Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Balls of Steel  (Read 5760 times)
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Hello

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:10:09 PM

GoxLoop™
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:13:55 PM

what is goxloop? what is the real price brah?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:19:52 PM

Goxloop is a controversial safety mechanism on the Gox exchange that was implemented after a hacker was able to take control and sell everyone's coins, plummeting the price down to pennies. Those trades were all rolled back, and then Goxloop was put into place.

Essentially, when it detects a large sell like this, it triggers and stops trades. You will see the same series of trades being replayed repeatedly until a manual reset.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:21:39 PM

Goxloop is a controversial safety mechanism on the Gox exchange that was implemented after a hacker was able to take control and sell everyone's coins, plummeting the price down to pennies. Those trades were all rolled back, and then Goxloop was put into place.

Essentially, when it detects a large sell like this, it triggers and stops trades. You will see the same series of trades being replayed repeatedly until a manual reset.
thanks for that explanation brah. so all the peeps who are trading now, all of them will be rolled back when the manual reset happens?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:25:57 PM

thanks for that explanation brah. so all the peeps who are trading now, all of them will be rolled back when the manual reset happens?

I don't know if the exact behavior of Goxloop has been documented, as we've only seen it a handful of times. The general concensus is that all trades that happened in the looping period of time shown WILL execute. While your order will appear to be cancel-able upon each loop, it is in-fact not. Orders placed DURING the looping, I'm not sure of. You're trading blind, and likely to get burnt when Goxloop ends.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:29:22 PM

My balls are so solid & heavy I'm off to buy a man pouch to carry them round in

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:47:05 PM

Sometimes I don't know if I'm so stupid or my balls are huge...

Hodling since 2011.®
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:51:59 PM

I hid my cold wallets under my balls.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:52:08 PM

Titles like the one of this thread starts showing up when the panic is widespread Cry It's the first stage of grief.

All I can say is that I have been there. Eons ago I had over a thousand coins.

And boy I miss having so many coins which I sold in fear to "take profit" during bubble pops. Not even because of their fiat value now, hadn't I sold them. What I miss is the feeling of being part of an elite. Because now I know that with the earnings of my job I will never ever be able to have over a thousand coins again.

I wish I was able to really guess the dips and profit from them so that I could multiply my coins. But I suck at trading.
I have great hopes for wider merchant adoption though. I dream of being paid for my job in btc and to be able to pay all my bills and grocery in btc, while converting into fiat only at need.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:56:44 PM

No balls of steel here.  I'm just holding on for the ride.

I think it takes balls to try to time the market and predict what it's gonna do.  I don't have that.  So I just sit and watch the frenzy.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
Chris180Z

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:27:06 PM

So the advise from you all is to wait for a few days and buy? I have no BTC and i'm looking to invest, but I can't afford to even buy 1btc at $1000. I could buy a few though if they were $300-400.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:28:13 PM

Holding! (My Bitcoins, not my balls)
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:31:12 PM

So the advise from you all is to wait for a few days and buy? I have no BTC and i'm looking to invest, but I can't afford to even buy 1btc at $1000. I could buy a few though if they were $300-400.

My advice is that this is a poor place to look for advice.
I agree.  This forum has folks who will advise you to do whatever benefits them or furthers their self-importance.

All I will say is that you don't need to buy a whole bitcoin when you do buy.  And don't spend more money than you can comfortably afford to lose.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
knarzo

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:33:41 PM

I hid my cold wallets under my balls.

Buried mine. No chance to act in time Smiley

Sic parvis magna
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:35:49 PM

I never paid anything for my coins (tweaked my own hobby-program slightly for someone else for BTC and mined some silly altcoins within hours after release and sold for BTC), so I have no need to safeguard my fiat-investment, withdraw the principal, or whatever. So I hold.

I've happily made some profit, both fiat and BTC, with risk-free arbitrage during these volatile times.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:57:53 PM

You need balls of steel to trade on MT.GOX these days  Wink

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:16:48 PM

Titles like the one of this thread starts showing up when the panic is widespread Cry It's the first stage of grief.

All I can say is that I have been there. Eons ago I had over a thousand coins.

And boy I miss having so many coins which I sold in fear to "take profit" during bubble pops. Not even because of their fiat value now, hadn't I sold them. What I miss is the feeling of being part of an elite. Because now I know that with the earnings of my job I will never ever be able to have over a thousand coins again.

I wish I was able to really guess the dips and profit from them so that I could multiply my coins. But I suck at trading.
I have great hopes for wider merchant adoption though. I dream of being paid for my job in btc and to be able to pay all my bills and grocery in btc, while converting into fiat only at need.

i get that, when i first started with bitcoins i tried the trade game as i was new to the whole trading thing, i ended up losing more coins than i started with. it was a lesson learnt. Now I seem to have grasped the indicators that tell me when a market dips and when it rises, not always accurate however i still dont play it. I just wait for a large dip, buy and hold. i sell only a v small portion at v high tops and use that to multiply my holdings by rebuying.

One thing i found interesting are altcoins, ive transferred a minute amount of mbtc to cryptsy and just testing the water ive learnt alot so far and i hope to use that to get in some coins with strong fundamentals (already have partially). u can try that with a small amount and see how it goes. it can help u regain some lost coins

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:34:51 PM

Who here has balls of steel?

Your balls are being tested now.

Only the strong survive.

PS:  is one bigger than the other on yours like the picture?

EDIT:  PPS:   Ladies - Ovaries of Steel for all of you.   My bad.

-Burger-

Mine are iridium made thank you!!  Grin
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

Nahhhhhh!!! I'm just kidding! I'm only wearing steel underwear!  Cheesy
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324