Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 06:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baidu no longer accepts bitcoin  (Read 3531 times)
esse83 (OP)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:05:09 PM

http://jiasule.baidu.com/news/52a18454bf9efd290bfdcc69/

Seems they are out of the bitcoin game for now (and China Telecom is out aswell it seems).

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:07:54 PM

Very interesting. This will have negative implications on the bitcoin ecosystem BUT, rest assured, the weak ones are being shaken.

For the rest of us, $1 BTC is fine. Or even litecoin, but I don't see it gaining that much traction to be recognized and accepted.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
esse83 (OP)

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:08:49 PM

Also this from reddit..

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s8fc7/why_we_chinese_cant_pay_via_bitcoin/

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
Mirsad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:10:34 PM

Very interesting. This will have negative implications on the bitcoin ecosystem BUT, rest assured, the weak ones are being shaken.

For the rest of us, $1 BTC is fine. Or even litecoin, but I don't see it gaining that much traction to be recognized and accepted.

1$ BTC is only good for the ones who paid less.
All others paid the top of the pyramide and lose money.

And I think you bought over 500$. That's a factor 500!

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

Wrong! didn't bought.

And you keep thinking of speculation, while I was talking about payment methods and all

thecomputerscientist

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:19:46 PM

Well, but we have extremely positive news from Wall Street, so it will balance out quite nicely.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:27:04 PM

This is very telling on the true nature of the news yesterday. I get people trying to downplay it but this could get real ugly.  Locking in profits may not be a bad idea.  Just saying.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
lucas.sev

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:28:39 PM

Current price level seems very feeble but I suppose this does not have the power of a bloomberg tweet.
accord01

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:30:05 PM

Well, but we have extremely positive news from Wall Street, so it will balance out quite nicely.

Problem with wall street is that they love bubbles, and love to gamble, so of course they're going to love bitcoin.
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:31:25 PM

Just when bitcoin was about to hit the atmosphere on the way to Da moon, china hacked the navigation system in the thing and now it can't find  moon

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:36:10 PM

Just when bitcoin was about to hit the atmosphere on the way to Da moon, china hacked the navigation system in the thing and now it can't find  moon

You will see that bitcoin is tough, is the tank of economy. It will survive. Actually, I'd be very surprised if we will enter a bear market from now.

SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:50:16 PM

You will see that bitcoin is tough, is the tank of economy. It will survive. Actually, I'd be very surprised if we will enter a bear market from now.
you saying from now on until the end of time, btc will never enter a bear market again?? i order some of what you're taking bud Cheesy

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
thecomputerscientist

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:50:26 PM

Agreed. Let's balance the negative news from PBoC with this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/david-woo-on-bitcoin-2013-12

and this:

http://www.coindesk.com/zipzap-offer-cash-bitcoin-service-28000-uk-locations/

and this:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-price-reach-98500-say-wall-street-analysts/
lucas.sev

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:52:28 PM

and this:

and this:

Two of those is some guys expressing their opinion while zipzap is a news thats recurring since June. Counter that with the cold reality of Bitcoin being banned for transactions in China.
thecomputerscientist

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:56:50 PM

and this:

and this:

Two of those is some guys expressing their opinion while zipzap is a news thats recurring since June. Counter that with the cold reality of Bitcoin being banned for transactions in China.

So David Woo is "some guy"? Are you serious? I think it is not to far away when Wall Street will pump money into the Bitcoin exchanges; it will balance the negative impact from PBoC.
lucas.sev

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:58:09 PM

and this:

and this:

So David Woo is "some guy"? Are you serious? I think it is not to far away when Wall Street will pump money into the Bitcoin exchanges; it will balance the negative impact from PBoC.

I'm just contrasting opinions on whats 'going to' happen to stuff that HAS happened.
thecomputerscientist

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:08:08 PM

and this:

and this:

I'm just contrasting opinions on whats 'going to' happen to stuff that HAS happened.

So am I. When David Woo talks (happened after PBoC event) Wall Street listens, and they'll get into the game. Meanwhile, more and more merchants are accepting Bitcoin (but not in China of course). The game has shifted from Asia to West. The space race continues.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:22:09 PM

Well , Baidu as a company never accepted bitcoins.
And I doubt they even had any customers seeing the transactions on that address.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:57:46 PM

For now it seems china considers Bitcoin to be a commodity due to the deflationary nature vs fiat.
drdejanm

Activity: 177

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:01:02 PM

The fact is that bitcoin can't be destroyed or stopped, so if everythineg continue to go bad for bitcoin in 20 years someone will ask: "we have bitcoins for 20 years and it is still not regulated, let regulate that thing"!. So, bitcoin willl succeed, the question is "when"?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: