Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:53:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining contract/Rig hosting  (Read 1206 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:32:38 PM

I would like to offer what I feel is a unique service, and one that I have not seen on the forums.

I will host your mining rig for a flat monthly fee based on MH/s.  This fee would include power, guaranteed uptime, and a secure location.  The miner would be pointed at a pool of your choice, so you can verify the work being done as agreed upon. 

The advantages I see to you:  greatly reduced power bill, no headaches with cooling, simplified mining experience. 

The advantages for me:  I monetize my access to cheap power, fiber internet, and class A hosting space. 

Essentially I am in a position to arbitrage my cost advantage, and take a little profit for my trouble. 

Would anyone be interested in this?  I think I can offer the service for $50 per month, per 1,000 MH/s.  I am looking for feedback as well as interested parties.  I think this would be a valuable service for anyone who lives in an area with high power cost.

thanks for reading. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 01:21:29 AM

When I was 17, and started having sex (with a girl, and yes, I started later than most), my mom stated to me that she knew I was having sex. I asked her how see knew. She smiled and said a parent just knows, and when you get older, you'll know also. I didn't have a clue how she knew or found out, but when I got older, I realized how she knew.

What does this comment have to do with the OP? Read between the lines. If you're still not sure, or don't have a clue, PM me. I'll answer honestly, but you won't like it (the italic phrase is only directed towards the OP).
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 01:53:52 AM

Where would the rigs be physically/geographically located?
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:14:02 AM

When I was 17, and started having sex (with a girl, and yes, I started later than most), my mom stated to me that she knew I was having sex. I asked her how see knew. She smiled and said a parent just knows, and when you get older, you'll know also. I didn't have a clue how she knew or found out, but when I got older, I realized how she knew.

What does this comment have to do with the OP? Read between the lines. If you're still not sure, or don't have a clue, PM me. I'll answer honestly, but you won't like it (the italic phrase is only directed towards the OP).

You sir, are an idiot. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 05:59:49 PM

You sir, are an idiot. 

WOW! I sure the hell didn't see that coming. I offer up sound advice, and get called an idiot (BTW, the "sir" aspect did add a nice touch to it). There is nothing in my comment that should have cause you to call me an idiot. If you would have PM'ed me, you would have received a wealth of valuable information.

But since you did, and opted to not, let's pretend for a moment that you own a B&M type business. You just opened up your handsome shop in a new town that has the potential of the community craving for your product or service. I walk into your store and start browsing around. You see me, whereupon you walk up to me, you kindly ask me if you can help me, then hand me a flyer outlining your business model. I kindly take the flyer, glance over it and, while looking around your store and seeing your other customers, I comment, "Very nice store. I see the potential here. But I would have incorporated a blue color scheme opposed to the pink." Now, what do you think would happen if you then said, "You sir, are an idiot!"? At this point, I feel I may have to help you with the answer because you have already proven that you'll need help in this department. The answer is: I would walk out. Walk out without buying anything. Remember all those people that were in this imaginary store? They also heard the comment, whereupon they also walked out--without buying a thing. Now we tell our ten friends of the experience we had at your shop. Do you see business dropping off at this point? Dropped off business at the onset of opening is not a good thing.

What you did, by simply posting that comment, is several times worse. I think I see you scratching your head on this so, once again, I will explain. An online shop has the potential of reaching a wider audience than any B&M shop because it's global. All your potential global customers just heard read you calling another customer an idiot. Unless I didn't get the memo that this is the new business plan for today's social media economy, one of use just screwed ourselves--big time. Never, ever post on the internet a derogatory remark toward a potential customer. Because somebody may come along and quote it, thereby making a permanent copy for all to see. You're now in damage control mode, and your doors are barely open. Anything short of an apology will turn your damage mode into a crisis mode. Can you afford this?

But, this being a somewhat forgiving society, I offer up my proposal one more time. I suggest you PM me, for I do have some sound advice to offer up to help with your endeavor. No hard feelings on my part. Yours?

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:23:04 PM

You sir, are an idiot. 

WOW! I sure the hell didn't see that coming. I offer up sound advice, and get called an idiot (BTW, the "sir" aspect did add a nice touch to it). There is nothing in my comment that should have cause you to call me an idiot. If you would have PM'ed me, you would have received a wealth of valuable information.

But since you did, and opted to not, let's pretend for a moment that you own a B&M type business. You just opened up your handsome shop in a new town that has the potential of the community craving for your product or service. I walk into your store and start browsing around. You see me, whereupon you walk up to me, you kindly ask me if you can help me, then hand me a flyer outlining your business model. I kindly take the flyer, glance over it and, while looking around your store and seeing your other customers, I comment, "Very nice store. I see the potential here. But I would have incorporated a blue color scheme opposed to the pink." Now, what do you think would happen if you then said, "You sir, are an idiot!"? At this point, I feel I may have to help you with the answer because you have already proven that you'll need help in this department. The answer is: I would walk out. Walk out without buying anything. Remember all those people that were in this imaginary store? They also heard the comment, whereupon they also walked out--without buying a thing. Now we tell our ten friends of the experience we had at your shop. Do you see business dropping off at this point? Dropped off business at the onset of opening is not a good thing.

What you did, by simply posting that comment, is several times worse. I think I see you scratching your head on this so, once again, I will explain. An online shop has the potential of reaching a wider audience than any B&M shop because it's global. All your potential global customers just heard read you calling another customer an idiot. Unless I didn't get the memo that this is the new business plan for today's social media economy, one of use just screwed ourselves--big time. Never, ever post on the internet a derogatory remark toward a potential customer. Because somebody may come along and quote it, thereby making a permanent copy for all to see. You're now in damage control mode, and your doors are barely open. Anything short of an apology will turn your damage mode into a crisis mode. Can you afford this?

But, this being a somewhat forgiving society, I offer up my proposal one more time. I suggest you PM me, for I do have some sound advice to offer up to help with your endeavor. No hard feelings on my part. Yours?

How bout one of them leather wallets??

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 07:16:33 PM

You sir, are an idiot. 

How bout one of them leather wallets??

Just to show you how sincere I am in my comment to you, I can offer you this: A wallet with your company logo, or any other related company artwork, on it--near cost. Kindly post the image you have in mind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: