Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:19:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Every time Bitcoin "Crashes"  (Read 1208 times)
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:43:29 PM

Whenever the price drops a lot and everyone freaks out about how it's crashing and it's all over I just laugh and think back to this and all the insanity that came with it.

If you're one of the many many people freaking out about the few big sell-offs recently, stop worrying Tongue
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:09:01 PM

Whenever the price drops a lot and everyone freaks out about how it's crashing and it's all over I just laugh and think back to this and all the insanity that came with it.

If you're one of the many many people freaking out about the few big sell-offs recently, stop worrying Tongue

Stop worrying because you posted that graph? Well excuse me but  you should try harder.

murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:20:47 PM

Stop worrying because you posted that graph? Well excuse me but  you should try harder.

Look at the prices, and look what happened after. Everyone thought that sell off was the end of Bitcoin, now it's just a little blip in the charts.
pand70

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:24:11 PM

Look at the prices, and look what happened after. Everyone thought that sell off was the end of Bitcoin, now it's just a little blip in the charts.

I don't doubt that i 'm just saying that not every situation is the same...

wasserman99

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:25:42 PM

i think this rally is over. long slow slide coming? Cheesy

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:29:40 PM

the fall might be related to the Sheep Marketplace and the Black Market Reloaded shuting down but from past experiences I know that it's going to climb back up again, don't worry Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:30:25 PM

Could you guys do me a solid and continue panic selling for two more days? That would be awesome. My funds are on the way to the exchange.

Because you can be sure the sky is falling, a guy on the Internet said so.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 09:31:53 PM

Could you guys do me a solid and continue panic selling for two more days? That would be awesome. My funds are on the way to the exchange.

The sky is falling.  I saw it.

immortal4now

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Everytime Bitcoin Crashes there is good opportunity to buy  Wink

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:45:56 PM

Everytime Bitcoin Crashes there is good opportunity to buy  Wink

yes, many people want to buy then so demand increases and the previous price before the drop is soon reached again Cheesy
go bitcoin  Smiley

pand70

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:07:36 PM

Why do you care so much? You look like such a bull that a price of 800$ or 1000$ should hardly make a difference for you. Or you are not such a bull after all and you think that 1000$ is the ceiling?

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

It is funny, the more bitcoin crash, the more the price increase.

Call me when price drop to 2$, a "drop" to 800 worrying? Seriously?

Marcus Aurelius

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:52:41 PM

I'm new at this, but here's my thoughts: Highly volatile markets will damper average growth and investment long-term as a currency, so big swings like that are something that long-term players should be 'worried' about. Short-term players who are going long or short on the slides and such will benefit more from a volatile market, provided that there are still enough buyers and sellers for them to dump into a more stable storage of value (such as USD, gold, etc.).

In the case of bit coin, or at least in the last week, increases in volatility do not seem to coincide with a decrease in the overall market growth, so its not really investor scare. More people are coming in despite the jumps up and down. This means that the market is attracting more players who are attracted by volatile "Get rich quick" plans, and they are finding some degree of success.

Which totally makes sense, if you look at the news. More serious investors, who don't know how to operate well in the environment and are struggling over barriers of entry, are going to Bitcoin, and their non-optimal decisions prop up its long-term value for familiar, optimized players in spite of these volatile changes.  These crashes are what happens when a big elephant in the room jiggles a little, and the many many mice (scared of the elephant) all overreact very quickly to it. But instead of fleeing the room en masse, they are actually just rearranging themselves.

It's impossible to be rational and worry about it at the same time because so long as the market is moving (up or down), there is always a way to make money. I think the only worry should be worrying about which side of the market you are on and when.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:00:56 PM

Bitcoin has been volatile since it appeared, it didn't stop it from becoming what is today, so it is not a problem

Marcus Aurelius

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:09:10 PM

Bitcoin has been volatile since it appeared, it didn't stop it from becoming what is today, so it is not a problem

Volatility is never a 'problem', it's just a statistic about the market. You can use it in one way or another. The south african dollar is volatile, and you could make just as much money trading it as you could mining bitcoins. The question is whether or not volatility will cause a decreasing market: aka, when the south african dollar goes up or down, do people move out of the country in fear? I think the OP is stating (and I agree) that even if bitcoins get volatile to the point of crashing, there are more than enough long-term and stable investors who won't pull out now that it won't reach insane record lows anymore.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

Why do you care so much? You look like such a bull that a price of 800$ or 1000$ should hardly make a difference for you. Or you are not such a bull after all and you think that 1000$ is the ceiling?
Lol, that was my attempt at creating a market panic.  Grin (as a joke)
Compared to the other crashes I have seen, this is hardly worth a mention. I like a crash, that is when I do most of my buying. The question I ask myself is "why is it crashing"?
If all the fundamentals of bitcoin are in tact, I buy.
I love bitcoin, however I love rationality more. For me the glass is not half full or empty. It is completely full; half with water, half with air.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
XBBlade

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:20:16 PM

A crash is actually good for faucets, they give more since the value of Bitcoin is lower!
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:32:14 PM

A crash is actually good for faucets, they give more since the value of Bitcoin is lower!

But by the time they go to change the payouts, the btc value has double back Sad
emmocks

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:39:57 PM

They say this crash was manipulated, since the amount of orders massively increased.
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

I am actually hoping for another crash/dip to pick up some BTC. It's healthy, natural and will make you stronger each time.

cheers,

ioldk
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: