Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: comments please!  (Read 1493 times)
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 10:02:05 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36030.0

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 10:05:17 PM

Looks nice, but I live in Europe. How I am supposed to send you stuff? And where are you located?
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:12:08 AM

you would have to ship it.  I live in Idaho. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 12:26:12 AM

We post a rig to a PO box in the Bahamas, right?
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:27:16 AM

not at all, I have a real address. This is a legit idea that I am trying to get feedback on. 

bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 12:32:15 AM

I was just kidding, but I fully reserve the right to shit in any thread that does nothing but links to another, specially if the thread being linked to is asking for money. Spam spam spam spam spam
silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 12:38:23 AM

Interesting  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
ErgoOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:53:04 AM

Please don't post things with Subjects of "comments please!" and *NO* indication of what it's about.  Most of us don't read everything on the boards.  Subjects of this type appear to be come-ons that are trying to get us to read something that we would not otherwise read.

Instead, use an informative Subject and summarize what it is you want comments on, as well as providing a URL.

Thanks!
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 01:09:39 AM

Please don't post things with Subjects of "comments please!" and *NO* indication of what it's about.  Most of us don't read everything on the boards.  Subjects of this type appear to be come-ons that are trying to get us to read something that we would not otherwise read.

Instead, use an informative Subject and summarize what it is you want comments on, as well as providing a URL.

Thanks!

True. I usually don't click in such threads.

Also, add some detail to your proposal. Check shipping costs, electricity costs/Mhash, etc. Do some simple calculations to find out if it is worth it for people to ship you rigs or if you are just considering users from Idaho.

There are too many unanswered questions like:
- Will you handle the software configuration in case something goes wrong?
- What will you do if I want to stop mining because my hardware is becoming obsolete? Will you ship the rig back to me?

And the favorite questions of the forum:
- Why would we trust you?
- How do I know that you won't run away with my computers?
- blabla.. scam or not blablabla....

Then you can focus on your audience and explain a little better how would all of this work.
cepler

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 02:15:13 AM

Name
Address
Phone number
Name of business
Written terms of service
D&B #
6 customer references
6 vendor references

Maybe if people started requesting something like the above we'd have less scams & fraud?
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 03:43:17 AM

My comments:

1. Creating a non-descriptively-titled thread which simply cross-posts a link to your thread in another sub-forum is asinine. Stop it.

2. If I am reading SCE's rate schedule correctly, then your service appears to cost more than my expensive power rate here in Southern California. I'll pass on this opportunity.

yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:16:23 AM

Name
Address
Phone number
Name of business
Written terms of service
D&B #
6 customer references
6 vendor references

Maybe if people started requesting something like the above we'd have less scams & fraud?

I agree.  I like constructive feedback.  The fucking retards who run around screaming scam about everything reall don't add any value.  They probably don't add much value in their real life also, but I digress. 

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:18:09 AM

well seeing as how you  had not provided pictures of the space, transparent cost numbers and other shit, shipping info and geographical or rough location data, or really anything much but a seat of your pants type post.

it's not going to work.

#1, you can't post your name or actual location, cuz then you open yourself up to a real smash and grab.
#2, well #1 is enough to make it too risky for you and everyone else involved, unless you create an idea to fix that.
#3, your whole premise is that of setting up a makeshift data center, relying on people to send entire computers(shipping is costly, repair is costly, hardware is costly, your time is costly, their time is costly, troubleshooting is costly, Security is costly). however people are indeed selling this kind of venture who already have the hardware in place at undisclosed locations with their entire business model written up and transparent, where the client just ssh's into said platform and controls what they want to do.
#4, you have to register as a business, so that the cops won't kick in your door for growing herb.
#5 insurance so one person's shit doesn't burn everyone and your shit down.
#6, you currently have 34 posts, this should have actually been #1 but I didn't want to break to you so hard.

I hope I stopped you from doing this, or at least have you reconsidering posting something like what you posted again. All these people expect a level of professionalism that you have not yet provided.
In the future, when you have another idea, explore the idea to a vast and very thorough extent before processing it into this forum. it will saved you a load of trouble and headache.

Just remember before you post any kind of endeavor that requires another party to put trust on you, read the shit you wrote, and deduce if you would even question trusting the guy who posted it. you also need really good looking pictures. in this case the inside of a missle silo or nuclear bunker coupled with some kind of long standing proof.

you got lucky and received my once a month free advice on how to do shit good! Cheesy
Sannyasi

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 04:28:44 AM

failpost

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:30:26 AM

well seeing as how you  had not provided pictures of the space, transparent cost numbers and other shit, shipping info and geographical or rough location data, or really anything much but a seat of your pants type post.

it's not going to work.

#1, you can't post your name or actual location, cuz then you open yourself up to a real smash and grab.
#2, well #1 is enough to make it too risky for you and everyone else involved, unless you create an idea to fix that.
#3, your whole premise is that of setting up a makeshift data center, relying on people to send entire computers(shipping is costly, repair is costly, hardware is costly, your time is costly, their time is costly, troubleshooting is costly). however people are indeed selling this kind of venture who already have the hardware in place at undisclosed locations with their entire business model written up and transparent, where the client just ssh's into said platform and controls what they want to do.
#4, you have to register as a business, so that the cops won't kick in your door for growing herb.
#6, you currently have 34 posts, this should have actually been #1 but I didn't want to break to you so hard.

I hope I stopped you from doing this, or at least have you reconsidering posting something like what you posted again. All these people expect a level of professionalism that you have not yet provided.
In the future, when you have another idea, explore the idea to a vast and very thorough extent before processing it into this forum. it will saved you a load of trouble and headache.

Just remember before you post any kind of endeavor that requires another party to put trust on you, read the shit you wrote, and deduce if you would even question trusting the guy who posted it. you also need really good looking pictures. in this case the inside of a missle silo or nuclear bunker coupled with some kind of long standing proof.

you got lucky and received my once a month free advice on how to do shit good! Cheesy

#1  I absolutely can post the location.  This isn't some fucking apartment.  We are 6 floors up with corporate security.
#2  Hence why I am bouncing it out there to see if anyone is interested enough to overcome said flaws
#3  Where can I get my 10 Gh/s hosted for a REASONABLE fixed fee by someone only hosting BTC miners?
#4  Already done
#5  Already done
#6  Sorry I can't live my life on the forums.  I actually have a life outside here.

This would merely be an addition to an existing, well established organization.  I am not trying to set up a datacenter in my basement.  

Thanks for the advice.....next time I am starting up a lemonade stand I will look you up.  

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 04:53:29 AM

it's not going to work.

#3, your whole premise is that of setting up a makeshift data center, relying on people to send entire computers(shipping is costly, repair is costly, hardware is costly, your time is costly, their time is costly, troubleshooting is costly). however people are indeed selling this kind of venture who already have the hardware in place at undisclosed locations with their entire business model written up and transparent, where the client just ssh's into said platform and controls what they want to do.

#1  I absolutely can post the location.  This isn't some fucking apartment.  We are 6 floors up with corporate security.
#2  Hence why I am bouncing it out there to see if anyone is interested enough to overcome said flaws
#3  Where can I get my 10 Gh/s hosted for a REASONABLE fixed fee by someone only hosting BTC miners?
#4  Already done
#5  Already done
#6  Sorry I can't live my life on the forums.  I actually have a life outside here.

This would merely be an addition to an existing, well established organization.  I am not trying to set up a datacenter in my basement.  

Thanks for the advice.....next time I am starting up a lemonade stand I will look you up.  

dam man, I wasn't trying to be a dick.
I was sincerely helping you.
but man now you really do need to stop,
cuz what you just did fucked up your whole plan.
I'm going to think twice about ever being nice to you again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: