard enough for a mainstream user to trust an exchange with their money to buy bitcoins. Now its even more hard to get 1 because of the price.
I am a mainstream user who heard about bitcoin in the news and although this post doesnt sound smart. This is how most mainstream users will think like and without our support it will unlikely get acceptance in our society.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:24:41 PM

Im a new user who wants to invest on bitcoins and i feel the price for 1 bitcoin is absurd. Im certain is just this way because of some greedy chinese who took most bitcoin out of circulation and are waiting to cash out when they feel like. Right now it looks like a bull trap and deserves to crash to teach those chinese a lesson who will panic sell. Otherwise Bitcoin will fail simply because none in a mainstream society wants to deal with a currency based on decimals. example
how much is a tv?
0.1 btc wow that sounds stupid. Its already hard enough for a mainstream user to trust an exchange with their money to buy bitcoins. Now its even more hard to get 1 because of the price.
I am a mainstream user who heard about bitcoin in the news and although this post doesnt sound smart. This is how most mainstream users will think like and without our support it will unlikely get acceptance in our society.
Do you usually buy 1kg of gold?
No I presume. You will buy more like 0.02kg, meaning 20 grams.
And still you are perfectly ok with this.

The same will happen with bitcoin.
Soon we will have to use mBTC as the unit.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
sweetNlow

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:28:54 PM

how much is a tv?
Do you usually buy 1kg of gold?
No I presume. You will buy more like 0.02kg, meaning 20 grams.
And still you are perfectly ok with this.

The same will happen with bitcoin.
Soon we will have to use mBTC as the unit.

Very well said! I believe this is the whole reason of bitcoin going down 8 decimal places. As price goes up I think we will start trading in mBTC but who knows  Tongue
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:29:36 PM

Otherwise Bitcoin will fail simply because none in a mainstream society wants to deal with a currency based on decimals.

So what do you do in the store when something isn't exactly a dollar or two dollars? Give up and say it's too hard/complicated?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
pureskull (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:25:41 PM

wow stupid gold comparison. gold is on a whole different level. its like comparing a scion to a lamborghini. at least with gold i have the physical value to back it up and gold also is hit and miss when it comes mainstream acceptance. Also i never said the decimals make it hard i said its harder to get 1 whole bitcoin. Go and try to convince your friends to buy 0.1 btc as an investment and see how they laugh at your face. Now redo this.when the price hits 200 and tell them to invest in 1and youll see a different response. thats my point
pureskull (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:32:57 AM

Bump
Today i seen a nice dip keep selling and we might hop back in when its at 200 or 300. Otherwise consider this currency dead and dont listen to those dumb fanatics who think this coin is worth 10k or will be worth 1 million. Question how can it be worth so much if some bitcoin miners mine 5btc per day. Im sure those guys will patiently wait till it gets till 10k value NOT. damn deillusional nerds nowadays. Btw ill be glad to eat my words if it at least gets to 3k after 5 months
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:41:32 AM

it might be worth 1 million someday, but first, $300-400.  Cheesy
stormlighter

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:43:47 AM

Im kinda hoping it will drop to somewhere between $100-200 so it would lure more ppl in and they would start to use it for its real purpose. Alternative payments. Not a speculative currency
pureskull (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:48:54 AM

Agreed Bitcoin should go up when its use also goes up. Not because some greedy chink decided to spend his life savings into it.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:50:58 AM

My sense all along was we would correct again

Though we are off the lows again, can't help feeling we might see 500 again...

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:51:41 AM

Im kinda hoping it will drop to somewhere between $100-200 so it would lure more ppl in and they would start to use it for its real purpose. Alternative payments. Not a speculative currency
speculation is bitcoin's main purpose, deal with it.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:37:31 AM

i'd be happy to see a nice crash. keep selling LOL, i want me some cheap coins! Tongue
mybogusname

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:55:06 AM

I agree. let the price crash, then we can gather a ton, and the price will go thru the roof again... making us richer!! LOL
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:21:48 AM

i hope it doesnt go so low that people start thinking bitcoin really IS a bubble..... better stay above 266! Smiley

xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:25:06 AM

At this rate, anything is possible.   Embarrassed
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:25:12 AM

wow stupid gold comparison. gold is on a whole different level. its like comparing a scion to a lamborghini. at least with gold i have the physical value to back it up

i hate it when people do this. its becoming my new pet peeve. this is COMPLETELY irrelevant to his argument. he was talking about how people have no problem buying 0.1troyounce coins of gold. whether bitcoin is better than gold or vice verca has NOTHING to do with his argument about how fractional denomination doenst prevent people from investing in gold.

as an aside does anyone know if there is a label for this specific form of logical fallacy or rhetorical trick or w/e it is?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Sniperdude

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:27:32 AM

i hope it doesnt go so low that people start thinking bitcoin really IS a bubble..... better stay above 266! Smiley

im guessing you bought in at 266 lol
Trizin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:27:42 AM

wow stupid gold comparison. gold is on a whole different level. its like comparing a scion to a lamborghini. at least with gold i have the physical value to back it up

i hate it when people do this. its becoming my new pet peeve. this is COMPLETELY irrelevant to his argument. he was talking about how people have no problem buying 0.1troyounce coins of gold. whether bitcoin is better than gold or vice verca has NOTHING to do with his argument about how fractional denomination doenst prevent people from investing in gold.

as an aside does anyone know if there is a label for this specific form of logical fallacy or rhetorical trick or w/e it is?

Behold the magnificence of this handy cut-out-and-keep-on-your-wall chart!

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/poster

(http://utminers.utep.edu/omwilliamson/ENGL1311/fallacies.htm is also good)
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:33:08 AM

@ 200 300 will be perfect. remember when the price explode all major exchange websites and companies that use btc gone greedy and cheat or scam people.

xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:35:16 AM

I can't cashout the BTC I have fast enough to guarantee that I'd be able to re-buy at a lower price.  And yet, I don't have enough cash on hand to set a buy order. FML, I'm going to have to ride this out and hope for the best.

Anyone know if Gox is still repeating its sell order?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: