Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:21:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats wrong with Coinmarketcap?  (Read 1339 times)
Badboy45

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:31:27 AM

Its too slow to pick up new projects
Mercedes1107

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:34:45 AM

Their is nothing wrong with coinmarketcap, it's just a lot of new coins are released and I think maybe they have a team that is not solid and inexperienced and does not have a good business partner to support the ICO, because an ICO when launched it will have a coin and a clear website, because of course investors will see their website to analyze and read the white paper and ICO roadmap before investing.
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:36:05 AM

I think is fine with coinmarketcap. I also still see frequent updates of the new coin entry. If it does not exist in coinmarketcap, means the coin indeed may yet dimarket listings. Be patient, wait and do not be too hasty.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

I dont think there is anything wrong with coinmarketcap, though I dont like their new coin listing process but most of the time it is the updated stat about any coin present.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
frirstfootonthemoon1989

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:59:37 PM

As long as I used coinmarketcap to check on coins trade volume and price, there is nothing wrong with it, I think the site help me a lot when i need to check if the coins is already listed in the market or not.
MiChaeng

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:27:21 PM

I checked it out, there are a lot of coins that don't even have a website,

is anyone here that is part of that websites managment?

Why is their website so badly managed, and how can a new coin get listed? is this website dead?

regards
if it is like that I do not know. I am still confused with your question. but surely they have been trying to be the best. new coins are not necessarily good in the market and last long, better look for coins that have large volumes and a clear concept.
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:32:50 PM

Neither this website inform us about where to buy or sell a certain coin, its fluctuations in prices, capitalization, I believe that if a coin came to this site then it is a success!

Olgdanil

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:34:49 PM

If a coin or a token is placed on an exchange, they automatically go to the Coinmarketcap after a while.
nirmalakk

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:25:14 AM

Actually nothing wrong with coinmarketcap, it's just a lot of new coins are released and I think maybe they have a team that is not solid and inexperienced and does not have a good business partner to support the ICO, because an ICO when launched it will have a coin and a clear website, because of course investors will see their website to analyze and read the white paper and ICO roadmap before investing.
Lannie25

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

Actually there are lots of complaints in coinmarketcap wherein the investment they owned is slowly decreasing and the market value also decreasing which is really suspicious to look at.
Matilda

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:33:25 AM

As far as I know, there are still many coins that have not been circulated, so the true market value of the whole market is often larger than that of the website.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:36:30 AM

It is one of the best sites regarding coins. And i prefer it over any other. I think your question is not valid. As they only provide the detail that is authentic. If a coin don't have a website, how can they add a website by themselves.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:45:04 PM

there is not i mean nothing wrong with coinmarket cap any coin found in coinmarket cap after the ico is reach they focus on the coin to make sure the price of that particular coin is trading in the market.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:27:45 PM

Unreliable information about the crypto-currencies in the CoinMarketCap list is one of the biggest fraudulent deals in the field of crypto-currency. The oldest links to block commentators, forums or websites can still be forgiven.  But the incorrect volume of the crypto currency in circulation has a much greater impact not only on the entire crypto-currency community, but also on the perception of this market as a whole. An unreliable information about the volume of the crypto currency in circulation, CoinMarketCap has the ability to decide which coins or tokens "succeed" and which "die"  .  Overstating the volume of crypto currency in circulation is good for it, and it attracts much more attention of users and the media, which entails an increase in market capitalization and increases the rating of the crypto currency.  Underestimating the volume of crypto currency in circulation reduces the volume of trades, distracts attention from it and can lead to the death of such a crypto currency.
crypto1nvest

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:32:27 PM

As I know the main rule for listing is trading volume per day must be greater than 50k. For other no strict rule, you can always contact support for any concern you have about site.
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

It seems to me that everything is fine, although of course everything can be. But I do not see anything interesting. It works the way it was before. I do not notice any new bugs or errors, everything is fine.
mrkimvanan1

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

regards
I did not quite understand your question. As far as I know, Coinmarketcap adds only those coins whose trading volumes exceed $ 50,000 per day and doesn't evaluate other criteria for coins.

I agree with your point of view. Coinmarketcap is only site listing crypto. Not express any more what information. When a currency volume 50 000$ per day

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:57:36 PM

Why is their website so badly managed, and how can a new coin get listed? is this website dead?

regards
Coinmarketcap don't review projects. Their analysis s based on their name, Market Cap.. So once you have a market cap or trading volume (for new coins) within their category, they'll surely list you. If you need to verify a coin or project there, I'd advise you should consult somewhere elese.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:00:56 PM

There are always accusations against CMC, but it is a difficult task to keep track of thousands of tokens, so mistakes are understandable and I don´t think they manipulate.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:30:23 AM

You should know that websites can be paid by the project creators to list their coins on their websites. This is why I do not trust any icos websites or any websites that list coin for that matter. As for coin marketcap, their job really is to just provide you with the information from a coin like market cap, value, trading prices and such. They are not a website that tells you if a coin is good or not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: