Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:32:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wallet backup  (Read 346 times)
atlam (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:13:07 AM

Hi All..I am as new as they come here. I backed up my lite coin wallet and also the program on a usb stick..I reinstalled on a new computer but am unable to have it recognize the back up wallet data! Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks
theaftermath

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:20:21 AM

make sure litecoin is not running.

Copy the litecoin wallet file to the litecoin folder in appdata on the new computer. Make sure to replace the one that was already there using the same name.

Finally restart the litecoin client and it should load the old wallet and display your litecoin balance.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
oolly

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:28:46 AM

Hi All..I am as new as they come here. I backed up my lite coin wallet and also the program on a usb stick..I reinstalled on a new computer but am unable to have it recognize the back up wallet data! Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks

Close the wallet completely.
Copy and paste the wallet file to your USB, and it is good to go.
atlam (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:33:10 AM

Copy the litecoin wallet file to the litecoin folder in appdata on the new computer. Make sure to replace the one that was already there using the same name.

Finally restart the litecoin client and it should load the old wallet and display your litecoin balance.

Thanks for the replies... But where is the appdata directory? I do not see it. Also what is the file name I should be replacing?
Posho

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:50:52 AM

Thanks for the replies... But where is the appdata directory? I do not see it. Also what is the file name I should be replacing?

Are you using the offical wallet? On what operating system?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: