Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Site to get bit coins-----get-bitcoin.com/  (Read 3679 times)
as27605 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:53:52 AM

I just used this site and they have great service and sent me my coins as soon as they received the funds,, very trustworthy and nice people.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
etender

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:04:08 PM

Well, I had intended to use get-bitcoin, even sent them a gdmp, but due to issues with another xchanger, I ended up sending an empty mp.

I initially tried to use BitcoinExchange, but didn't hear back for well over 24 hours, then noticed that there had not been any chatter from them in their forum here for some time, then I emailed them and canceled the request.

I even received a confirmation my request was canceled, then I double-checked and received a second verification.

Then the nice people at get-bitcoin informed me that I had sent them an empty moneypak. I immediately opened my btc client and after a few minutes of block updating, I saw that BitcoinExchange had in fact processed my order AFTER assuring me that they had cancelled. It also appears that they took a 10% fee, though I haven't accounted for btc flucuations.

So now I look like an idiot and/or scammer to get-bitcoin. I have demanded the commision be returned to me from BitcoinExchange at the very least. I understand that they are somewhat short handed and are dealing with a high voilume of transactions, but the experience did not increase my trust in them. With my lowly newb status, I was not able to post my issue in the btcx forum.

Anyway, my point is that get-bitcoin responded very quickly after my gdmp arrived to them, and even with my issues, they were very professional. I rather wish I had discovered them before I tried to work with btcx.

I intend to use them for my next exhange if they still want to deal with me. It appears that had my mp been good, they would've got me my btc in only 3 days from the time I sent the mp, which (from my experince so far) is impressive.

Sorry, get-bitcoin, I apologize for the confusion, and I assure you I am not a scammer (and only occasionally an idiot), and you will get my business in the future, and I will report my experience here.

(One minor request that would make the process a little easier is if you didn't need the physical gdmp card, and could process the order with the mp code)
-ET

silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 01:47:56 AM

Try Forbitcoin.com and Freebitcoins.org

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
etender

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 05:25:03 PM

Checking back in to report an excellent experience with get-bitcoin.com.

It took all of 4 days, including the time for my moneypak to arrive via snail mail to get bitcoins.

I figure the mail took most of those 4 days, so honestly, the exchange was complete in less than 12 hours, maybe more like 4-6 hours.

These guys are very friendly, professional and reasonable.
This is the lowest rate I could find anywhere to buy btc via moneypak.

I cannot recommend get-bitcoin.com enough, their competence and professionalism is noticeably better than a few other competing businesses, especially after receiving unhelpful, snarky support responses from another exchange that accepted moneypaks at the time with significantly higher fees, though I see they stopped accepting mp's now.  Good riddance, they didn't seem to be very competent anyway.

Anyway, 'nuff said, I am looking forward to lots of future business with get-bitcoin.com.
(now if they just sold pecunix also, all my needs could be take care of with one exchange)

Eddy

jbw

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 10:16:34 PM

Wow... just used a moneypak on this site and got BTC in less than 30 minutes!!

I hope they stay around for a while... this was the best $ -> BTC transaction I've had yet!
turquoise9955

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 17, 2011, 03:49:17 AM

nice, thanks!
Jamiekelz

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 11:29:34 PM

Used them yesterday- just awesome!  Real easy- took my cash to the local Bank of America- deposited it, and a few hours later I got the confirmation email.  I had to wait for my block chain to fully download but once it did I got the bitcoins.  I will for sure use them again.
Choad

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 08:56:24 PM

They have an option to transfer from your bank account now.  I attempted it.  They said they'd send an e-mail with instructions how to do it, but I have yet to receive it.
tooltwisted

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 10:35:53 PM

Waiting on a deposit at a local bank, will update if they come through.
solin

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 03:18:18 AM

I used get-bitcoin for a MoneyPak -> BTC conversion before they stopped accepting MoneyPak (due to changes in the way MPs are being processed by them).  The experience was very smooth and I would definitely use them again.  I had heard about so many scams involving stolen MPs that it was refreshing to see an honest vendor doing legitimate business.

-cheers
Bricolage

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:12:32 AM

I just used this site and they have great service and sent me my coins as soon as they received the funds,, very trustworthy and nice people.

I'm willing to bet that the OP has/had something to do with the site he was bragging about. Fuck! He couldn't even title the thread correctly. Let me help him:

Re: A Great Site to get Bitcoin: get-bitcoin.com

How mother fuckin' hard was that?

Nikki the Bitch
Choad

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 04:50:26 PM

Looks like the new "pay directly with your bank account" feature requires you to sign up for Bank of America's Payment Center.  You don't have to have a BofA account, but you DO have to wait for verification deposits to your bank account.  So if you're just waiting to try it until you get your paycheck or whatever, you may want to start setting up your Payment Center account ASAP, to get the 3 days to verify the bank account won't set you back any more.
tooltwisted

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 07:47:13 PM

Received the coins a few hours ago. Really fast service.

FYI, If you are not in CT, you have to fill out an out of state deposit slip at the bank, the account is located in CT. The teller should be able to look up the other information to fill the slip.

Will definitely use again in the future. Keep it up get-bitcoin.
majorkatzen

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:07:36 PM

Grin  my first transaction with get-bitcoin was pretty flawless..I was somewhat skeptical, but after reading the reviews and looking into it a little further I gave er' a go. Wen't to the bank with my money, had the invoice texted to me so I had it right there in my pocket. Dropped the money, and by the time I got back home about 45 minutes later and checked my computer I had received my btc! Thanks for the great service!
vuli

Activity: 233

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

nice. I will try it when I will need it,.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 07:42:59 PM

So... Many... Sock Puppets...  Lips sealed
Flyers31

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

Sent $125.00 in money order and cash 6months ago. Apparently, if you send cash and money order Tom McCabe confiscates the entire amount with the explanation "I don't know how to deal with this."

THIS SERVICE IS A SCAM AND SHOULD NOT BE USED. I AM THE VICITM OF A THEFT!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: