Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to choose?  (Read 230 times)
Kopceak_MD (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:46:04 PM

Hello everyone, advise the newcomer in the mining of crypto-currency, what kind of mining should be chosen: cloudy or ordinary?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stefan2208

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:10:42 PM

I am for ordinary, you have hw that you can sell if you want to stop mining. I prefer nvidia gpus because they can mine many algos. Or you can try new asics for equihash.
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

IMO, building your own GPU rig you have lower risk, because is the worst case, you have a GPU that can be sold as pc parts for gaming or another poupose.

ASIC is good, but there is no other use for it. If some bad thing happens, like algo changing, you have the most expensive brick in your hands

Cloud mining is very risky, a lot of people lose their money.
A lot of scams in the cloud mining, some of them isn't scam today, but can be in the future.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:07:55 PM

I have tried cloud mining once, and to be honest I didn't like it. I have gained my invested money back true cloud mining, but after paying transaction fees to withdraw money from cloud mining site, I had lower amount that that which I invested in the first place. So my advice to you is to stay away from cloud mining. Not to mention that there are a lot of scam sites which will take your money and give nothing in return.
But I guess you can find some with good reputation and give it a go, try and see for your self.

Building your own mining rig can pay out well, but be prepared to invest a lot of money. Also, maybe now is not the best time for investing into mining, but I guess that risk is always present when it comes to mining. Overall, building your own mining rig is definitely better than cloud mining. At least that is my opinion.
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:26:01 PM

With great care, use cloud mining, a lot of the projects I've seen have turned out to be scams.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:15:46 PM

Hello everyone, advise the newcomer in the mining of crypto-currency, what kind of mining should be chosen: cloudy or ordinary?

Cloud mining really shit way to start with. If you want to invest your fund for contract first that site should be legit. Even it legit misellenous charges should not be consumed like this. If you get all this trouble, ROI will come to your hand after few years.

If you go with the mining cards you can get the better profit in day basis. If you mining coins on Nicehash for various algorithm you can get the payment in bitcoin itself. Please prefer with your own thought and invest on it. I suggest you mine with GPU first and then you can swap to ASIC.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

For a new comer in mining, do the ordinary/normal thing

If you already gain your confidence in doing maths, risk and controls then you may look at the cloud

just look only  Cheesy and calculate, then simulate

you will soon realized, better go back to the ordinary thing Wink
RoboBee

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:22:42 PM

You will have a lot of problems with cloud mining, choose the ordinary
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2005

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

Funny question. Of course mining on video cards or ASICs. Cloud mining can upset you at any time. I am engaged in mining on video cards and did not even think to engage in cloud mining.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
PRC_May

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:39:00 AM

cloud mining not good ... big cloud mining go scammed .. i lose my money at HashOcean

the best you buy GPUS .. it is low risk if the mining stop you can sell it or play game
so buildi your own mining rig is definitely better than cloud mining

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:47:38 AM

Only ordinary mining.
Most cloud mining is scam projects with ponzi scheme.
Think yourself why asic owners want divide with you incomes when he can mine himself

Manyak

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:35:19 PM

I choose ordinary coz it is use by many miners and they prove it that ordinary is the best mining . try it and you will know if it is the best for you
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:15:25 PM

For a starter and a believer Smiley I prefer to chose ordinary since I believe that its worth learning for and begin to improve one self to any chances whether you have lose something in terms of monetary specifics. Well, cloudy means by getting higher chance of winning but higher also the chances of getting scam by outrageous sellers or miners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: