Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:29:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China banned bitcoin. When will it crash? Win 0.1 BTC  (Read 5419 times)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4585

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:33:28 PM

sigh
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:45:44 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 09:36:04 PM by JackRabiit

Not even the Great Firewall of China can stop bitcoin, Just because Chinese financial institutions have Supposesdly "banned" bitcoin, doesn't mean that the chinese populous will stop using it, I think the only think that could cause that would be if it became illegal to have bitcoins

CHINA DID NOT BAN BITCOIN, They declaired it as "not a currency" and therefore finnacial instituions in china are Not Allowed to accept it as currency.
Bitcoins ARE NOT illicit/illegal in china in any way shape or form.

Read the headlines carefully "China Bans Financial Companies From Bitcoin Transactions"
Where the HELL does it state that bitcoins are banned?
"the People’s Bank of China said it isn’t a currency with “real meaning” and doesn’t have the same legal status. The public is free to participate in Internet transactions provided they take on the risk themselves, it said. "

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:00:32 PM

I see it more as that Bitcoin has been legitimised in China.
All private persons can trade in Bitcoin and they will educate the populus on how best to invest... good news!

It is neither banned nor legitimised. People's bank of china just tell us that bitcoin should be considered a commodity and not a currency. Nothing more, nothing less.
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 02:05:39 PM

February 10th 2014
pinacolada

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:13:44 PM

China banned bitcoin. When will it crash? Win 0.1 BTC

When will btc crash under $400 ?
The winner gets 0.1 btc!

China did not ban Bitcoin. Even if China did ban Bitcoin, that action alone is not sufficient enough to determine that a crash will occur.
gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:39:01 PM

stupid contest as there never will be a winner

Never say never. Price wont crash under $400 because of yesterday Chinese news, but may crash by high dump, 60% crash may happen anytime
eindbaas (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:45:53 PM

I hope it does ,free cheap btc
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:10:00 PM

Its already crashing, matter of time before its under $400, or even under $100.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:47:54 PM

The winner gets 0.1 btc!

China did not ban Bitcoin. Even if China did ban Bitcoin, that action alone is not sufficient enough to determine that a crash will occur.

not a "ban", but it seems they don't want their people use it as a currency but only as a "virtual commodity"

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:33:49 AM

The winner gets 0.1 btc!

I guess the current price is just some sort of random coincidence...  Interesting.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:51:02 AM

Although many rushed to add op in their ignore lists, the news about china definitely had a negative impact  Cry
So the question now is when the crash is going to stop. Lets hope soon.
Ben Thomas Clayton

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 01:57:12 AM

BTC's under $400 During the next 14 hours.

Bitcoin adress: 1973dn8zAtXVfLXxwuRSfnWGfHRRUihDtx
Devcoin adress: 17iyPzDjgDovga7feUNyctJisg2VNyboEQ
Earn Devcoins by Writing
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:13:36 AM

The price has barely moved an inch since China declares that bitcoin has "no meaning"
oooooh, scary!  
lol

Thanks for jinxing us.

Asshole.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:05:12 AM

I 'm wandering how people choose their random guesses. I mean 14 hours? Why not 13 or 15?
Ben Thomas Clayton

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:20:18 PM

I 'm wandering how people choose their random guesses. I mean 14 hours? Why not 13 or 15?

I was in fact thinking about 13 or 15, but ended up in the middle.

Bitcoin adress: 1973dn8zAtXVfLXxwuRSfnWGfHRRUihDtx
Devcoin adress: 17iyPzDjgDovga7feUNyctJisg2VNyboEQ
Earn Devcoins by Writing
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:42:39 PM

Not even the Great Firewall of China can stop bitcoin, Just because Chinese financial institutions have Supposesdly "banned" bitcoin, doesn't mean that the chinese populous will stop using it, I think the only think that could cause that would be if it became illegal to have bitcoins

CHINA DID NOT BAN BITCOIN, They declaired it as "not a currency" and therefore finnacial instituions in china are Not Allowed to accept it as currency.

Read the headlines carefully "China Bans Financial Companies From Bitcoin Transactions"
"the People’s Bank of China said it isn’t a currency with “real meaning” and doesn’t have the same legal status. The public is free to participate in Internet transactions provided they take on the risk themselves, it said. "

China DID NOT BAN BITCOIN. You are right.
BUT BAIDU STOPPED ACCEPTING BITCOINS. If you can't see that there is an issue here then you are a bigger idiot than all of those that think that bitcoin is banned in china. No offence.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:51:30 PM

Be informed.

China stance on BTC http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sbefw/chinese_investment_banker_says_what_nobody_in_the/
hromobiti

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:58:59 PM

Was everyone really expecting the King of China to declare Bitcoins a national currency? Get a grip folks.

I dont hope any country make Bitcoins a national currency. But banning listing product/service prices in BTC is big punch. Hopefully this can not happen in free countries.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:29:05 PM

I was in fact thinking about 13 or 15, but ended up in the middle.

Well it seems that you were wrong anyway. Keep on guessing though.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:40:26 AM

China DID NOT BAN BITCOIN. You are right.
BUT BAIDU STOPPED ACCEPTING BITCOINS. If you can't see that there is an issue here then you are a bigger idiot than all of those that think that bitcoin is banned in china. No offence.

I think that has a lot more to do with specific implementation difficulties Baidu was having, and lack of interest among its particular customer base.  These preceded the bank news.

Is this bank stuff an issue?  Of course.  I just don't think it's as much of an issue as you think.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: