Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:17:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Crypto currencies make local currencies disappear?  (Read 1049 times)
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:28:55 AM

Competition between local currencies Vs crypto currencies are in peak now. Crypto currencies have occupied currency market causing local currencies enforce (banks) banning of crypto currencies. We can see number of investors have turned towards to bitcoin and other crypto currencies with large scale. Will there be a chance / time bitcoin and other crypto currencies rule over currency market and local currencies get disappear slowly in a decade or two?

I dont think cryptocurrency will replace local currency but if that happen, its take a long time. If cryptocurrency want to replace local currency, good internet insfrastructure should be needed and peoples should give education about cryptocurrency. Beside that, its need regulation about cryptocurrency for payment
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:10:00 AM

never, the local currency will remain eternal and continue to be used. because in addition to transactions, the local currency is a country's identity.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hibiscus

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:21:46 AM

The use of crypto currencies are widening now a days due to its positive features to the humanity. It will be better to operate both the virtual and the local currencies together .According to the present trend it will not be advisable to disappear  the local currency to replace the crypto currency because the entire global community is not in a position to handle or to operate the crypto coins Any how the use of virtual currencies are increasing day by day to supper seed the local currencies.
almaerk08

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:26:52 AM

The use of crypto currencies are widening now a days due to its positive features to the humanity. It will be better to operate both the virtual and the local currencies together .According to the present trend it will not be advisable to disappear  the local currency to replace the crypto currency because the entire global community is not in a position to handle or to operate the crypto coins Any how the use of virtual currencies are increasing day by day to supper seed the local currencies.

I dont think cryptocurrencies will ever replace the existing local or fiat currencies. Both can exist together but not that the other one will lose its value. The government would never allow such idea, because it would greatly affect each country's economy.
hongtham

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 02:40:37 AM

Currency such as the US dollar is now used for international payments, the US government is holding the international monetary market
So it is unlikely that the crypto coins will make the currency disappear

GOLD Stablecoin https://gold.storage/
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:07:37 AM

Competition between local currencies Vs crypto currencies are in peak now. Crypto currencies have occupied currency market causing local currencies enforce (banks) banning of crypto currencies. We can see number of investors have turned towards to bitcoin and other crypto currencies with large scale. Will there be a chance / time bitcoin and other crypto currencies rule over currency market and local currencies get disappear slowly in a decade or two?

Local currencies will not disappear because the role of the Crypto currencies specially Bitcoin is pure for investments only to earn more local currencies which is the reality. Just imagine if the dollar or the other local currencies won't accept Crypto currencies for investment do you think the Crypto will continue to exist? It is clearly that without the local currencies the Crypto currencies will be nothing.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:46:15 PM

Cryptocurrencies will definitely gain a space as a major player in fund transfer industry in the coming decades but it won't replace the traditional fiat currencies because one should have literacy in terms of technology, electricity in order to run the devices and internet connectivity. On a global level, we don't have 100% availability of these aspects in most of the countries and hence people will always prefer to use the fiat currency irrespective of the benefit getting through cryptocurrencies. On the top of that governments will definitely try to implement blockchain technology for fiat currencies through banks and thus it won't vanish overnight.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:11:18 PM

I dont think cryptocurrencies will ever replace the existing local or fiat currencies. Both can exist together but not that the other one will lose its value. The government would never allow such idea, because it would greatly affect each country's economy.
Yes i agree.Bitcoin may continue to increase its value and even adopted in the future,but it will never compete with fiat or local currencies because for sure the government will not allow that to happen.People are used already with their fiat currencies and honestly,there are still few people in the world who have known bitcoin's potentials and how it works for us.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:19:42 PM

I think personally that we (small business owners) will be forced to adapt someway to that, recieving payments in bitcoin or what.
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:39:17 PM

It is very difficult anyway for cryptocurrency to replace the local currency. Moreover, if cryptocurrency has different functions and functions of local currency. Then local currency seems easier to use and owned by people than crypto who must always connect internet connection.
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:47:51 PM

Maybe someday, but I think it would happen not so soon, that we expect it! Because just imagine what would it take to change whole world

sandisunny

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:01:16 PM

well i dont think so, considering the economically active poor, not many people are cryptocurrency inclined and besides cryptocurrency is posing a big threat to the banking sector, so they might not want to allow that.
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

In my opinion cryptocurrency will not take over fiat currency because it seems to me that cryptocurrencies are now considered as an investment asset but not as a currency.
If it ever happens then it won't happen anytime soon, maybe after 50 years from now. But it has a very slim chance because governments won't let it happen easily.
Exactly, cryptocurrency is accepted as an currency in a very small area that is some countries which is supporting. Most of us both know that bitcoin is rare to accept, even almost governments ban people from using bitcoin in their country even more. That action prevent the development of bitcoin a lot. Especially, till now people are still in tendency of using fiat ( traditional money) to do transaction or exchange more than using crypto. In short, I don’t know whether bitcoin can replace local currency or not , but it is still extremely hard to happen.

justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:05:00 PM

In my own opinion cryptocurrencies can't make local currencies disappear because they are different. Crypto is digital while local currency is tangible and it is use daily for buying,payments and everyday transactions. Another thing that it can't disappear local currency because local currency is centralized currency issued by the government while cryptocurrency is decentralized.
The centralization aspect alone is one thing that the governments if any country cannot easily just give up. Therefore, it is far beyond imagination to think cryptocurrency will ever take the place of local currencies.

Apart from that, globally, there are so many people and places where they find it hard to even blend with anything related to the internet or probably have low facilities when it comes to that, in that case, we should expect that this category of people will prefer to stick to what they have over the time gotten used to.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
keninu

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:36:10 PM

I do not think so, between Cryptocurrency money and Conventional Money is different. although both can be made transactions, but Conventional Money has a physical form, and Money Crypto in the form of Digital. and only modern people with vast knowledge who understand and can wear them. whereas traditional people I believe would prefer to use conventional money.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:38:49 PM

Maybe someday, but I think it would happen not so soon, that we expect it! Because just imagine what would it take to change whole world
In terms of local currencies going extinct, i do believe if cryptocurrencies are going to make it go away then it's going to be that's been created by the various countries in the world. The likes of Bitcoins will not have a chance against a government backed crypto.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:51:24 PM

In my own opinion cryptocurrencies can't make local currencies disappear because they are different. Crypto is digital while local currency is tangible and it is use daily for buying,payments and everyday transactions. Another thing that it can't disappear local currency because local currency is centralized currency issued by the government while cryptocurrency is decentralized.
The centralization aspect alone is one thing that the governments if any country cannot easily just give up. Therefore, it is far beyond imagination to think cryptocurrency will ever take the place of local currencies.

Apart from that, globally, there are so many people and places where they find it hard to even blend with anything related to the internet or probably have low facilities when it comes to that, in that case, we should expect that this category of people will prefer to stick to what they have over the time gotten used to.
Fiat has been in the industry for a longer period of time and used as trading, investment, and any forms of exchange. On the other hand, cryptocurrency is beneficial and profitable if managed properly, however it's economy is still developing but I don't think it will hinder of bringing any success in the future. Speaking of local currencies, I don't believe that it will become void. Crypto is literally not a big threat because only few people and organization know and recognize it, and so I still believe that the nullity of fiat currency is not likely to happen any time soon.
pheonyx

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:42:36 PM

Cryptos are on the way to make that possible but I believe the local currency will just be modernize into local cryptos copying the decentralized crypto currency.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

Well to me I don't think cryptocurrencies will completely eliminate the Fiat. Cryptos also have popularity because of its competition against the Fiat. Let's say, if there is no fiat to compare (or more specifically of there is no competition), how will you gain popularity? Who will you be compared to? So I think Fiat will be around but Cryptos will be the major form of utilized currency because the world itself is turning digital.
Semaj123

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:00:57 PM

Well to me I don't think cryptocurrencies will completely eliminate the Fiat. Cryptos also have popularity because of its competition against the Fiat. Let's say, if there is no fiat to compare (or more specifically of there is no competition), how will you gain popularity? Who will you be compared to? So I think Fiat will be around but Cryptos will be the major form of utilized currency because the world itself is turning digital.

So it means that fiat will not disappear and will always be present even though our world keeps evolving especially our technology. Cryptos may have so many advantages compared to fiat but this doesn't mean that it's a threat. Let's just say that it's a great pleasure that there is another form of currency that will help the nation to be more highly advanced in terms of paying goods and services.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: