Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:18:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Fixed] Problems with the BC Wallet?  (Read 702 times)
Turbo4000 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:17:56 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 05:34:18 PM by Turbo4000

Hello all, consider this line my introduction.  Cheesy

EDIT: Fixed by deleting blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat, I guess they got corrupted. Lock please! :l

However, I'm having a nasty problem. I start up the Bitcoin.exe program and it immediately says 'Error loading blkindex.dat'. Now, it worked perfectly before. This just started happening after I was forced to restart my computer.

So then, here's what happened before. I was downloading the blockchain (Up to 110k blocks too.) while watching some stuff on youtube. I had been mining for a few hours earlier as well. During a video, I randomly got a bluescreen for PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and was forced to restart. I tried to open bitcoin.exe to continue the blockchain download and then I get the error.

So, why doesn't bitcoin just create a new blkindex.dat like it probably had to in the beginning? Will I have to redownload (most of) the blockchain? Is my 0.01 BTC lost forever (I'd assume this one is NOT true, as it was never claimed since I hadn't reached that point in the blockchain yet and I still know my address)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: