Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox frequently not matching orders at market price - anyone know why?  (Read 1573 times)
mikeymillie (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:05:14 PM

So I am toying around with Mt Gox doing some playtrading since I can't seem to actually get their customer service to ever process my AML verification so I can move my money out of that dump*.

More than 10 times in the past few days I have observed Mt.Gox posting a "Last" transaction value that was well over ask prices, or under Bid prices I have set on booked orders.

I thought it was just a fluke for a while, but I am starting to wonder if there must be a better explanation.

To make sure this is not my imagination I booked two small orders and gave them a minute to be fully processed and posted 'open,' and then watched the last trade price ticker fluctuate down toward their prices. 

Just as I am expecting to see the orders filled, suddenly a "last" transaction is shown well below my bid prices, and my orders stayed unfilled:

the "last" price would then bounce up above my bid prices again.  Is someone actually buying well below market price and if so, how?   

* fiat friction is a serious problem with Mt Gox, and  I suspect it plays a major role in Gox's high exchange rates, and by extension to Bitcoin's valuation in general due to Gox's size and influence in the market.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:18:30 PM

Good post, I'd love to see more information regarding this

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:14:25 PM

Similar thing happened to me with two valid bid orders, am very pissed. MtGox ruined my trading position.

Here's my story

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361557.msg3869736
rdebourbon

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:03:19 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me today.. My buy order was ignored in a price dip..

My Buy Order is dated : 2014-01-25 06:28:19 @ 905.13000
Daily Low : 2014-02-04 21:00:00 @ 901.03

My Balances - unchanged
My order - still open..

WTF!?

XPM:AUwKMCYCacE6Jq1rsLcSEHSNiohHVVSiWv LTC:LV7VHT3oGWQzG9EKjvSXd3eokgNXj6ciFE BTC:1Fph7y622HJ5Cwq4bkzfeZXWep2Jyi5kp7
rdebourbon

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:03:14 PM

I had a similar thing happen to me today.. My buy order was ignored in a price dip..

My Buy Order is dated : 2014-01-25 06:28:19 @ 905.13000
Daily Low : 2014-02-04 21:00:00 @ 901.03

My Balances - unchanged
My order - still open..

WTF!?

LOL - It just dipped below buy order price again, and still the order has not been fulfilled.. What a joke!

XPM:AUwKMCYCacE6Jq1rsLcSEHSNiohHVVSiWv LTC:LV7VHT3oGWQzG9EKjvSXd3eokgNXj6ciFE BTC:1Fph7y622HJ5Cwq4bkzfeZXWep2Jyi5kp7
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:21:04 PM

The ticker thing has seemed to be inaccurate with these kind of things, what do the charts at bitcoinwisdom or bitcoinity say? Often the ticker will show a much lower low than any trade that actually went through...no idea why but it was already doing that many months ago before I stopped using them.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

The ticker at the top of the site has always been inaccurate for as long as I can remember.  I always just ignore it.  Last I heard from Gox they said it was something about multiple currencies and conversions or some other such nonsense.

If you watch the trades go by on bitcoinwisdom.com or any other real-time charting site you'll get a much better picture of what is *actually* happening.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1171
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:55:51 PM

What is the average spread in the price gap between MtGox and everybody else.. It seems to have shrunk by $50 in the short term.
rdebourbon

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:56:30 AM

The ticker thing has seemed to be inaccurate with these kind of things, what do the charts at bitcoinwisdom or bitcoinity say? Often the ticker will show a much lower low than any trade that actually went through...no idea why but it was already doing that many months ago before I stopped using them.

The charts from BitcoinWisdom show the dips below my buy order.. I learnt ages ago that the MtGox chart was useless. I messaged MtGox support about this yesterday and I see this morning my ticket is still awaiting assignment!!

I've since cancelled my buy order and will be transferring all my funds out to a *real* exchange..

What a steaming pile of ______!!!

epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:09:45 PM

The charts from BitcoinWisdom show the dips below my buy order.. I learnt ages ago that the MtGox chart was useless. I messaged MtGox support about this yesterday and I see this morning my ticket is still awaiting assignment!!

I've since cancelled my buy order and will be transferring all my funds out to a *real* exchange..

What a steaming pile of ______!!!

Really?  Not saying your wrong here, but I've done a lot of trading on Gox and I've never seen that happen.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:54:39 PM

How many months will that take? lol
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:29:07 PM

You should have done it earlier...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: