Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think bitcoin will go up or down?
It will go up - 11 (44%)
It will go down - 14 (56%)
It will stay where it is now - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Is bitcoin starting to drop?  (Read 1567 times)
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:07:17 AM

What do you mean starting to drop. It dropped from 1250 to 650 already... If it goes any lower we are not talking about a drop but about the mother of all crashes...

Its at $750 right now, but it was expected to happen.

It was at $400 1 month ago.  $750 sounds pretty good from that perspective. Grin 

Yes, but nothings to say it wont go farther.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:08:19 AM

Although some people are saying that its going to go up and some say its going down, its 7:7 in the poll!

Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:09:09 AM

I'm hoping we're skiing down the mountain now lol. But I think it would be declining more rapidly if it was a real pop.

Right.  It feels more like a market correction than a crash.   
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:15:41 AM

A truthful question is not whether Bitcoin will rise or fall.
But how many hope that it will fall so they can buy it cheap?  Roll Eyes
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:16:24 AM

Cheesy Well I hope that it falls so that I can make more of it, not buy it for cheap. Wink

Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:21:52 AM

Cheesy Well I hope that it falls so that I can make more of it, not buy it for cheap. Wink

Yes, Make it with less difficulty. Grin   But how much do you use and hold?
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:23:02 AM

Ive lost quite a ton (1.3 BTC) betting (in the process of making it back), but right now around 0.1.

Vexatious

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:28:41 AM

These past couple of weeks feel like April to me. I started hearing for the first time about it then when the price cranked up to $250 and after a week or two fell back to around $100 (still higher than the previous high from a few months before that). I actually researched it back then and thought it had promise, so I got an account at an exchange and bought one for $100. It then did nothing for a few months and slowly began the climb to back to the $250 high that it ramped up to in April which caused all the media attention. But once the "bubble" burst, the media, as usual, lost interest and didn't mention it again until it started ramping up to $800-$900 in early November. The news latched on again, speculators came in to try and get a quick buck, it ramped up to $1000, now it will fall back but I predict will not go below the previous $250 high from April.

I WANT this to happen! If it does, the media will move on to some other distraction and forget about bitcoin and its "bubbles" for another few months and the true believers who got on board in November are still in it along with the true believers (like me) who came on board in April, but the speculators are gone and government officials will relax and focus on other crises. Leaving us free to continue to build the network in peace again and start the slow ascent back to $1000. Once it starts to climb above that, there will be another ramp up to $3000 or something and the cycle will start again and the new floor will be $1000. Etc. etc. Rinse & repeat. All the while the network is growing and adapting and expanding.

It could very well be unstoppable but it will come in cycles like this. And with every cycle, the power of bitcoin grows. It's the nature of media and their short-term/crisis driven sensationalist attention span.

What has happened before will happen again. So I predict a hard bottom of $250 within the next week or so and then some stability as it slowly climbs back up under the radar.

We can let the media giggle once again at bitcoin's "downfall" until the next "bubble" forms in, say, March when all the fancy new rigs come on-line and the media suddenly learns about bitcoin. Again.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:29:43 AM

Ive lost quite a ton (1.3 BTC) betting (in the process of making it back), but right now around 0.1.

You've lost 1.3 BTC betting as in day trading?
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:30:15 AM

No, as in Just-Dice.

Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:36:45 AM

So I predict a hard bottom of $250 within the next week or so and then some stability as it slowly climbs back up under the radar.

I don't think it can go below $600 again because too people many know they can double their money in a few months.

Unless they haven't been watching Bitcoin for long.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:39:58 AM

gonna keep dropping i think. maybe a few hundred bucks more to go.  Cool
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:42:56 AM

No, as in Just-Dice.

Bummer.  Undecided  I think Dice is designed for loss.   Start trading in Altcoins instead. You'll have a much better chance of winning and losing less. Trading Altcoins is a much better way to gamble BTC. 

Bet when it low. Sell when it's high.  Cool
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 05:44:12 AM

No, as in Just-Dice.

Bummer.  Undecided  I think Dice is designed for loss.   Start trading in Altcoins instead. You'll have a much better chance of winning and losing less. Trading Altcoins is a much better way to gamble BTC. 

Ya, well im not much of a trader. To tell the truth, I dont know the skills of trading. Ill stick with making BTC through advertising!

Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:52:23 AM

No, as in Just-Dice.

Ya, well im not much of a trader. To tell the truth, I dont know the skills of trading. Ill stick with making BTC through advertising!

That works. I am glad people are able to work for BTC.  Now if only my if local stores accepted it. Maybe one day.
nahtnam (OP)
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:04:49 AM

No, as in Just-Dice.

That works. I am glad people are able to work for BTC.  Now if only my if local stores accepted it. Maybe one day.

That might be a little tough, but making a debit card that takes charges your coinbase account (or whatever) would be just as good! Smiley

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:58:00 PM

I'm hoping we're skiing down the mountain now lol. But I think it would be declining more rapidly if it was a real pop.

More rapidly than -50% in two days? I don't think that it can get more rapid than that. The thing is what's going to happen from now on.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: