Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: abitbetter247 - Wager like a business professional not a gambler  (Read 7002 times)
abitbetter247 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:20:53 AM

Well there it is folks...the Golden Sombrero! And for the very first time in over 2 years of capping, we're wearing it!

That's right everyone our Pick of the Day has been a LOSER for 3 consecutive days.

For subscribers who follow us and wager using an aggressive A-B-C series strategy, your C bet was a loser and you must accept your loss and begin a new series starting at A. For those subscribers following a more conservative A-B-C-D series strategy, your D bet is tomorrow.  Because we never lost a C bet before until tonight, it follows that there has never been a D bet before. This is uncharted water and not for the faint of heart. Stay the course and follow your plan if you have the stomach for it.

Streaks tend to extend themselves before everything reverts back to the mean. So for now, it's quite conceivable that things could get worse before they improve.  Stick to your plan!

We have a statistician and we have a baller and we know our stuff ( I know that this sounds laughable tonight) and we cap at a 2 year rate of 64%...verifiable.  More importantly we have a positive ROI because we net positive units.  Stay the course and things will invariably revert back to the mean.

Bottom line:

If you are someone who jumps off the band wagon when the future looks questionable... don't jump, LEAP now!
If you are someone who looks to ride the wave and follow an uptrend... you might want to hold off before following us right now!

By the way, either of the above-noted strategies will only net losses over the long term.  Don't take our word for it, check it out with anybody out there...anybody!

Lastly, if you have a plan and you are following it, stick with it no matter what, and this applies to those who are just starting out as much as it applies to those who have already realized sizeable net gains.

If your plan includes us, great, we will do everything in our power to assist you.  If your plan does not include us, that's fine too, just stick with it.

Good luck to all! 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:52:19 AM

By the way, we had narrowed down our Pick of the Day to Ohio State or Creighton...could have gone either way...the baller liked both but said Creighton all the way. The statistician demonstrated empirically why Ohio State had the statistical edge...so we went with the Buckeyes... 
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:24:00 AM

700+ days and you never had lost 3 in a row?

THIS IS 100% A LYING SINGLE PERSON PRETENDING HE KNOWS HIS SPORTS. NO CAPPER CAN GO 700+ DAYS WITHOUT 3 LOSSES UNLESS BETTING -1000 OR GREATER FAVORITES. STAY AWAY!!!

There is no "team of experts" here. It is simply just someone thinking they can beat the house. Invest in American stocks, you'll earn far more of a ROI long term then you ever will from sports betting. Don't even try to say otherwise. The books have been in the business far longer then you have been alive. They know their stuff, you think you can create an edge, well guess what, you can't. Even if you find one for a small period of time, Vegas and books will see the flaw and move their lines accordingly. You can't win. It is a gambler's fallacy.
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

They say that any publicity is good publicity, but I'm not sure that the previous post is what they had in mind...lol

Setting the Record Straight

1.  We are in fact a small team of dedicated professionals who attempt on a daily basis to provide our subscribers with what is in our opinion the best betting line for that particular day.  We are not trying to beat the house, we are trying to produce a positive return on investment utilizing a safe, conservative and sustainable business model.

2.  We are in fact real people, brutally honest people, and we have often been told that we are perhaps too honest for our own good.  Of course there is no such thing as being too honest in business.  You either are or you aren't.

3.  To my knowledge, we have never made use of the word "experts" as there is in fact no such thing.  No surprise there.  But we are in fact professionals in own discipline.  Personally, I have over 22 years of managing financial, equity, and derivative portfolios.  As such, my role at abitbetter247 is the day-to-day money management and risk management of our investment portfolio.  Given my background, I do not therefore have any input whatsoever on our daily selection of the Pick of the Day.  However, I do not use the term "investment" loosely as sports wagers ought to be considered as investments that, when properly managed, can achieve significant positive returns on investment that can outperform traditional financial markets in the long term.  Collective individual sentiment can cause havoc in traditional financial markets that can never be predicted nor entirely avoided.  There is no such impediment in the sports wagering business.

Oh, and I'm also responsible for posting on this forum and communicating with our subscribers via email on a daily basis.  In this regard, I'm no professional, just a novice amateur doing my best to keep everyone informed.

4.   Over the past 7 calendar days, we have had 2 winners and 5 losers thereby matching our previous lows for 7 calendar day periods.  However, this particular week was in fact unique, because this was the first time that any 2 - 5 week has ever included 3 losses on consecutive days.

5.  We do not operate a website where data can be manipulated to serve our own purposes.  We operate strictly via email such that each and every Pick of the Day selection that we have ever made has been sent via email to a past or present subscriber thereby creating a time-stamped, permanent, and objective record of our overall performance that can be attested to at any time by such subscribers.

6.  On December 1, 2013, we decided to go public with our service, mostly through this forum, because we wanted to see if we could generate additional daily subscribers as we felt that our largely underground business had been validated after 2 years of continuous operation, and after yielding positive returns on investment over both of those years.

Bottom Line

If you have never subscribed to our Pick of the Day via email at abitbetter247@gmail.com we invite you to do so in order that you too can judge for yourself what our past and present subscribers have known from the very beginning.  Your subscription is daily with absolutely no ongoing commitments whatsoever.  One and done or in it for the long haul is fine by us either way.

If you are not interested or in any way skeptical, by all means please do as the previous poster so eloquently stated and run for the hills and stay away.

Thank you and as always good luck to all!  
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

Well, I guess maybe that's something to think about next time...go with the baller instead of the stat guy if it's totally 50/50.  You know, I'm sure Vegas has all the "stats" that stat guy has, but they might not have the "feel" or experience that the baller has.  I mean last night wasn't even close.

Is there any way you might be able to send out a "second" choice pick if you are ever split 50/50 like that again?  I like the 1 pick idea but if it's that close, let us decide if we want to go with your "best" pick or both of them.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:44:50 AM

Good points.  We've actually had previous requests for more than 1 pick per day from subscribers as we ourselves generally trade a basket of picks on any given day much like you would see in your average mutual fund.  In doing so, we grade the quality of each pick and try to narrow in on the likelihood of success thereby allocating different levels of risk to each particular play.  Perhaps if we grade 2 potential selections identically (no such thing but you know what I mean) we could send out both selections as the Pick of the Day with the caveat that the subscriber can choose to wager on either pick, on both, or on neither depending on their own subjective opinion and business model.  Certainly the failure to select Creighton as the Pick of the Day resulted in our first 3 in a row loss and this was particularly frustrating since it was given our highest risk allocation in our portfolio of picks for that evening along with the Buckeyes of course.  So while we essentially broke even on the Creighton win and the Ohio State loss (minus a bit of vig) the Ohio State loss left our subscribers at least 1 full unit down on the night and stinging from 3 consecutive losses.

Should you subscribe in the future please feel free to direct any specific requests that you may have to us via email and we will be happy to consider them.  As we've tried to stress over and over throughout this forum, we are focused on customer satisfaction and as a result we do try to over-deliver on our services whenever possible.

In any event, thank you for contributing to the forum and best of luck to you.   
quone17

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 02:46:24 AM

Do you mean you'd like me to email you these suggestions, or are the previous posts sufficient for you to consider my thoughts (particularly on the multiple picks)?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

No, no the forum is great...plus it's open to the general public to see so it's fully transparent.

I just meant that should you decide to one day subscribe, on the assumption that you have not yet done so since I have no idea what your email address is (which is how we track all of our subscribers), feel free in your subscription request for the day to be as specific as you want regarding what you would like to receive from us.  We make every effort to fulfill your requests.
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:33:00 AM

Today's Pick of the Day was NCAAB Butler @ Providence (-5.5) for a potential payout of 1.892.  Providence won the game by 9 so we easily covered and more importantly we ended our nasty 3 game losing streak.  We actually doubled down on the game as this was a D bet in our current series so we can officially report that we are 1-0 lifetime on D bets.

So now we begin a fresh new series tomorrow so all subscribers should be placing A bets.  Let's see where this takes us...
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:59:08 AM

Today's Pick of the Day was NCAAB Duke (-4) @ Miami Florida for a potential payout of 1.925.  Duke won the game by 21 so we easily covered again tonight for a second consecutive day.

Slow and steady wins the race.  Stick with your proven and sustainable business plan.  This is a nice start to this new series, all of tomorrow's subscribers should be placing A bets again tomorrow.

For anyone interested in trying out our service please email us at abitbetter247@gmail.com and we will guide you through the easy process.

Good luck to all!
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:45:55 AM

What a difference a few days makes!

It's turkey time!

That's 3 in a row as Tonight's Pick of the Day of NCAAB Florida (-4.5) @ Alabama for a potential payout 1.806 produced another winner.

Let's talk turkey:  If you want to grow your sports wagering results slowly, progressively and in a sustainable fashion, consider contacting us at abitbetter247@gmail.com.  We can help you put an appropriate investment plan in place.

The Pick of the Day...long term...it's a winner!
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:05:49 AM

Yesterday's Pick of the Day was horrific and a loser but we rebounded today with yet another nice winner.  We have now covered in 4 of the last 5 Picks of the Day which is really setting us up nicely for a long, sustainable and profitable run through the end of the month.

December showed a really strong ROI and January is looking like it will close out profitably as well.

Email us at abitbetter247@gmail.com to get your Pick of the Day!

Good luck to all!

abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

January has been challenging to say the least.  A tough loss yesterday left us at only 1-1 on the weekend, but we are trending higher having won 4 out of our last 6 as we look to close out the month with a positive ROI.
quone17

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:49:12 PM

I've noticed your picks are all basketball as of late.  What are your picks like in the summer? MLB, something else?  Just wondering, thanks.

abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:36:09 PM

That's another great question.

Betting on MLB is absolutely your BEST odds at generating positive returns over the long haul for so many reasons:

1. As it gets closer to summer, it's low season for sports books so the vig gets lower.  It's already lower for MLB than it is for any other major North American sport...but it generally gets even lower.

2. There are no point spreads in baseball...it's a zero sum game...you either win or you lose.

3. Baseball is not a timed sport, so you don't get meaningless baskets, empty net goals or prevent defenses giving up meaningless points at the end of a game that mess with bets that otherwise would have covered.

4. MLB is much more predictable, particularly once you are 40 games into the season.  Make a note of your potential playoff teams after 40 games and you will see that little has changed after 162 games.

There are also countless statistical and other unquantifiable edges that a good handicapper will consider (that we will not reveal here for obvious reasons) that will give a really good handicapper an edge over a full MLB season.

So, in answer to your question...at the moment the NCAAB, NBA and NHL dominate the schedule, but come April the MLB will get a ton of attention... from us anyway.

Thanks for your inquiry and good luck!   

abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:49:59 AM

Tonight's Pick of the Day was NBA Los Angeles Clippers (-9.5) @ Milwaukee Bucks for a potential payout 1.917.  The Clippers won the game 114 - 86 thereby easily covering the spread.

We are now 5 for 7 over the past week as we look to establish a sustainable bull run through the end of the month.

End of the month runs are not unusual and, even though there is absolutely no logical explanation for why they happen, it's nice to see that this streak is slowly working its way to the upside.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! 
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:44:45 AM

Tonight's Pick of the Day was NBA Los Angeles Clippers (-9.5) @ Milwaukee Bucks for a potential payout 1.917.  The Clippers won the game 114 - 86 thereby easily covering the spread.

We are now 5 for 7 over the past week as we look to establish a sustainable bull run through the end of the month.

End of the month runs are not unusual and, even though there is absolutely no logical explanation for why they happen, it's nice to see that this streak is slowly working its way to the upside.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!  

Well,let's be honest, 5 for 7 over the past week but it was 3 losses in a row before that. Since following you I've had:

Loss
Loss
Win
Win
Loss
Loss
Loss
Win
Win
Win
Loss
Win
Loss
Win
Loss

15 days And under .500 (plus losing vig)
I'm beginning to lose faith in all honesty after tonight's spanking. Good luck going forward.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
lasonic

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:18:58 PM

As much as we would all like to have the power, no handicapper controls the outcome of the game.  I got hammered last night on five plays pulled from multiple sources.  Sure the pick from abitbetter247 lost, but so did a butt-load of others.  I did, however, wake up this morning to an email in my inbox from abitbetter notifying that I would get their pick for today free because of the loss last night.  Only thing you can do?  Tee it up again tonight and hope the great invisible god of sports shines the light on you.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:25:36 PM

As much as we would all like to have the power, no handicapper controls the outcome of the game.  I got hammered last night on five plays pulled from multiple sources.  Sure the pick from abitbetter247 lost, but so did a butt-load of others.  I did, however, wake up this morning to an email in my inbox from abitbetter notifying that I would get their pick for today free because of the loss last night.  Only thing you can do?  Tee it up again tonight and hope the great invisible god of sports shines the light on you.

Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Well I agree, I just was hoping for something better than a game under .500 after 15 picks.  I'm not giving up yet, just bummed out.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
abitbetter247 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:44:02 PM

Just a very quick reply to address last night's post.

January has been awful.  That being said, we are still 17-11 over 28 days.  That's a 60% win rate, +4.03 units returned, and a 14% Return on Investment.  And these are raw results only, assuming that you bet 1 unit every single night...which we do not advise.

Good luck finding a safe investment on Wall Street that is up 14% in January so far.  My background is in financial management for over 22 years.

More to follow on what a proper money management strategy has yielded so far this month.

Good luck everyone!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: