Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 11:03:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake in sending LTC to old BTC-e address (now is WEX.nz)  (Read 118 times)
2gfay (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 03:29:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I have an ecommerce site, and I accept crypto payment; from early, I used old LTC address from BTC-e to establish my payment gateway. But when BTC-e switched to wex.nz; I forgot to change these addresses

And now, a few days ago, a client made a payment & sent amount of LTC to this old address.

Can anyone may help me to get my money back?

I still use same username for both BTC-e & WEX.nz, I also send a ticket to support team, but dont know when they reply  Undecided

Many thanks
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2094

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:54:25 PM

I'm afraid at this point it's up to Wex.nz's support to help you, as they are only ones with control over the private keys of said address.

That is, assuming the coins haven't been confiscated by the feds, I didn't follow the aftermath of the btc-e crackdown all that closely.

Good luck!
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:46:51 PM

Since the mistake occurred because of you, you are waiting for a favor from Wex.nz's support team or "administrator" because the amendment of such error requires access to secret data"private key" manually and the return of money to you, which will cause poor protection.
The response depends on the amount of money sent and how you can communicate with the site management?
Generally, do not expect a quick but possible response, check this post https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6s49ql/psa_careful_when_sending_bccbch_to_an_exchange/
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:59:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I have an ecommerce site, and I accept crypto payment; from early, I used old LTC address from BTC-e to establish my payment gateway. But when BTC-e switched to wex.nz; I forgot to change these addresses

And now, a few days ago, a client made a payment & sent amount of LTC to this old address.

Can anyone may help me to get my money back?

I still use same username for both BTC-e & WEX.nz, I also send a ticket to support team, but dont know when they reply  Undecided

Many thanks

It's going to be hard. The transition from BTC-e to WEX definitely wasn't the smoothest, and I strongly doubt that with the circumstances under which they had to relocate they took much consideration into migrating their deposit addresses.

Talk to them first, and hopefully they'll respond to you(their support is absolutely dreadful).

But your chances are slim. I'd say that consider your money gone for now, and hopefully it wasn't a big loss. Even if they have retained your deposit address's private key (which should be the case), it's still a big ask for them to manually retrieve funds from an old address, and with their unstructured way of doing business I don't see this happening very smoothly or quickly.
2gfay (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:43:57 PM

thank all,

I sent a ticket to wex support team from beginning, but really dont know when they'll reply

so sad Sad
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:07:49 AM

thank all,

I sent a ticket to wex support team from beginning, but really dont know when they'll reply

so sad Sad
Which is how long ago?
Their Customer Support tend to take their time, not sure if it's because work load or short on staff.
If they can answer within a few days it should be within normal response time for exchange their size Smiley

How much did you get stuck inside their address?
Next time I'd rather recommend you to either setup your own wallet and use it for your payment or using Bitpay or similar service as your payment gateway.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:09:30 AM

thank all,

so sad Sad
Which is how long ago?
Their Customer Support tend to take their time, not sure if it's because work load or short on staff.
If they can answer within a few days it should be within normal response time for exchange their size Smiley

How much did you get stuck inside their address?
Next time I'd rather recommend you to either setup your own wallet and use it for your payment or using Bitpay or similar service as your payment gateway.
Above said thing was true, how long you have been waiting when you send up those tickets? There are several factors which do affect delay response from them. As a businessman you should really be aware on sudden updates because you do make use of exchange wallet to recieve funds which isnt really ideal or appropriate on the very first place because you dont have the possesion of the keys thats why you will really face problems when their service nor do hae updates or such changes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:07:00 AM

First of all, either disable crypto payments altogether or change the receiving address. Most likely you have already, but just a friendly reminder. You don't want to focus on trying to get the funds back from WEX that you forget to update your address.

It'll honestly be extremely difficult for you to trace down your funds, and get them to credit your account, at least in a reasonable amount of time. There's a possibility that the addresses aren't even in their possession anymore, even if they are they would need to be manually accessed. You also could need to prove to them that it was indeed your deposit address, since they asked for proof of deposits for a lot of previous BTC-e users.

Also, WEX support was slow as hell ever since they started operating under the name of BTC-e. And even if they respond, it could be completely unhelpful. How much did you lose?

Smiley
wex.nz

Activity: 38
Merit: 77

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:26:00 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2018, 04:45:03 AM by wex.nz

1PenekAV7bcEFXFxY68NYrTotBETdDiGk8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: