: We need regular statistics from Bitcoin businesses & exchanges to give users confidence in the Bitcoin economy
In the world’s financial markets, economic information is released daily by governments on a variety of fundamentals such as manufacturing, sales, job growth & unemployment, and trade balances (1). Investors and businesses use these reports to gain confidence in the future direction of the market & economy (2). Analysts produce estimates of the upcoming economic statistics, and investment is based upon them.
Producing weekly economic statistics would give our Bitcoin economy credibility and investor confidence.
I am not a trained economist and would welcome input on this from anyone who is. That said, I suggest the following statistics are volunteered by businesses & exchanges :
- Totals of receipts & expenses (in BTC and USD)
- Total quantity of orders
- Total number of accounts
- Total number of accounts with a non-zero balance
- Total number of accounts with a non-zero balance and have had no trading in 90 days
- Average account size (BTC & USD) split in to 4 bands
Please PM me if you are interested in helping
1. Yahoo US Economic Calendar http://biz.yahoo.com/c/terms/rtlsls.html
Bloomberg US Economic Calendar http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/economic-calendar/