Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:24:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DROPPING LIKE A ROCK  (Read 3289 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:03:20 PM

To me it looks like bear trap in awareness phase.

To me it looks like you are saying this in every dip without having a clue about what you are talking about.

Bears are out tonight! U mad bro'?

Go ahead, panic sell, see you on the other side (again).

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:20:18 PM

To me it looks like bear trap in awareness phase. Mania phase is when joe public starts buying crazy. I realise the 'financial news' can only ever be trusted so far, but if you have been paying attention its all there...

Whats all there? That Bank of America is bullish and that the Chinese are allowing people to use bitcoin at their own risk?

The the whole point of bitcoin is to avoid the banks.

Until now the 'institution' never took it seriously. General sentiment in the financial news of late would suggest that we are at "institutional investor" stage. Which is there on the chart OP posted. As you see just as institutions get on board (with orders of magnitude more funds to invest) there is a dip in price, this is caused because to the early adopters, that money is unimaginable wealth, and the gains they are seeing make it almost impossible for them not to take money off the table. This is all chump change to the institutions, and they know it so they take advantage.

I'm curious as to why OP thinks we are in 'public' phase. How many people you speak to know about BTC? Me, not many. anecdotal sure.

Your stories about why the price did X on a given day, or why one news snippet really matters more than any other. Individual article like that are written post-hoc and are about as worthwhile as any of the posts on this very forum (including this one!).

Traders win and lose, and the ones that win tell themselves how great they are, and the ones that lose lick there wounds and blame rotten luck. At least the ones that lose have got it right.

Me, I buy stuff I believe in and hold for the longest time. Skimming a little here and there doesn't hurt either.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:22:12 PM

How far do you think it will fall? I'm looking to buy some. I don't have much money but hey, i'll buy if it ever went down to $300-400 again.
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:23:31 PM

Pick a number (or several) put your order(s) in and cross your fingers Smiley

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:25:13 PM

Dammit!!  Just hit 800 and a shit ton of smart people bought in.

So I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now its back up to 875.

Damn all of you smart people!!!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:36:56 PM

To me it looks like you are saying this in every dip without having a clue about what you are talking about.

So someone that isn't talking about things that don't know is a bear? You should google the term again.
In any case just leave it to those who know. Repeating "bear trap" or other terms that you heard some weeks ago on a forum don't add something.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:40:42 PM

Dammit!!  Just hit 800 and a shit ton of smart people bought in.

So I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now its back up to 875.

Damn all of you smart people!!!

Don't worry, it's a bull trap  Smiley

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Exidous

Activity: 239

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:44:02 PM

So someone that isn't talking about things that don't know is a bear? You should google the term again.
In any case just leave it to those who know. Repeating "bear trap" or other terms that you heard some weeks ago on a forum don't add something.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bear.asp
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:03:52 PM

Your hard on for me is distasteful. Attack the argument not the man.

pand70

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:32:51 PM

Your hard on for me is distasteful. Attack the argument not the man.

Well obviously i couldn't care less about you but attack what?
Anyone around that can help me understand the arguments in that post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360110.msg3854493#msg3854493 ?

sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:43:37 PM

In case there is anyone in this thread that don't read too good, I made some pictures to help explain how there might be an alternative scenario.

OP Opinion

My Opinion

Just in case there is any one person in particular in any doubt, they are both opinions, and hence I am not saying one is more likely to happen than another. Just offering what I think might be the case. Speculating, so to speak, on the speculation forum of all places. Which is where I spend all of my time if you care to notice. What I like is when other people have opinions, it adds to the richness of the discussion, contrary to some people's opinion otherwise.

Speculate as to why I am wrong, but put up a shit argument like "you are wrong because you are herp derp" is somewhat poor.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:45:23 PM

Someone needs to create a new Six Flags rollercoaster called "The Bit Coin."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
pand70

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:48:17 PM

Speculate as to why I am wrong, but put up a shit argument like "you are wrong because you are herp derp" is somewhat poor.

Ok i 'll choose a random graph from google. Then i 'll close my eyes and point somewhere at the graph. Then what?
Oh ok got it. I 'll go to mspaint and edit the graph saying "WE ARE HERE".
Excuse me but i have a different view about speculation.

pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

if you still expect a crash, dont:
http://www.malwaretech.com/2013/11/mtgox-nearly-breaks-bitcoinagain.html

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:50:00 PM

Ok i 'll choose a random graph from google. Then i 'll close my eyes and point somewhere at the graph. Then what?

Don't tell me, you are all about TA?

I happen to think that TA is largely bunk.

I'm going to instead think about the bigger picture and not forfeit long term gains chasing pennies.

NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:53:38 PM

In case there is anyone in this thread that don't read too good, I made some pictures to help explain how there might be an alternative scenario.

Well illustrated, sir.  I agree that the Bitcoin phenomenon is too early to be on it's downturn side.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:57:30 PM

Evidently your view includes personal attacks over any logic or data.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:58:24 PM

How it come the price is raising when it has drop like a rock  Huh

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:06:37 PM

How it come the price is raising when it has drop like a rock  Huh
Bitcoin is made of inverse matter.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:09:13 PM

You all do realize these charts, bull, or bear, are highly unlikely to represent reality, right?

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: