Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:28:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it take to get validated on bitstamp  (Read 1076 times)
adam9317 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:34:43 PM

Quick question, I sent away by id photos to get validated for starting to trade at bitstamp.

It has now been 4 full days since I did this, they estimate 1-2 days.

Has anyone else been experiencing delays like this?

Also how long after depositing funds on bitstamp can you start to trade?

Thanks

joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

Took me 3 days last week

TheChinaMan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:57:42 PM

Quick question, I sent away by id photos to get validated for starting to trade at bitstamp.

It has now been 4 full days since I did this, they estimate 1-2 days.

Has anyone else been experiencing delays like this?

Also how long after depositing funds on bitstamp can you start to trade?

Thanks

It took me 2weeks to get verified. I'm in the US and after going through all the hoops with most of the foreign exchanges, I conduct most of my trading with Coinbase because it seems like every exchange is starting to follow suit.
adam9317 (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:00:45 PM

Ok, would you reccomend any other exchanges other than bitstamp?

I am from the UK if it helps?

TheChinaMan

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:24:20 PM

I'm not a pro so please use your best judgement. I have 3 top exchanges on my list.

Itbit is my top choice but it's a shame they do not allow US traders. I like Itbit because it's based out of Singapore. Singapore is one of the most strict and safest countries in the world.

Coinbase is second because I think they are doing there best to prove to the world that there is a happy medium between centralized structured institutions and dark shady ally deals. At the moment it seems like they have government approval.

BtcChina was and still on my list. I like China because they have the volume and a distinguished grey market. Because everything is still new and the ongoing issues with Chinese money. I would trade here unless you are a Chinese Nationalist.

All of the other exchanges have to many red flags for me. If I must, I will do local trades within my community in person.

This is my opinion on the subject. I'm not some millionaire philanthropist so please use your best judgement in this matter. Remember that volatility risk and any/all the other risks when investing. Good luck.
adam9317 (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:22:30 PM

I'm not a pro so please use your best judgement. I have 3 top exchanges on my list.

Itbit is my top choice but it's a shame they do not allow US traders. I like Itbit because it's based out of Singapore. Singapore is one of the most strict and safest countries in the world.

Coinbase is second because I think they are doing there best to prove to the world that there is a happy medium between centralized structured institutions and dark shady ally deals. At the moment it seems like they have government approval.

BtcChina was and still on my list. I like China because they have the volume and a distinguished grey market. Because everything is still new and the ongoing issues with Chinese money. I would trade here unless you are a Chinese Nationalist.

All of the other exchanges have to many red flags for me. If I must, I will do local trades within my community in person.

This is my opinion on the subject. I'm not some millionaire philanthropist so please use your best judgement in this matter. Remember that volatility risk and any/all the other risks when investing. Good luck.

Thanks for this. Does anyone have any other opinions on this?

joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:49:22 PM

hi

Try Kraken.com I am in the UK and they are quite efficient, only thing is to get fiat into Kraken who's bank is in Germany, you have to do a SEPA transfer from your UK bank (GBP to Euro) which can take up to 3 days to reach Kraken but normally transfer is completed in 24 hours.

The trading platform if you transfer Euro (which is the cheapest transfer method SEPA) will have prices quoted in Euro so you will find you are constantly manually calculating between USD-GPB-Euro-BTC can get hairy but not to bad once you get used to it

Just make sure you go through their verification levels and choose a level that will suite your trading volume. The higher the level the more identification you need to provide but the verification process was also quite quick, 2 days if i remember.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: