Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyBitcoin & Bitcoin2cc Problems  (Read 3543 times)
thevoid (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 03:12:03 PM

Hello,

I have some problems.

1. Yesterday I transfered a small amount of BTC to my MyBitcoin account. The coins didn't appear yet. The address is correct. What's the problem?

2. Today I wanted to try out bitcoin2cc.com and transfered an amount of BTC to the temporary bitcoin address. Although there a more than 40 confirmations for this transaction, bitcoin2cc cannot "locate" my transaction and remains in "Please wait!" mode. Why?

Thank you in advance!
thevoid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ramapithecus

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 04:39:11 PM

Hello,

I have some problems.

1. Yesterday I transfered a small amount of BTC to my MyBitcoin account. The coins didn't appear yet. The address is correct. What's the problem?

Did you check again after several transactions?  I've never had a problem.
2. Today I wanted to try out bitcoin2cc.com and transfered an amount of BTC to the temporary bitcoin address. Although there a more than 40 confirmations for this transaction, bitcoin2cc cannot "locate" my transaction and remains in "Please wait!" mode. Why?

Thank you in advance!
thevoid

Can't speak from personal experience on bitcoin2cc.com but...

Did you try http://blockexplorer.com/ to verify both?

That's where I'd start.

Good luck.

Ram

thevoid (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 07:15:29 PM

Hello Ram,

I checked out the transactions via the blockexplorer. Both transactions appear to be correct, but:

1. BTC sent to my MyBitcoin account were sent to another address later (so it appears to me). Don't know the receiver address and what this means. Never did another transaction. Did the owners of MyBitcoin do this?

2. Although the transaction for the bitcoin2cc temporary address was correct, I cannot receive credit card information. What can I do now?

It's a shame!

Did anyone had bad experiences with MyBitcoin?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 18, 2011, 07:42:53 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2011, 11:00:04 PM by sgornick

1. BTC sent to my MyBitcoin account were sent to another address later (so it appears to me).

Did the owners of MyBitcoin do this?

The address is not "your" address it is an address in "MyBitcoin.com's" wallet that they use to track bitcoins received and they then [normally will] credit your account accordingly, after one block.

Those bitcoins received on that address are then spent during normal transaction activity within MyBitcoin -- regardless if you had any subsequent transactions to your account after the bitcoins were received.

A related post with some additional info.
  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753.0

[Edit]: I am going doing a test with an account on MyBitcoin.com

I just sent 0.01 BTC to 1CErUzvjoH8g2ripgofw7PHMLo6aCDonW3 which is an address I just generated for an account on MyBitcoin.com.  
At the time I sent it, the latest block was 108,991.  I will update status when we are at block 108,992.
  http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CErUzvjoH8g2ripgofw7PHMLo6aCDonW3

I'll confirm that after nine blocks confirmed, my transaction does not yet appear in the MyBitcoin account's balance.  Withdrawals appear to be functioning fine yet.

[Update 2]: Appears that the problems with receiving credit for deposited BTCs at MyBitcoin have since been resolved.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

tedstein

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 06:18:49 AM

thevoid, did this end up working out?

I have used mybitcoin.com without any problems but I can't speak for Bitcoin2cc.

Would love to hear that everything worked out...
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 07:14:11 AM

Well, I can speak for Bitcoin2CC because I operate it. Smiley

I had 3 broken transactions due to mybitcoin's sci being choked up for ~24h. Once the problem was remedied I saw 3 posts to my SCI Receipt URL so the transaction data and payments were NOT lost. I have all of the data/BTC.

So far 2 people have emailed me and I've gotten them their card data. Still waiting for the final mystery guest to send me an email to collect their prize. Of course there will be a few skill testing questions. Smiley

Cheers!
The Madhatter
thevoid (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2011, 09:48:05 AM

Now I'm glad again.

1. My BTCs @ MyBitcoin showed up.

2. Because I saved the specific link, I could receive the credit card information. Let's hope it's working. Wink

Thank you for your effort.
Hopefully this has nothing to do with forcing this actions via the forum. Smiley

Sincerely
thevoid

P.S. I like your services, The Madhatter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: