Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:44:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie restrictions..  (Read 3664 times)
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:28:54 PM

Me too, pretty boring to have to wait !

I din't get the 5 posts thing until an hour ago, last night I freaked out looking for a "reply" button, and missed coins giveaways opportunities !
terahasher

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:33:59 PM

wow! At least everyone's position here is "newbie".  I've been "brand new" for a while.  I finally found this newbee forum and realized they have all these restrictions!  I wish they told us this when we first registered.  I thought it was a time limit or a moderater had to give you the ok after a day or two.  Man, I registered 4 days ago!
shadowpuppet

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:37:11 PM

Should have signed up a long time ago. Been lurking for awhile, never bothered to sign up. Figured I'd sign up now and get this waiting period out of the way before I "need" to be able to post elsewhere.
psw

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:54:18 PM

Hmm, I've optimized scrypt OpenCL code and I'd like to share it, but I can't Wink Let's wait a bit.
terahasher

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:57:43 PM

Should have signed up a long time ago. Been lurking for awhile, never bothered to sign up. Figured I'd sign up now and get this waiting period out of the way before I "need" to be able to post elsewhere.

How long exactly is the waiting period?  Someone mentioned 5 posts required in order to get the higher status.  I'm not even a newbie yet!  I'm still brand new and I registered my account several days ago! grrr.
freakface

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:59:34 PM

been lurking these forums for 2 yrs now im branded as a newbie, this is just insulting. jk
terahasher

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:04:32 PM

How long exactly is the waiting period?  Someone mentioned 5 posts required in order to get the higher status.  I'm not even a newbie yet!  I'm still brand new and I registered my account several days ago! grrr.

Wooohooo!  UPDATE:  I'm officially a newbie : )

I think 2 posts will make you a newbie.  I've officially graduated from being "brand new".  One day....I'll be a "member"   Roll Eyes
jchi18

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:06:09 PM

I just learned about this restriction.  So frustrating.
speedtrader

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:07:31 PM

hello? thanks for admin because give me opportunity to join here.  Smiley
navyking

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:09:10 PM

I registered just for the DOGE, my doge is moon reaching many thanx for the bones.
speedtrader

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:52:28 AM

I just learned about this restriction.  So frustrating.

hehehe... first time, I same like you. but this restriction maybe better.
straximus

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:34:06 AM

I signed up to PM a specific member who runs a pool.  Can't contact them through the pool's site because the support form does not work.  I need to get at the transaction ID I used to send funds to Coins-E, as the funds didn't show up in my account there.  Next time I'll send to a wallet first, just in case.  Smiley

So, now I'll wait a few hours so that I can PM.
rex_kramer

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:41:17 AM

did you guys figure it out yet is it 5 posts or 4 hrs?
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:49:02 AM

Here is my first post... and so there is something meaningful:

I followed bitcoin from the early days, and did a little mining in 2011.  Unfortunately due to financial constraints (family and student loans) I did not keep my coins.   Roll Eyes

So now I am starting over again, buying in tranches with average price of $850.  But no worries, I am confident bitcoin will reach $10,000+ someday. 

But more importantly, I am a believer in bitcoin.  I see the potential to revolutionize the world.

In the meantime, it is making my life, and life of my friends who are also expats, much easier.

I live in China, and moving changing money from $USD <-> China Yuan (RMB) is always costly nuisance, as is wire transfering money to my US bank with high fees!  Bitcoin makes this so much easier, and I can actually make a profit with each transaction (provided the price stays > 850).

As I need RMB, I sell some bitcoin on btcchina, and also benefit from the arbitrage spread -- price difference between BTC on coinbase in USD and RMB on btcchina.  The difference is narrowing but still there -- often 10%+.

It turns out foreigners can open accounts on btcchina, providing their passport #.  However you can only exchange BTC for RMB, meaning you must have a bank account in China... not difficult to do if you live here, or even visit for some period of time.

With each transaction I try to buy a little more than I sell, of course trying to time "buy low, sell high" as possible.  My goal is to accumulate > 10 coins in the next 3 to 6 months.

Best wishes to all of you, good luck, and may the BitCoin force be with you!   Smiley

terahasher

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:07:16 AM

did you guys figure it out yet is it 5 posts or 4 hrs?

I went from "Brand New" to "Newbie" after 2 posts.  Then I went from "Newbie" to "Jr. Member" at 4 posts.  Don't know about the 4 hour limit as I've been on here much longer than that; although under Total Time logged in: 2 hours & 56 minutes!

Hmmm, so there may be something about the 4 hour limit.
darkstaticfire

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:09:15 AM

Pretty strict requirements Sad
Tozvae2

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:26:44 AM

This is pretty annoying!!
the1truedan

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:53:51 AM

I am hopeful my reply in this chain will be sufficient for allowing me to post.

I love this site, and I am intrigued by Bitcoin.

I've been mining with 333 Block Eruptors for about a month, but sold them off during the rush.

I'm looking to get a TH/s miner after the new year, and really help the Bitcoin revolution!

Thanks,
the1truedan
praeluceo

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:56:13 AM

Still waiting for my approval, phooey! I ordered 2 asicminer cubes and have some questions I would like to ask before they arrive!
mezzie

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

Hello im new..haha!!

Ive been on the forum for 2.5 hrs now read what i was supposed to Smiley This is a very informative forum.. Thank you!

Im having a problem with Bitcoin QT v0.8.6, im running win 7.  I downloaded and started using it around 48hrs ago.  I got to 76 weeks behind.. woo hoo!  I closed the program down and restarted it the next day and it went back to 257 weeks behind Sad  bugger!! - 10 hrs later it hasnt moved.
I have no idea why
I had read something about "microsoft security" thingie but it didnt apply to me.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers
mezzie

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: