Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:50:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In desperate need of financial help/guidance....  (Read 1298 times)
bennybong (OP)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:50:11 PM

Hi I'll try and save the sob story as much as possible but I have found myself in real shitty financial situation all of a sudden. I don't really know where to start with this so here goes:

I am a 23yr old living with my girlfriend, I pay for everything with the money I get from my work as a courier. Things have a habit of going wrong for me.... This is the story of my most recent debacle...

A few weeks ago I went to work the first saturday I have in a long time. When I got there I loaded my van up and opened the passenger door to get something out and the whole locking mechanism just, well, broke! The door would not shut at all. This meant I had to take one of the company vans out with me. Long story short - 2 x 20 Litre containers of Rapeseed oil somehow tipped over and leaked out in the back of the van. I won't begin to describe the nightmare this caused to me, the van, the public and to all of the customers parcels that were on-board! The police AND the highways agency had to come out and deal with the mess.

I have just got back from work after being told by my boss that they will be charging me over £2400 for the whole cleanup, van rental while the other one was being rid of all the oil and for the goods I was carrying (most of which was completely screwed). This money is going to be taken in 3 payments (I get paid weekly) starting tomorrow!!!! Thanks a fucking lot eh?

I have explained to them that obviously cannot afford that, I don't understand what they are thinking really. I will barley be able to pay for my expenses (fuel, insurance, van payments etc) let alone pay the rent and eat during the week! Oh and in case you weren't aware: It's Christmas in a few weeks, also it's my 4yr anniversary on the 16th!

I am screwed and really need some help getting some money fast.

I no longer have any bitcoins to speak of, I wasn't very clever with mine and was selling them when they were much cheaper to pay my way through life and also payed off a few debts in the process. I spent my last few bitcoins they other day on a blackarrow X-3. In all I had sold about 60% of my coins - the rest of mine and my friends were in 50BTC!
I am awaiting a withdrawal from mtgox for £10,000 but this does not belong to me. It is from my friends Avalon which I have been looking after, he does not have a verified gox account either. When this will actually hit my account is fairly irrelevant as it's not my money to spend - as much as I have though about doing a runner!

This is just the tip of what has been going on recently but I hope you get the idea.

So here I am trying to figure out wtf I am going to do in the coming weeks. I don't have anyone that can help me out financially so I am calling upon the community for help. There are some people on the forum that are fairly wealthy now and I ask you to please help me get through this. It's Christmas and my anniversary coming up and I can't afford to pay my rent in 2 weeks let alone buy gifts, or even a Christmas tree!

What I am asking for is a loan, to be paid back in full early in the new year. Bear in mind I have another ASIC coming in Feb 2014 (fingers crossed) and I earn a decent wage (without the recent charges coming off anyway)

Some help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:27:11 PM

Sounds like you got in a big pickle.  Squeeze out of it, and keep on going.  I wouldn't be able to lend you; the amount is too big of a risk and really, it's somewhat still of a sob story; true or not.  Good luck, but with this information and no collateral, I doubt you'll get a loan.
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:52:43 PM

Sounds like you got in a big pickle.  Squeeze out of it, and keep on going.  I wouldn't be able to lend you; the amount is too big of a risk and really, it's somewhat still of a sob story; true or not.  Good luck, but with this information and no collateral, I doubt you'll get a loan.

Thanks for your input. I know it's a long shot and I haven't really stated any terms, I was kind of leaving the details up to the person willing to lend.

I do have lots of things I could offer up for collateral. Electrical goods etc. Oh and I have about 10LTC. Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

I have just got back from work after being told by my boss that they will be charging me over £2400 for the whole cleanup, van rental while the other one was being rid of all the oil and for the goods I was carrying (most of which was completely screwed). This money is going to be taken in 3 payments (I get paid weekly) starting tomorrow!!!! Thanks a fucking lot eh?

I would question the legality of that.  Do you have a workers board or some other agency that looks out for workers?  Contact them for legal advice.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

I would question the legality of that.  Do you have a workers board or some other agency that looks out for workers?  Contact them for legal advice.

I was going to say, in most any modern country charging an employee for mistakes like that is illegal. A business owner stands to gain from the risk of a business, he can't just pass it (the risk) off to the employee when things go bad.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:31:24 PM

I would question the legality of that.  Do you have a workers board or some other agency that looks out for workers?  Contact them for legal advice.

I'm self employed like a lot of drivers in the industry, it's how a lot of delivery companies do things, so I don't really have a leg to stand on with such matters. Correct me if I'm wrong? Please?

Also for clarification it am not looking to borrow £2400... £1000-1500 would see me through this particularly tense and stressful festive period.  
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:26:51 AM

I would question the legality of that.  Do you have a workers board or some other agency that looks out for workers?  Contact them for legal advice.

I'm self employed like a lot of drivers in the industry, it's how a lot of delivery companies do things, so I don't really have a leg to stand on with such matters. Correct me if I'm wrong? Please?

Also for clarification it am not looking to borrow £2400... £1000-1500 would see me through this particularly tense and stressful festive period.  

If you are self employed you should have insurance to cover things like this. Personally, your story sounds exceptionally fishy to me as any commercial driver probably has insurance to cover things like this.

Sorry for your loss, but at least learn from the mistake.

http://www.capcoverage.com/courier.htm

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
bennybong (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:34:49 AM

If you are self employed you should have insurance to cover things like this. Personally, your story sounds exceptionally fishy to me as any commercial driver probably has insurance to cover things like this.

Sorry for your loss, but at least learn from the mistake.

http://www.capcoverage.com/courier.htm

I do not have goods in transit insurance, sorry. Honestly every time I have asked for help and advise here people just start picking holes in my story! Would I really make this shit up? Damn.   
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 07:25:07 AM

I do not have goods in transit insurance, sorry. Honestly every time I have asked for help and advise here people just start picking holes in my story! Would I really make this shit up? Damn.   

Unfortunately, yes.  People do anything for bitcoins.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
bakada

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:37:57 PM by bakada

bennybong (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:36:17 PM

So your a courier without commercial insurance??

If you had to switch to a fleet van of your boss, are you sure he is not double dipping asking you to pay money for his loss, but at the same time making a claim against his insurance company.   It just sounds odd. 

I was on my father-in-laws commercial insurance when I started this job but it was only temporary and I was supposed to be getting my own... I can clearly see the benefits of this now! But it is a bit of a grey area anyway as it turns out I probably wasn't insured to drive the vehicle anyway (I'm under 25). So we could both be in a lot of trouble if we try and go down that route, me and my 'employer'.

I do now have a strong feeling they are trying to screw me over a bit. I have spoken with a few other drivers at the depot that have similar stories, one of which told me he crashed a fleet van and they made him pay the excess of £500 AND £1300 for the damage!?!? They all just seem to bend over and take it though. I am fighting this one though.

I have spoken to a friend who works in the chamber of commerce(!) and he has told me they can absolutely not just take money from me without me agreeing it. They have to pay me what I bill them for at the end of each day otherwise I can take them to a small claims court. So basically they have to pay me what they owe and then I can pay them what I can afford to pay on my own terms - of course then they could just tell me not to come back!

If your serious:

1) cancel 10,000 GBP gox withdrawal.   Convert 1500 into BTC
2) Send me the BTC and I will withdrawal it for you within 3 days'ish.
3) I'll send you the needed funds.  0.5 percent for the annoyance.  You pay wire fee.

If your friend has no expectation of receiving this money soon, then I assume he would be fine with lending you the 1500 from his 10k no?

I will probably be in contact soon about this. Where are you cashing the btc out?

Thanks.

bakada

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:18:06 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 06:38:12 PM by bakada

bakada

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:51:08 PM