Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 to spend on Coins/mining gear or something  (Read 621 times)
orcanice (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:36:25 PM

what can i get for that?  if we are talking any mining gear it has to be Europe
chandrew

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:06:34 PM

i recommend CEX, you mine while you hold on to GHS, and you can convert GHS back to BTC. but you need BTC to get GHS.
de_ixie

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:18:43 PM

Hello orcanice,

you can also participate in one of the many "Group Buys" in the "Mining" sub-section - there you have the possibility to join mining with relatively low capital.

Cheers

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

try to buy bitcoins instead. go to localbitcoins.com and find someone in your neighborhood.
orcanice (OP)

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:39:37 PM

i recommend CEX, you mine while you hold on to GHS, and you can convert GHS back to BTC. but you need BTC to get GHS.

im mining with arround 6gh/s on cex atm with my own miners (11 block erupters and 1 blue fury)

Hello orcanice,

you can also participate in one of the many "Group Buys" in the "Mining" sub-section - there you have the possibility to join mining with relatively low capital.

Cheers

have been looking at that. but they will only accept bitcoins.

try to buy bitcoins instead. go to localbitcoins.com and find someone in your neighborhood.

can't find anything on localbitcoins.com near me. i have been looking at it but dont know what exchange thats trusted
Itun

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

I think Coinbase is a secure wallet/semi-exchange.

If you are only interested in btc, you can be safe, buying some from there.

Or, with your money, you can speculate and buy some alt-coins.

But, unless you go for LTC or something, this method can be more risky.
panck4beer

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:58:58 PM

Bitcoins is best, you could only buy 2 USB block erupters for $100

durjoy

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

with current difficulty level you can't mine that much with USB miners.
Itun

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:06:31 PM

Yes it is (well maybe not currently because the prices are dropping due to China).

Mining is useless (especially with the inflated prices and the increased difficulty).
bwhitsonjr

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:11:29 PM

So I'm a newbie and I'm looking into getting into bitcoining and litecoining. From what I've heard litecoin is more profitable since it's like bitcoin jr right now. (That's how I've heard it put) So with that being said I'm going to have a maximum of $2000 to invest at the first of the year and I'm curious which is the best way to go? First things first.... Do I need a dedicated machine for each bitcoin and litecoin mining? Or if I was to get a butterfly labs rig that could handle 25gh/s for $1249 could I share that between mining for each application? My guess is no! Please guide me in this direction. I'm basing my funds to use on current technology not what they may have next year. Also is it really that easy to hook a 25Gh/s bitcoin miner to a new computer and run the miner program connecting to a pool and let it do it's thing? Also another question I have is do you put all your nuts in one basket by only dedicating your computer to one pool or do you run multiple pools? I can do my research on who the best one's are I'm just curious on so many things. Please do your best to guide me on this subject as I'm very tech savy with pc's and hardware but with this mining is NEW to me!!!
mackcowanii

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:13:05 PM

You could go to localbitcoins or use coinbase.
Itun

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:04:07 AM

So I'm a newbie and I'm looking into getting into bitcoining and litecoining. From what I've heard litecoin is more profitable since it's like bitcoin jr right now. (That's how I've heard it put) So with that being said I'm going to have a maximum of $2000 to invest at the first of the year and I'm curious which is the best way to go? First things first.... Do I need a dedicated machine for each bitcoin and litecoin mining? Or if I was to get a butterfly labs rig that could handle 25gh/s for $1249 could I share that between mining for each application? My guess is no! Please guide me in this direction. I'm basing my funds to use on current technology not what they may have next year. Also is it really that easy to hook a 25Gh/s bitcoin miner to a new computer and run the miner program connecting to a pool and let it do it's thing? Also another question I have is do you put all your nuts in one basket by only dedicating your computer to one pool or do you run multiple pools? I can do my research on who the best one's are I'm just curious on so many things. Please do your best to guide me on this subject as I'm very tech savy with pc's and hardware but with this mining is NEW to me!!!

Well, first of all, don't get the bfl labs rig if you are trying to mine litecoins, because it won't work.

If you want to mine litecoins, you have to buy good graphics cards.

With the money you have to invest, you can buy some good enough ones to get you some litecoins.

All you need to connect rigs to computers are drivers and programs.

It's not hard to do.
chandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:31:55 AM

at what rate would a USB block erupter mine?
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:33:29 AM

get to an exchange and await the great crash that will allow you to get maybe 0.4 or so coins for your $100.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: