Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:34:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAMMER] dominicwin  (Read 2187 times)
DrQwe (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:50:53 AM

What happened:

dominicwin was offering gold coins at a 10% discount for Black Friday. We agreed on a price, he said he would ship them with tracking and ship them the same day. I bought 4 and sent my btc the same day. He confirmed receipt of the btc and said he shipped the coins the next day. He said they would arrive Wednesday. When asked for a tracking number, he stopped replying to PMs. Later he said he shipped it without tracking but they should arrive on Wednesday. Today is Thursday and they still have not arrived. He claims they are hung up in customs and that other people have received their coins. Unfortunately without a tracking number there is no way to verify that they were ever sent. No coins, no tracking number, I got scammed. Such is life.

Scammers Profile Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=151580

Reference Link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0

Amount Scammed:

Payment Method:

btc

Proof of Payment:

https://blockchain.info/address/1CGZ9D37Cho3ujjCy2fSCgTG78uKjyHMK8

PM/Chat Logs:

He admitted in public to shipping them without tracking here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.msg3841030#msg3841030

I will make the PMs available if people really want them.

Additional Notes:

There is a chance these coins will still show up. If they do I will remove this accusation.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:03:06 AM

As said previously they should arrive this week barring any custom delays which are completely out of my control. Thank you though to all my previous customers who have always been patient throughout the entire transaction they have done with me. 4 business days in my opinion is a complete lack of any sort of patience for an international parcel.

Thanks to Goat for his fraudulent feedback on my profile, seems to be freaking everyone out when I have completed many trades successfully for months.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
DrQwe (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:27:51 AM

I'll gladly remove this and my negative trust rating if they arrive. Until they do, other users should be wary.

You could have avoided this by shipping them with tracking like you said you would. How about a receipt for the shipping that shows my address? Some form of proof that you actually shipped them would go a long way towards straightening this out. Until then, Goat had the right read on you.
dominicwin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:29:38 AM

I'll gladly remove this and my negative trust rating if they arrive. Until they do, other users should be wary.

You could have avoided this by shipping them with tracking like you said you would. How about a receipt for the shipping that shows my address? Some form of proof that you actually shipped them would go a long way towards straightening this out. Until then, Goat had the right read on you.

Well just glad from day one people weren't crazy about tracking numbers.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
DrQwe (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:40:39 AM

I wish I'd have been "crazy" about escrow from day one.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:41:21 PM

As said previously they should arrive this week barring any custom delays which are completely out of my control. Thank you though to all my previous customers who have always been patient throughout the entire transaction they have done with me. 4 business days in my opinion is a complete lack of any sort of patience for an international parcel.

Thanks to Goat for his fraudulent feedback on my profile, seems to be freaking everyone out when I have completed many trades successfully for months.

how was the package shipped via usps? what service of usps and can you provide him a receipt showing how and when it was shipped? maybe that will clear up some confusion
DrQwe (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

I did not expect it to arrive in a week.

I expected it to arrive on the day he told me it would arrive, which is now 48 hours in the past. I waited 24 hours after the day he told me it would arrive to put this up and even then only after two other complaints about him were made public. One of those accusations he paid off to resolve.

I expected a tracking number or some way to verify there really was a package and that there really was a delay to the original date he gave me. By not providing a tracking number like we agreed, dominicwin has already not held up his side of the deal.

For someone who has, up until I receive the package, graciously donated over $4k to dominicwin, I feel I have been quite patient.

I can prove I sent him the BTC; the burden to prove he isn't a scammer now lies with him.

Like I said, I hope it shows up and if it does I will happily remove this accusation.
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:14:50 PM

I did not expect it to arrive in a week.

I expected it to arrive on the day he told me it would arrive, which is now 48 hours in the past. I waited 24 hours after the day he told me it would arrive to put this up and even then only after two other complaints about him were made public. One of those accusations he paid off to resolve.

I expected a tracking number or some way to verify there really was a package and that there really was a delay to the original date he gave me. By not providing a tracking number like we agreed, dominicwin has already not held up his side of the deal.

For someone who has, up until I receive the package, graciously donated over $4k to dominicwin, I feel I have been quite patient.

I can prove I sent him the BTC; the burden to prove he isn't a scammer now lies with him.

Like I said, I hope it shows up and if it does I will happily remove this accusation.

i dont think you are acting overly paranoid this was a very large amount of money i would want some type of verification as well
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:41:53 PM

True, it's a high-stakes matter, and he seems to have goofed up the parcel tracking. But it's surprising to see such an accusation levied when not even 3 weeks have passed. Best wishes getting this resolved.

how long is he supposed to wait? i don't think hes asked for anything out of the ordinary
Peezr

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:33:35 AM

True, it's a high-stakes matter, and he seems to have goofed up the parcel tracking. But it's surprising to see such an accusation levied when not even 3 weeks have passed. Best wishes getting this resolved.

how long is he supposed to wait? i don't think hes asked for anything out of the ordinary
I want to be the first to say its weird that the forum has all these hackings going on. Secondly.. please check him. I wanted to trade with him a week ago and said if I wanted to deal fast.. i don't need escrow.. I'm sorry my otc and localbitcoins feedback is way greater than his and i insisted on me paying for ANY escrow. I think its bullshit that he decides hes good enough for escrow.
alexout

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

Just want to add that I sent dominicwin 5 bitcoins first for international bank wire and everything went smoothly even tho I sent first.

Would trade again.

A+ seller and reliable.

I think OP just got unlucky. Calling him a scammer is a bit over the top if there are delivery issues.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:23:58 AM

Just want to add that I sent dominicwin 5 bitcoins first for international bank wire and everything went smoothly even tho I sent first.

Would trade again.

A+ seller and reliable.

I think OP just got unlucky. Calling him a scammer is a bit over the top if there are delivery issues.
Holy shit you're stupid.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:59:08 PM

I wish I'd have been "crazy" about escrow from day one.

any word from the seller?
DrQwe (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:08:55 PM

Still no coins. Still have hope they show up as he has been getting positive feedback from other users but it is fading fast.
uhnonamiss

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:33:38 AM

Still no coins. Still have hope they show up as he has been getting positive feedback from other users but it is fading fast.

same boat.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

He did seem really fishy from the start. Right out the gate he was trying to work deals which is one telltale sign of a scammer.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:48:31 PM

He did seem really fishy from the start. Right out the gate he was trying to work deals which is one telltale sign of a scammer.

he had an advertisement for airline miles at a discount so i messaged him about booking me and my wife business class tickets and paying in btc with his miles he refused to use escrow  then he said i could pay half upfront then the other half later of course all telltale signs of scamming but i had no evidence on him so i just decided to follow his posts i figured he would scam someone sooner or later
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:05:36 AM

he had an advertisement for airline miles at a discount so i messaged him about booking me and my wife business class tickets and paying in btc with his miles he refused to use escrow  then he said i could pay half upfront then the other half later of course all telltale signs of scamming but i had no evidence on him so i just decided to follow his posts i figured he would scam someone sooner or later

I too was suspicious of the guy:

1) Deals too good to be true (selling gold coins at spot & valued your BTC @ MtGox rate + 5%)
2) Refusal to use escrow
3) Claimed to have a bunch of satisfied customers, but no one in his threads saying, "I did business with him and he is honest."

Really, Goat did the right thing by dinging him with the forum's trust rating, even though they hadn't ever made a deal together. If Tomatocage, realstone, or I had also rated him, maybe he would not have been able to scam the people that he did.

The problem is that if I had left negative feedback on his profile, he would have retaliated with negative vs. me, and I don't have any feedback currently. So I have a real disincentive to making my concerns public.

I really think the OTC and forum trust ratings could be a lot more useful, if more people did what Goat did and negatively rate people based on circumstantial evidence.
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:20:15 AM

Can't comment on the other services he provides but I bought some Cigars from him and they arrived in the end.

Shipping was very very slow (Took 5 weeks US to UK) and he did not use a registered delivery service.

Just a little advice to him - If you cannot prove that you shipped the goods and cannot prove that they have been received and signed for then the delivery may as well not have happened.

Sending ounces of Gold internationally without paying for insurance and trackable delivery is just irresponsible.

Would use again though but only if he allowed an escrow service and fully registered shipping with insurance.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:15:41 PM

Why doesn't dominicwin have a scammer tag?

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: