Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:20:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin ATM project POC  (Read 1095 times)
hendo420 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:28:37 PM

I will post more videos as I add more features.

I'm planning some cool security features like adding a web cam and taking a picture / emailing me if the top is opened and emailing me if the wallet is empty or the ATM is full of money.

I also am thinking about adding a stun gun in the bottom with a trigger being a limit switch attached to the lid. If someone opens it they activate the stun gun and then when they reach in for the bills... ZAP.  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWhPYURfik4

ebmarket.co
kuverty

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:12:37 PM

A shotgun would be better
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:18:16 PM

A shotgun would be better

Not looking to kill anyone, just deter them from stealing hundreds of dollars. lol

My brother thinks a blue dye pack would work just as well, I could construct something that would work like the ones the bank has.

ebmarket.co
cryptocoinlog

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:43:55 AM

Very cool Smiley
stealthman

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:27:03 PM

This is cool. What about gather all the stuff in a case, add keyboard and display and make it look usable at the shop? What do you think of making it a real machine?
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

This is cool. What about gather all the stuff in a case, add keyboard and display and make it look usable at the shop? What do you think of making it a real machine?

As it is right now it doesn't need a keyboard or a display. It works like a change machine at a car wash. Put in bills and it spits out a paper bitcoin wallet.

I keep seeing these bitcoin atm prototypes that have a touchscreen. That just seems like overkill. I have never seen a change machine with an LCD. lol

I'm trying to create a device that is cheap enough anyone could buy one.  Grin

Right now the prototype is in its original case and that is an old dollar bill changer from a laundromat. I still need to do some tweaks, like add the button and remove the timer to look for more money being inserted.That way when someone is done inserting money they just hit the button. I also need to add some status LEDs.

I finally got the part for my 3d printer a few days ago. I just need to dial it in and I should be able to print the case for the guts of the ATM. I then need to drill out some rivets and remove the change funnel and mount the internal components. Then I just need to find a place that will print me a vinyl wrap for the atm and it will be complete. Smiley

ebmarket.co
stealthman

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:53:38 AM

As it is right now it doesn't need a keyboard or a display. It works like a change machine at a car wash. Put in bills and it spits out a paper bitcoin wallet.

I keep seeing these bitcoin atm prototypes that have a touchscreen. That just seems like overkill. I have never seen a change machine with an LCD. lol

Right now the prototype is in its original case and that is an old dollar bill changer from a laundromat. I still need to do some tweaks, like add the button and remove the timer to look for more money being inserted.That way when someone is done inserting money they just hit the button. I also need to add some status LEDs.

I finally got the part for my 3d printer a few days ago. I just need to dial it in and I should be able to print the case for the guts of the ATM. I then need to drill out some rivets and remove the change funnel and mount the internal components. Then I just need to find a place that will print me a vinyl wrap for the atm and it will be complete. Smiley
So it will be a bitcoin wallet top-up machine? Can you add a function of dispansing bills from the wallet to make it 2-way machine?
Really interested what it will look like. The dimensions will be needed to make an accurate design of the wrap and I can print it.
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

So it will be a bitcoin wallet top-up machine? Can you add a function of dispansing bills from the wallet to make it 2-way machine?
Really interested what it will look like. The dimensions will be needed to make an accurate design of the wrap and I can print it.
You could think of it like a wallet top-up machine. lol

The current iteration can't be made to go both ways because it only has a dollar bill validator. It also only takes $1 bills.

I have enough parts to build 2 units. I just need to refurb the other dollar bill validator I have.

My idea for the wrap was to go all white with a big bitcoin that covers most of one side. The case is 12" tall, 7" wide, and 11" deep. It does have a lip at the bottom that the bill validator slides into.

I am looking into building a unit that goes both ways but it will cost more like 1-2 grand to build. It will have a touchscreen and a bill recycler that accepts/dispenses up to $20 bills.
I can expand the original program to build the 2nd generation.

ebmarket.co
stealthman

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 09:27:13 PM by stealthman

Bill recycler is not bad but reliable one cost pretty much. Also I think that there is enough vending machines done already and actually there is not so much need in them like in ATM that give you cash. I really don't see any need in buing bitcoin in those vending machines cause bitcoin is an online currency and those machines do no work actually about bringing bitcoin to real life. Another thing is cash and you need it every day. You go to the machine and take it. So it's better to work on a simple bitcoin ATM then on those vending machines. It could be a mini ATM or something like that and it can hold like 2000 bills it's ok but it will serve people from day to day.
I have some ideas about that. We could build it together.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:47:47 PM

Needs a coin hopper so people can use it to get rid of their change. Sell it to banks to put in their lobbies and they can just have the users bring the output to a teller to deposit the results in their bank account.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

Needs a coin hopper so people can use it to get rid of their change. Sell it to banks to put in their lobbies and they can just have the users bring the output to a teller to deposit the results in their bank account.

lol @ putting it inside a bank. Like a bank would touch bitcoin with a 50 foot pole. lol

I thought about doing change but someone already beat me to that. lol

http://bitcoinbriefcase.com/

ebmarket.co
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: