Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 08:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A dark day in the history of bitcoin.....  (Read 3192 times)
gonefishing510 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:11:51 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 05:03:40 AM by gonefishing510

F u
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:14:58 AM

LOL... my buy orders are waiting anxiously...

Im salivating at the possibilities .... yummmmmmmmmm

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:23:07 AM

Where are your buy orders? At 100$ ? Because so far i can't see any buy orders   Roll Eyes
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:08:53 PM

Let us pray........

Done. 10k here we go!!!!!!

Dark? You called this dark day?
Then Bitcoin survived a full Armageddon and the whole Dark Ages  , twice.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:29:26 AM

So many drama queens...
msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:32:09 AM

Bitcoinity seems to be down again, so I assume that means everyone else is waiting anxiously too.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:53:16 AM

It's a brilliant day. May BTC go down to 600 before the next bubble.

People who bought it at 1100 should hope it actually hits 10k, but I highly doubt next one (without sudden influx of fool's gold from get-rich-quick crowd outside of china and/or another chinese attempt at controlling prices) will get higher than 4000.

If it even gets that high - remember that cryptocurrency is a highly unstable and relatively untested concept compared to what is the norm right now. In order for it to shoot up to 10k and above, bitcoin and its kind will have to offer more than momentary lure of quick money fueled by speculators, as it was languishing in 150 before shooting to 1000 for most of 2013.

Everyone knows the primary reason for the sudden influx of capital is the chinese participation and US government interest that brought the capital and publicity to the general public.

While I do have a substantial amount of confidence in the cryptocurrency vision, I would think back to how email and internet was eventually put into a proper place among the world business - not as revolutionary and apocalyptic as some of the 'prophets' said while frothing at the mouth, but still very much significant and influential that places it amongst one of the most important events in recent history.

pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:18:44 AM

It's a brilliant day. May BTC go down to 600 before the next bubble.

It's a brilliant day if you sold at 1000$. For everyone else it is just a nightmare. Also no thank you. We don't want any more bubbles.
Just a slow and steady growth.

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:45:10 AM

Well it couldn't go straight up forever. You had to assume this crash was going to happen. The question is whether this the end of the crash or it's going back to say $300, a little above last stable point.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
pand70

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:59:45 AM

Well it couldn't go straight up forever. You had to assume this crash was going to happen. The question is whether this the end of the crash or it's going back to say $300, a little above last stable point.

No nobody had to assumed that this was going to happen. I doubt that the price would have dropped for like 50% if there was no bad news from China.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:12:05 AM

No nobody had to assumed that this was going to happen. I doubt that the price would have dropped for like 50% if there was no bad news from China.

Not that same day, but the market was looking for an excuse, any excuse to drop. It got one and responded accordingly.
N4D3B337Z

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 06:24:14 AM

So many drama queens...
Boy I tell ya  Undecided
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:30:42 AM

Completely Agree!  All indication was a steady climb. Nobody could have predicted the bad news and panic sells. The bad news was really the only thing that could cause what it did.
msc

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:35:20 AM

A 50% drop is very reasonable, compared to how much BTC has risen lately.  It's painful for the people who bought high, but it provides an opportunity for more people to buy, which should ultimately take the price higher.

Nobody could have predicted the bad news and panic sells. The bad news was really the only thing that could cause what it did.
Anyone with stock market trading experience could have predicted the drop.  Just not the exact moment.  I didn't expect it myself, but that's because I have money invested, and I want the price to stay above $1000.  But while Bitcoin may be new, the price action is nothing that hasn't been going on since the stock market of the early 1900's.
pand70

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:37:54 AM

A 50% drop is very reasonable, compared to how much BTC has risen lately.  It's painful for the people who bought high, but it provides an opportunity for more people to buy, which should ultimately take the price higher.

You think that people will buy into something that loses 50% of its value in 2 days? It will take some time and stability to see funds flowing in again.

msc

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:44:55 AM

You think that people will buy into something that loses 50% of its value in 2 days? It will take some time and stability to see funds flowing in again.
Sure, it may take some time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened quickly.  I guarantee that right now there are a lot of people who want back in.  Or, want to get in.  Whether or not they do, and when, remains to be seen.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:13:33 AM

Why do people buy lottery tickets?  Sure Bitcoin is risky and right now people are more anxious than usual because of the drop but once the price starts rising quickly again they will throw money in like crazy not wanting to be left behind.  It is just human nature. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
N4D3B337Z

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:21:38 AM

apparently time is on our side bro  Shocked
shadowninjax

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 06:45:07 AM

I too think that it will rise soon. But we never know if a good or bad news is lurking behind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: