Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in BTC or LTC?  (Read 627 times)
detroitswindle (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:22:28 PM

I can't believe that I didn't invest in BTC when the price was around $200 and I keep dreaming 'what if' I had invested at the beginning when they were pretty much free!

Do you think investing in BTC now would be a bad idea? Will the price of BTC keep on rising? or do you think it will crash back down to square one sooner rather than later?

Also, thoughts about investing in LTC now?
Krasiu

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:25:07 PM

I can't believe that I didn't invest in BTC when the price was around $200 and I keep dreaming 'what if' I had invested at the beginning when they were pretty much free!

Do you think investing in BTC now would be a bad idea? Will the price of BTC keep on rising? or do you think it will crash back down to square one sooner rather than later?

Any investment may be great and may be awful, no one can predict the future. All I can say is: buy when it's low, sell when it's high. Observe rate changes and good luck!
Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:31:25 PM

Any investment may be great and may be awful, no one can predict the future. All I can say is: buy when it's low, sell when it's high. Observe rate changes and good luck!

thats true but thats not what OP wants to know i believe, his question is more wich is the best risk to take at the moment?
I'm far from being an expert but at the moment i think both seems to have a bright future, some say 1 BTC could worth 10k in 2014, this sounds crazy but i think its possible if we refer to what hapened previously, as for the LCT i dont know might be up to 100$ this year. maybe 1k in 2014?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

LTC is too speculative for me to put much in for the long term. I have enjoyed swing trading LTC/BTC recently, though.
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:34:01 PM

Hi everyone, new here. I too feel i have left it too late, shame. I'll give it a go now Smiley

MEPH

Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:00:14 PM

LTC is too speculative for me to put much in for the long term. I have enjoyed swing trading LTC/BTC recently, though.

Well i think the BTCat 1st was very speculative and still is, when people will accept more and more LTC you might be kicking yourself, like the guy who bought 2 pizzas for 10 000 BTC 2 years ago? Smiley Seriously i dont think you can say to not invest in LTC because its too speculative at the moment if you do invest in BTC. just my 2 cents
beermonies

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:05:11 PM

We should look at long term viability of what we're putting our money in. And obviously, we should only risk money we can afford to risk. I think LTC has more potential to grow, but that's just me.

Don't remember exactly, but I put around 50-100 USD in litecoin months ago and made some interesting profit at this point, but that's because I didn't sell my LTC in panic when its price had dropped to ~1 USD per LTC. Waited for months and now it's hovering at 30-40 USD...
krubit

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:09:27 PM

I got in LTC at $16, then it jumped to $40 and I bailed. Best investment I've made.

I had purchased BTC at $140 then sold at $185 right before it went up to $900. Ended up buying back in around $640.

There seems to be a resistance in LTC at $42 and a support at $30 or so. If you see it in the low thirties it may be a good buy.
StuffSneak

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

Strive for Success

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:11:08 PM

I would suggest you to buy some LTC while price is ranging around 30 bucks. If anything, it will definitely rise in next few months as it is gaining much popularity these days and many exchange systems and websites have already started adding it. I have also seen people posting that gox is going to add it in Jan. Nothing confirmed but still my opinion.
kokett

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:17:06 PM

Why dont early adopt to a new alternate coin?

Possible gain is much higher.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:18:22 PM

Well i think the BTCat 1st was very speculative and still is, when people will accept more and more LTC you might be kicking yourself, like the guy who bought 2 pizzas for 10 000 BTC 2 years ago? Smiley Seriously i dont think you can say to not invest in LTC because its too speculative at the moment if you do invest in BTC. just my 2 cents
Maybe. I'm not concerned. My risk tolerance is low. I feel much safer with bitcoin. I am very far in profit, can't possibly lose money at this point, and am confident that bitcoin will succeed. I am happy to ride the waves on LTC, but I have no interest in forming long term buy targets.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

The only problem is you can say this about any alternative coin. And second problem, many alternative coins already died
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:31:20 PM

It's tough (for me) to get too involved with LTC because it's so speculative on what btc will do. Of course btc is also speculative and especially now a days. So, investing on LTC is like investing on some thing that is speculative of another speculative thing. That said, LTC could go to $100 per by the end of this year and if you don't have much capital, this could be a good investment.
Alvi

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:35:09 PM

Newbie here, I'm investing in BTC for now Smiley
EG0

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:51:10 PM

Newbie here, I'm investing in BTC for now Smiley

I made the "or" to an "and". :-) BTC@129USD; LTC@39USD, we'll see.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: