Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I would attack Bitcoin  (Read 1202 times)
bathwater (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:10:37 PM

lets not bullshit, everyone here not part of the pyramid scheme of bitcoin, wants to be. im not trying to knock it. all forms of money is. there are those who use it for means of living and those who horde it for its value, hoping to gain what they lack. i do respect the idea though, of trying to remove the controlling grabs from of the controller (IMF, WorldBank), so i offer how i would attack bitcoin if i were one of these controllers.

i would use my telecommunication corps. which are heavily in my debt, whom also controls the internet, to 1) slow down all internet traffic bitcoin related. i would also 2) be forming a large mining farm to mine with larger machine and faster speeds. isnt the only way to beat bitcoin, by having your computer beat the combined network in solving the block chain ? didnt i just do that with steps 1 & 2 ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:24:09 PM

They would just ackowledging bitcoin is real thread to old Bank structures and new people would support Bitcoin idea by buying more miners.
ch3vr0n

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:30:51 PM

It will be fun when some government make hunt on BTC etc.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

They would just ackowledging bitcoin is real thread to old Bank structures and new people would support Bitcoin idea by buying more miners.

Yeah , like you can go in your closest shop and buy a miner.
If they do indeed produce miners in secret and launch a pool with 51% of the hashing power there will be no way miners could respond in time.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
bathwater (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:39:27 PM

in the california gold rush, it wasnt the people who mined for gold who made the largest profits, it was the people who sold shovels and tools, local hotels, and levi jeans. maybe we all should be investing in those places.  

im just thinking if the one true thing why people believe in bitcoin is the fair playing field, then shouldnt that be protected. the posibility of being well off keeps us here, but the bitcoin's idea is what brought us here. if that integrity goes, so does the public following bitcoin needs to grow. and those who invested heavily will turn into the ones who try to keep the masses ignorant and fooled. scary.
bathwater (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

net neutrality fails.............. ahahahahahahaaaa

what did i say. you slow the network down, call it priority or whatever you like, its double pay. these guys are real good.

i wouldnt be surprised if step 2 is already happening.

hahahahaaa
Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:03:23 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 10:18:34 AM by Relnarien

lets not bullshit, everyone here not part of the pyramid scheme of bitcoin, wants to be. im not trying to knock it. all forms of money is. there are those who use it for means of living and those who horde it for its value, hoping to gain what they lack. i do respect the idea though, of trying to remove the controlling grabs from of the controller (IMF, WorldBank), so i offer how i would attack bitcoin if i were one of these controllers.

i would use my telecommunication corps. which are heavily in my debt, whom also controls the internet, to 1) slow down all internet traffic bitcoin related. i would also 2) be forming a large mining farm to mine with larger machine and faster speeds. isnt the only way to beat bitcoin, by having your computer beat the combined network in solving the block chain ? didnt i just do that with steps 1 & 2 ??

You seem to be missing the point of decentralization. In addition to having no central entity control the generation, distribution and destruction of Bitcoins, decentralization also allows the supporters and users of Bitcoin to decide amongst themselves how to determine the validity of blocks and transactions. If necessary, the Bitcoin protocol can be modified to ignore any entity involved with any form of malicious attack, leaving the attackers with a useless fork of Bitcoin. Also, if there should come a time that a single entity were to become powerful enough to acquire absolute monopolistic control over the Internet speed of every single computer in the world, I highly doubt that the first thing on anyone's mind would be "what will happen to Bitcoin?"

How much do you know about Bitcoin? Have you even read the whitepaper yet?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 10:17:30 AM

U r wrongly informed. IMF, WorldBank cant control all the wires.

Chavez

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:09:10 PM

Pyramid scheme? Looks like someone is trolling.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

Bitcoin  is not safe from everything, but altoins that are growing now and if something kills bitcoin are and will be much stronger.
Farmer17

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

After on hiatus for 7 months, you come back to only post your update on "How I would attack Bitcoin"?  Cheesy

Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:07:08 PM

What a silly comment lol, it's not like they're going to jump on twitter and say "yeah we're going to attack bitcoin now" - chances are you won't know it's happening or who's doing it until it's to late.

For all we know the banks already own ghash.io and can collapse the BTC economy as we know it on demand.

Farmer17

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:11:01 PM

For all we know the banks already own ghash.io and can collapse the BTC economy as we know it on demand.

Where did you get the first part? I make some searches but can't find who owns ghash and cex.

Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:13:07 PM

Where did you get the first part? I make some searches but can't find who owns ghash and cex.
I'm just speculating, that isn't actually true (as far as I know).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: