Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 02:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multipool software?  (Read 1591 times)
LuxCapacitor (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:57:41 PM

I'm wondering if there are "off the shelf" multipool server software like MPOS, or all of the multipool operators using custom software to switch.  Seems like the switcher itself would be fairly trivial, but the stats interface wouldn't.
napoleon2121

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:52:34 PM

as long as i know it's self made.
tmwsiy

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:02:08 AM

I have been thinking about this.

You are right the switcher would be fairly easy (just bring up and down stratum instances on the same port but connected to different coin daemons and databases). If you wanted to be really slick you could just build it into stratum and keep the same sockets open, miner diff's, etc) and I also agree you would end up with a good bit of rework in the stats and balance/payout stuff (ie not as simple as just switching out /public/include/config/global.inc.php for each "current mining" coin) multipool just makes you configure payout addresses for each coin and shows stats for each coin separately.

think the simplest and most user friendly thing would be to write a cron orchestration piece that would based on some criteria wake up and automatically switch the current running stratum / or the coin it is working for to whatever is called for at the time.

Then use mpos as a base for the end user facing piece and set it up with bitcoin for payout and then make your own autosell/payout system and post stats like multipool and have another component that shows the sell (ie exchange, rate, exchange fee, etc).

Not trivial but not terrible I don't think.

not tried to do it yet and if I do I will post up my github Smiley

Seems most folks don't even want to talk about setting pools up much less modifying and extending code for what's out there! I would like to see that change! Smiley
Slush's stratum and mpos are awesome specimens, wish there were more options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: