Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is under attack by FUD  (Read 2617 times)
Lomus (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

This forum is under attack by FUDsters.

So many attacking posts, they will manipulate this market.

Speculation posts should be in the Speculation sub forum.

Stick to facts please, keep the conspiracy rubbish for Alec Jones show and the speculation sub forum.

Thanks.

tips 18MckbJ6ToBxNLpogG1rfhzQsA5AkD6Wxe
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:44:02 PM

I heavily agree with and endorse the OP's message, I know the mods have ALOT of work on thier plate, but there seems to be a higher than usual amount of FUD getting outside of the Speculation thread where it should stay

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:23:18 AM

Agree.  Reddit seems overrun by FUDsters today too. 

Why are they here all of a sudden in such large numbers?  So many mysteries....

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:43:40 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:57:41 AM by AnonyMint

I hope the mods can distinguish between unadulterated, unbacked by logic FUD, and those economic points backed by clear logic, specifically mine.

I will be making a post in the Speculation forum now, because I have a reason to hope the price will go up not down.

Googling Bitcoin price, shows Greenspace said something about it being a bubble and no intrinsic value. So that is the likely instigator of the decline in the price, not those who are posting in the Economics forum here.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:41:18 PM

FUD is a usual part in price-lowering attack. It will go away. Enjoy the cheap coins.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
2sog

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but who are FUD?
porc

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:53:04 PM

FUD is a usual part in price-lowering attack. It will go away. Enjoy the cheap coins.

What if the coins are enormously expensive? Why are they cheap?
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:28:09 PM

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:48:14 PM

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Out of curiosity, I tried to see if it means anything else and to my surprise, number #1 it's not that
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FUD

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:07:41 PM

Perhaps you mean the FUD of Baidu pretending to accept BTC then reversing their position giving a bogus reason for doing (as if they didn't know BTC is volatile, yeah right  Roll Eyes)

And as if the richest man in China wouldn't know about the forthcoming regulations that have since been released.

I smell a manipulation.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:28:16 PM

I smell a manipulation.

Bitcoin is manipulated. As was silver. It is good to know before getting into it Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

I was about to say that at least the forum isn't under a "meme" attack like reddit but then i saw the first reply  Embarrassed
Thylacine

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:49:01 AM

People kept repeating 'bitcoin banned in China!' as if it actually was.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 07:51:30 AM

Anyone stupid enough to believe people who post bullshit deserve to lose their money >_< especially when they have that much to piss away in the first place, okay maybe I am being a bit harsh, but I'm sick of seeing stupid people fall for this every time and they don't listen to any warnings from us more experienced members. In fact you know they're stupid when they ignore more knowledgeable people and just buy into this bullshit anyway.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:01:49 AM

but I'm sick of seeing stupid people fall for this every time and they don't listen to any warnings from us more experienced members. In fact you know they're stupid when they ignore more knowledgeable people and just buy into this bullshit anyway.

"Experienced" members are not infallible to making mistakes, they like all humans can and will make mistakes. It's simply that they have more experience to draw upon when making decisions. There is nothing you can do about stupid people, your not going to be able to educate all of them, so honestly you really should just advise them and let them be. Just make sure you don't make the same mistakes you preach against.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 08:48:09 AM

Hahah, well I can appreciate making daft mistakes because we're human and it always happens, but what gets me is the people who blatantly ignore it and then you inevitable have them come on here to complain while everybody rolls there eyes because they've seen it a million times. It's a bit like somebody who gets stuck in snow and despite being told by everybody that just putting your foot on the accelerator doesn't work they choose to do it anyway and keep going until they're in even deeper and have to get pushed or towed out. If they had just listened in the first place to all the people saying don't just hit the accelerator pedal they'd end up out of the snow and on their way.

And yet, to this day you still see stupid people getting stuck in snow despite there being common knowledge now of how to get out under your own power you of course also get the problem where they've brought the whole road to a standstill just because they're being that thick depending on where they chose to get stuck.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:19:23 PM

This forum is under attack by FUDsters.

So many attacking posts, they will manipulate this market.

Speculation posts should be in the Speculation sub forum.

Stick to facts please, keep the conspiracy rubbish for Alec Jones show and the speculation sub forum.

Thanks.

yep, this is because alot of new members are coming in. they get pissed off when price changes 5 USD  Grin

PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:50:29 AM

In fact you know they're stupid when they ignore more knowledgeable people and just buy into this bullshit anyway.

Who are the more knowledgeable people? The circlejerk at reddit who kept saying that the news from china was actually good? Or those who manipulate the market? Because the later don't usually give advises in the forum.
daviducsb

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:11:00 AM

I agree with op. Could be paid posters by hedge funds or others with vested interests.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:00:38 AM

I agree with op. Could be paid posters by hedge funds or others with vested interests.

Hedge funds aren't going to pay sockpuppets to make posts that 10 or 100 people will read. They are going to pay journalists that write for big financial sites.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: