Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Sound Money?  (Read 225 times)
futuresprotocol (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:02:41 AM

In my studies, I have discerned that Sound Money means all I have to do is save it and I gain, if I intelligently trade it I can win.

What say Ye?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:35:48 AM

In my studies, I have discerned that Sound Money means all I have to do is save it and I gain, if I intelligently trade it I can win.

What say Ye?
You are right in some sense but IMO, sound money is a wealth backed by things with real value, wherein the thing that backs it won't lose value easily in this period and it does not go up and down in price rapidly. You can refer to gold and anything backed by it as a safe money, so long as it doesn't always decrease or increase in value. You can also say the same with other precious metals and anything backed by it(I might be wrong though since this is based purely from my opinion of it).
azvn

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:24:07 AM

This one will explain  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEe3hBXZEyI
futuresprotocol (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

You are right in some sense but IMO, sound money is a wealth backed by things with real value, wherein the thing that backs it won't lose value easily in this period and it does not go up and down in price rapidly. You can refer to gold and anything backed by it as a safe money, so long as it doesn't always decrease or increase in value. You can also say the same with other precious metals and anything backed by it(I might be wrong though since this is based purely from my opinion of it).

The Monetary Eco-System must be Trustless, Decentralized, Anonymized and 'Secured' by Validated Eco-System GDP. Driving Rate of Adoption, Fungibility, Network Services, Exchange and Utility Values.

Eco-System-GDP is Defined and Measured as: Authenticated Cash and Cash Equivalents from Operations, Modest Earnings Margin/Growth Multiple + Audited Net Asset Value (NAV) of Portfolio Holdings; land, buildings, equipment, finished goods inventory, natural resources, etc.

A Cryptocurrency Ecosystem or Cryptosphere Capable of Meeting the Needs of Hundreds of Millions of Consumers, Traders and Trans-Actors on a Truly Global Scale.

As the number of users increases, the system becomes even more valuable and is able to attract and retain a resilient high-quality stakeholder base, organically growing the networks Member Service and Utility Values.

A key concern must then be how to attract early adopters and opinion leaders prior to reaching critical mass.

The key strategy here is to create a system that builds-in enough tangible and experiential value, to early adopters, without significant network effects at the outset.

futuresprotocol (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

Sound money is a phrase technically synonymous with a currency backed by or pegged to some good or commodity. It can also mean a currency that is not rapidly inflating or deflating in value. Sound money is often a cover for gold buggery, though it can mean whatever the hell the bullshit purveyor wants it to mean.

A True 'Capital Currency' Should Never Experience Significant Volatility, a True 'Capital Currency' (digital, paper or crypto) Should Always Produce a Dividend. Effectively Govern for Stability, Resiliency and Appreciation. Creating a True Capital Currency of the Gold-Standard Class. A GDP-Driven Monetary Eco-System, Driving Transparent Value/ Price Discovery and Appreciable Demand. Hallmarks of a Trustless, Valued and Secure Method of Exchange.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:16:11 PM

I normally hear it applied to money with low volatility.   Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
futuresprotocol (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:08:28 PM

I normally hear it applied to money with low volatility.   Huh

I Believe The Monetary Eco-Systems and Cryptocurrencies that will Ultimately Succeed, Have Not Been Visioneered, Engineered and Brought to Market, Yet...

futuresprotocol (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:52:44 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 04:04:05 PM by futuresprotocol

Appreciate the input and guidance.

Will work to keep the subjects interesting enough for collaboration. Believe upon closer examination, Futures Protocol is more substantial than it may appear on the surface. However, I certainly realize, with the deluge of "me-too" shit coins, or "why-not-us" tokens, it will be difficult even for a serious community project to have a fair hearing.

Thanks again

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:58:45 PM

Well, the power of sound money is determined by the markets...there's a contrasting concept of "stable money" which you can read more about in this article:

http://www.aei.org/publication/sound-money-vs-stable-money/

Hope this helps!
jaysonzxc

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

for me its fun to hear the sound of money because i earn my own money
Bratecon

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:32:59 AM

Definition from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Money not liable to sudden appreciation or depreciation in value : stable money; specifically : a currency based on or redeemable in gold.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:25:54 AM

Because sound money is defined simply as stable, you're unlikely to gain just by saving because you normally have to account for inflation. "Healthy" inflation amounts to just about 2% annually, so you'll probably lose that much if you just hoard sound money.

Bitcoin isn't sound money by definition, but it's awfully close to what you've described. Hold it and it grows in value, and if you can predict price movements and trade properly, you can make it grow even faster.

futuresprotocol (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:00:08 PM

Because sound money is defined simply as stable, you're unlikely to gain just by saving because you normally have to account for inflation. "Healthy" inflation amounts to just about 2% annually, so you'll probably lose that much if you just hoard sound money.

Bitcoin isn't sound money by definition, but it's awfully close to what you've described. Hold it and it grows in value, and if you can predict price movements and trade properly, you can make it grow even faster.

Apologize for the tardiness of my response.

Been busier than a one-legged man in a Bitcoin kicking contest.

I interpret inflation to be a symptom, hidden as it is these days, of the system imposing unearned fees on what should be free market transactions between individuals and entities gatekeeper free. Remove the money changers from the equation and you will replace inflation with appreciation.

What say ye?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: