Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would like to support a campbx class action lawsuit
Hell yeah, they stole my money - 7 (28%)
Yes, BTCcommunity needs to remove bad apples - 7 (28%)
maybe, do alot of people have issues - 1 (4%)
I had an issue but they resolved it - 2 (8%)
I'm a satisfied customer, no issues - 8 (32%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Campbx class action lawsuit anyone?  (Read 1630 times)
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

I know that we as a community need exchanges in order to thrive however,

It's hard enough to explain Bitcoin to the average person so it's an amazing thing to get friends and relatives to invest money in. Recommending a service (like campbx)  to someone only reinforces the belief that BTC is a scam when campbx runs off with their money. This only hurts the bitcoin community as a whole.

If a lawsuit (for better or worse) was able to take down bitinstant then maybe the community should consider coming together to rid itself of the bad apples.

My experience. The first transaction (money order) went through no problem. A few weeks later after saving more money I sent a second money order. My girlfriend sent her first one at the exact same time. Hers made it in to her account no problem, mine was deposited by campbx into their account on nov 14. I went through their help desk route. I got a trouble ticket, which they closed and labled resolved during the request for more info. I started another trouble ticket and provided the info they requested. They responded that they could not find the deposit (despite that I sent it certified mail and had delivery date and deposit date) and asked for a photocopy from moneygram to prove that they had deposited it. They then closed the ticket and labeled it as resolved. After deciphering the moneygram system for a photocopy request I sent in $24 for the photocopy proof that campbx took my money and failed to deposit it to my account. Now after a third trouble ticket with campbx they have gone silent.

So I am left in a situation where in essence they have been using my money without my permission since nov 14. They happily took my money but decided it was to much work to match deposit with account. Hey free money for them from all us suckers right?

I know I'm not alone, hence lets build some interest in a class action lawsuit. I and others might as well get something for our $.

Feel free to post your experience with them, although please refrain from name calling, lets keep this professional and stick to the facts. Who, what, when, where, how, why 

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:49:02 PM

I have over $400 waiting to come to me via USPS from 2.5 weeks ago.  They said there was a 2 week backlog (after I had submitted a ticket complaining).  I guess I'm getting to the point of supporting this.  Query though, would a class action just bankrupt them?  I'd rather get my money, the problem is they need to communicate better.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
nikanon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:48:05 AM

I'd join.

Sent them a check 3 weeks ago and I haven't received it in my account yet. Contacted support and they said there's a backlog and they pretty much that they'll get around to it eventually  Huh
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 12:58:29 AM

To add fuel to the fire, they haven't responded to any of my support requests. They apparently are experiencing a "coinbase" I'll call it. Since coinbase performs in a similar matter. They are always late, don't respond or backed up. Some of these sites really need to STOP accepting new customers right now and take care of the current ones.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 04:20:38 AM

Jebus!! I actually came to the sub forum looking for campbx ACH info.. I had heard on the 27th they were supposed to have it.
They cant lie about ACH transfers or not receiving..

Sucks to hear you guys are getting taken advantage of! I signed up and got verified with campbx but i heard a wave a really bad news like this and i have been treading carefully as i barley escaped the bitfloor fiasco!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:43:17 PM

It's hard enough to explain Bitcoin to the average person so it's an amazing thing to get friends and relatives to invest money in. Recommending a service (like campbx)  to someone only reinforces the belief that BTC is a scam when campbx runs off with their money. This only hurts the bitcoin community as a whole.

If a lawsuit (for better or worse) was able to take down bitinstant then maybe the community should consider coming together to rid itself of the bad apples.

My experience. The first transaction (money order) went through no problem. A few weeks later after saving more money I sent a second money order. My girlfriend sent her first one at the exact same time. Hers made it in to her account no problem, mine was deposited by campbx into their account on nov 14. I went through their help desk route. I got a trouble ticket, which they closed and labled resolved during the request for more info. I started another trouble ticket and provided the info they requested. They responded that they could not find the deposit (despite that I sent it certified mail and had delivery date and deposit date) and asked for a photocopy from moneygram to prove that they had deposited it. They then closed the ticket and labeled it as resolved. After deciphering the moneygram system for a photocopy request I sent in $24 for the photocopy proof that campbx took my money and failed to deposit it to my account. Now after a third trouble ticket with campbx they have gone silent.

So I am left in a situation where in essence they have been using my money without my permission since nov 14. They happily took my money but decided it was to much work to match deposit with account. Hey free money for them from all us suckers right?

I know I'm not alone, hence lets build some interest in a class action lawsuit. I and others might as well get something for our $.

Feel free to post your experience with them, although please refrain from name calling, lets keep this professional and stick to the facts. Who, what, when, where, how, why 

Thanks

A class action lawsuit isn't the sort of "let's get a pitchfork mob together" exercise you seem to imagine it to be. The far less expensive, far more efficient, and overall more effective route to take is to learn to WoT, commit to performing extensive, exhaustive due diligence before trusting any service with your funds, and to refuse to vote for broken services with your wallet, no matter how inconvenient the alternative may seem at the time.

Bad exchanges, bad assets, and individual scammers abound here for the simple reason that people give them money. Because their website looks nice, because they were "courteous", because they made some unsubstantiated claims about their "services" that said payers never bothered to verify. So long as this behavior continues, this stuff will be a problem. No matter how many lawsuits people imagine they're going to file, no matter how many "let's find this scammer in person" threads get started, no matter what else. Educating yourself and making smart decisions thereafter is the only way you're going to keep your funds. Start here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
joesmoe2012

Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 11:08:04 PM

They are SUPER SLOW in processing stuff, but always come through in the end. They are working on getting better support.

If you need bitcoins in any sort of a timely manner, this is not the exchange for you.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
JohnnyBTCSeed (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:40:02 PM

Thanks

A class action lawsuit isn't the sort of "let's get a pitchfork mob together" exercise you seem to imagine it to be. The far less expensive, far more efficient, and overall more effective route to take is to learn to WoT, commit to performing extensive, exhaustive due diligence before trusting any service with your funds, and to refuse to vote for broken services with your wallet, no matter how inconvenient the alternative may seem at the time.

Bad exchanges, bad assets, and individual scammers abound here for the simple reason that people give them money. Because their website looks nice, because they were "courteous", because they made some unsubstantiated claims about their "services" that said payers never bothered to verify. So long as this behavior continues, this stuff will be a problem. No matter how many lawsuits people imagine they're going to file, no matter how many "let's find this scammer in person" threads get started, no matter what else. Educating yourself and making smart decisions thereafter is the only way you're going to keep your funds. Start here.

You're right, a class action lawsuit does seem to be a little harsh, and look at those poll results. Having done some more research since then I see that this is the standard way that all exchanges treat their customers. Its like gambling when using exchanges, maybe my money will get there and back or or it can get stuck in limbo. Who knows its all part of the game, it reminds me of Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

At the very least I think campbx should fire some of those counselors as I can't in good faith recommend their service to anyone without at least giving a big red flashing warning sign explanation upfront about inconsistencies.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:13:48 PM

I'd join.

Sent them a check 3 weeks ago and I haven't received it in my account yet. Contacted support and they said there's a backlog and they pretty much that they'll get around to it eventually  Huh

My first personal checks took over two weeks.  I would give them 10 days after the money has been pulled from your bank account, then start to apply some pressure though the help ticket system.  If 20 days went by after they pulled the funds from my bank account, then I would start to worry (and be a little pissed).
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:46:35 PM

I have a pending withdrawal and from what I can tell A LOT of people aren't getting withdrawals now.  The first step is, does anyone know a good cheap lawyer in Georgia?  Or, does anyone live in or near Georgia who could file a small claims action for me?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:07:04 AM

I am interested in pursuing this. They've proven themselves to be very shady, cashing 1K worth of my money orders about 6 weeks ago and then claiming that they never received them (even though the MO photocopies indicate otherwise).
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:18:01 AM

I am interested in pursuing this. They've proven themselves to be very shady, cashing 1K worth of my money orders about 6 weeks ago and then claiming that they never received them (even though the MO photocopies indicate otherwise).

They are also giving me the run around and I would join a class action suite with no problem. Been over 10 days now and still the money they owe me is god knows where. Don't they know it is pretty much illegal in most of the world to steal people's money? I'll be asking for interest and compensation with the attorney. You just can't take someone's money and do what you want with it.
DO NOT USE CAMPBX or you will have problems.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:06:32 AM

Is this still an issue?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:18:39 AM

Really sorry to see this happening.
Campbx had a decent reputation for quite a while.

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:06:24 AM

This topic is a bit weird. Is this things still going on or is it old news. Why no ones is posting here ? I would expect at pointy when everyone went idle that problem were solved but apparently something is weird here.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:13:35 PM

Seems to be an old issue based on the dates

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:25:49 PM

They are still having problems and I would not recommend using them until they have it sorted out. A friend emailed me this morning to say that his money order is now a month late. That's B.S. that a backlog does not explain. It takes an hour to fill one out and drop it at the post office.
Do they expect us to believe that they have so many checks to write that they are a month behind? While we can see the low volume at their site? Looks like another exchange bites the dust.  Angry

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:59:18 PM

We saw similar red flags from gox before shit hit the fan.  Too bad.

iambk

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

CampBX is very sketchy so I (unfortunately) made the mistake of transferring my BTC from CampBX to mtgox.  Now I realize that btc-e is actually more trustworthy than either exchange.

I obviously should have done more research.  I assumed that mt.gox was somewhat dependable because they've been around a while, they've handled far far more transactions than campbx, they havehad 2 factor authentication and they were trading for a higher price despite the withdraw issues.  Anyway, my bad assumption was expensive.  Now I maintain my own wallet and I'm just done with the exchanges.  If I need BTC I'll find another method to get it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: