Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs help getting started  (Read 412 times)
UnilateralPhase (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:18:50 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 01:44:52 AM by UnilateralPhase

I started mining 2 days ago with GUI Miner (it says I’m mining at 47 Mhash/s but I don’t seem to be getting any credit for it. My wallet hasn’t received a thing, and all the statistics in my account still say “0”. I’ve double and triple checked the address and the password. Being totally green at this, I don’t know what to do at this point. Can somebody lend some advice please?
yetisalmon

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:26:48 AM

Mining at 50 MH/S for the next month, if you are mining 24 hours per day, will yield you 0.001 BTC.
With the current difficulty, mining is not what it used to be.  Use a BTC calculator to see what I mean.....

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

-sorry man :/
UnilateralPhase (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:43:31 AM

Thanks for the link. Ya, hardly seems worth it. But for right now that's ok until I get my feet wet.

I think I'm one of those miners that experienced people refer to as a casual miner. I'll only be mining while I'm already doing something else on the computer so it's not really costing me anything.

I think I just found out what my problem was. There was an empty space after the worker name. My account statistics are starting to come to life.
Import

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:51:08 AM

You better forget mining with a gpu, because the new generation miners with 3000GH/s will cause the difficaulty explode.

If you really want to mine, you have to invest
xSerendipity

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:01:33 AM

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1612/can-i-damage-my-computer-by-mining-bitcoin

You may want to read this before considering mining. Without a significant hash rate, mining may simple do more harm than good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: