Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high, sell low - the proven strategy that guarantees negative returns  (Read 2343 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:16:39 AM

more of a reminder that if anyone bought at a higher price that they will be selling it at - you should think about it a bit more.
nothing guarantees you a loss like a real, realized loss.

nothing has changed in the last week. the china news isn't bad no matter how you spin it. since nothing has changed keep in mind that most people who panic and sell at a loss later buy it back (after already taking a loss). if you are new then hopefully you thought about what you were doing when you bought in. think some more about realizing a loss.

it's happened many times. the results are always the same. most people who utilize the buy high sell low strategy aren't usually happy with their results.

a friendly reminder.

ok
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:23:45 AM

I can smell the fear, its all panic selling, will jump back up quickly, and a lot of people will have lost coins.
Manna

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:23:56 AM

oh a good fellow in speculation section hard to find at these times, where everyone want to have coins at 100$ ^^
Good advice and you are right from the fundamental side Wink
t1000

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:31:59 AM

If everyone thought like that, crashes would be much rarer.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
superduh (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:43:29 AM

just a reminder to  consider ignoring most of the newbs here who are being paid to talk nonsense Smiley

ok
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:44:15 AM

just a reminder to  consider ignoring most of the newbs here who are being paid to talk nonsense Smiley

People get paid to talk nonsense here? Where do I sign up?
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:46:08 AM

just a reminder to  consider ignoring most of the newbs here who are being paid to talk nonsense Smiley

People get paid to talk nonsense here? Where do I sign up?
I'm giving you half of my earnings if you inform me in time, where & how?  Roll Eyes

WE GONNA BE RICH!

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:58:12 AM

those who do nothing but trade bitcoin for profit are an enormous tax on the system. if we want the system to prevail into real world usage, this type of trading has to be eliminated from the equation. first thing to go should be trading bots. atleast make the bitches work for the money they are pulling from other peoples pockets.

that's my 2 cents.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Slipage

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:28:14 AM

early adopters that did not take profits when it was over 1k are greedy and will learn the hard way.

never buy into the hype

predicting highs and lows in this environment is pointless

newbies best to sit on the sidelines until things settle & don't believe half the dribble posted on here, most are pro bitcoin and are blinded by emotions that entails common sense decision making during rally's and sell offs

Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:49:36 AM

there have been times where i have taken a quick loss (generally minimal though) when the market moves in a way i dont expect. sometimes there is much money to be made by admitting your mistake and going with the trend presented. being stuck in a losing trade can be very tough psychologically.

superduh (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:14:24 AM

hopefully my advice at least helped someone

ok
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:45:12 AM

early adopters that did not take profits when it was over 1k are greedy and will learn the hard way.

never buy into the hype

predicting highs and lows in this environment is pointless

newbies best to sit on the sidelines until things settle & don't believe half the dribble posted on here, most are pro bitcoin and are blinded by emotions that entails common sense decision making during rally's and sell offs

What exactly will we learn the hard way?  That when we sell at $2000 we could have had half as much 2 months earlier?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
RHCwebhosting

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

more of a reminder that if anyone bought at a higher price that they will be selling it at - you should think about it a bit more.

nothing has changed in the last week. the china news isn't bad no matter how you spin it. since nothing has changed keep in mind that most people who panic and sell at a loss later buy it back (after already taking a loss). if you are new then hopefully you thought about what you were doing when you bought in. think some more about realizing a loss.

it's happened many times. the results are always the same. most people who utilize the buy high sell low strategy aren't usually happy with their results.

a friendly reminder.

Folks, just buy and hold. The emotions can cloud rational thought without warning. Take it from this guy, http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r88vl/need_advice_on_inheritance_arbitrage_family_etc/ he lost $410k in the +6000%/year biggest bull market in history because he thought he could make money daytrading.
superduh (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:09:24 PM

a friendly reminder.

Folks, just buy and hold. The emotions can cloud rational thought without warning. Take it from this guy, http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1r88vl/need_advice_on_inheritance_arbitrage_family_etc/ he lost $410k in the +6000%/year biggest bull market in history because he thought he could make money daytrading.

yes, correct.

keep in mind that most of the big investors haven't likely sold much at all and don't participate much in the day trading.
also, keep in mind that Snoop Dogg is getting into BTC now! people trust him more than the Winkelevii so just try to relax as much as possible and try to remain calm when making decisions.

ok
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:34:13 AM

dont forget the "buy back even higher"

its an essential step for maximum money burning performance!
superduh (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:58:15 PM

friendly reminder, again

ok
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:04:29 PM

Well, sometimes it's best to scrap a bad trade and take a minor loss, if it means making more money. I'm not married to a losing trade when it's clear that I've misread the market.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:17:36 PM

China just delivered a critical blow to BTC prices guys... it could take years to recover from this.
superduh (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:43:38 AM

China just delivered a critical blow to BTC prices guys... it could take years to recover from this.

years you say? i say a few months (likely 1 month) at most.

based on how bitcoin behaves every single year since it's inception.

ok
CoinGroin

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:54:57 AM

The world hasn't even seen bitcoin yet.  The Chinese merely dabbled in it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: