Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 07:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-coin relation to BTC ?  (Read 566 times)
Kiah07 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:59:41 AM

Hello community.

Recently I started mining highest value alt-coins with hashcowz.  The pool can auto trade alt-coin to BTC for you.  My question isn't about pools though, but about trade value.

If I'm trading LTC for BTC and then BTC drops value, is my LTC worth more BTC?
OR
If I'm trading LTC for BTC and then BTC drops value, does LTC somewhat proportionally drop value?

My introduction to the community:

I started mining about 6 months ago.  I did the BFL jally thing and went through all pyschological stages up to acceptance, lol.  Now I'm trying to see what else there is besides simple mining and trying to get into trading with small initial funds and a few decent devices.  I would also love to be able to reply in other sections mods/admins  Wink
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:04:23 PM

Hello community.

Recently I started mining highest value alt-coins with hashcowz.  The pool can auto trade alt-coin to BTC for you.  My question isn't about pools though, but about trade value.

OR
If I'm trading LTC for BTC and then BTC drops value, does LTC somewhat proportionally drop value?

I started mining about 6 months ago.  I did the BFL jally thing and went through all pyschological stages up to acceptance, lol.  Now I'm trying to see what else there is besides simple mining and trying to get into trading with small initial funds and a few decent devices.  I would also love to be able to reply in other sections mods/admins  Wink

The entire Altcoin market valuation is based on BTC valuation. However, at any time some coins go up and down with respect to BTC.
So, if Bitcoin goes down Litecoin will go down as well, unless there is a huge buy interest in litecoin that compensates for it.
macher

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:41:57 PM

the major exchanges are between btc/usr/eur... other are between altcoins. so everybody changes their coins ALTCOIN to BTC and then to MONEY. so value is always between ration of BTC.

the situation willl be change after big players adds primary connection ALTCOIN to MONEY (mtgox and LTC for example)

if you look to btc-e -> there is possibility to change ltc to usd... but withraw is not very excelent. so people change ltc to btc, then send btc to bitstamp and then withdraw. and that hold the ratio of altcoin do btc.
quicklynx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:46:19 PM

Hello community.

Recently I started mining highest value alt-coins with hashcowz.  The pool can auto trade alt-coin to BTC for you.  My question isn't about pools though, but about trade value.

OR

I started mining about 6 months ago.  I did the BFL jally thing and went through all pyschological stages up to acceptance, lol.  Now I'm trying to see what else there is besides simple mining and trying to get into trading with small initial funds and a few decent devices.  I would also love to be able to reply in other sections mods/admins  Wink

The entire Altcoin market valuation is based on BTC valuation. However, at any time some coins go up and down with respect to BTC.
So, if Bitcoin goes down Litecoin will go down as well, unless there is a huge buy interest in litecoin that compensates for it.

Litecoin, although not much, has grown much stronger towards BTC over the past couple of months and even in comparison to the recent spike. Litecoin, in terms of percentage, grew stronger and higher in the spike than BTC did. It wasn't much more but it did.

The cryptonomics are pretty neat. I think the popularity of LTC will grow stronger towards BTC over time because BTC is starting to get out of reach from non heavy investors. LTC may eventually be like that, but for the near future, people ditched their cards from BTC to LTC where they became more useful. ASICs may take over scrypt eventually, but for now LTC seems to be growing fast.

i do agree that the popularity of BTC will fluctuate the rest of the coins, but it shouldn't halt a slightly quicker growth of them.
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:47:51 PM

Hello community.

OR

+1 This is a very cut and dry and simple explanation of the current crypto market.
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:58:26 AM

I saw a video on youtube that was talking about a new breed of Altcoins coins like we have never seen before.

Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:01:20 AM

There will be many new alt-coins in the future.

I'm sure many will be very unique and take some credit and value.

However, BTC will always be the original.

Those alt-coins will stay as just next generations of the original.
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:34:46 AM

There will be many new alt-coins in the future.

I'm sure many will be very unique and take some credit and value.

However, BTC will always be the original.

Those alt-coins will stay as just next generations of the original.

The video I saw said that in the future the coins won't be competing They will be helpful to each other.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: