Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 10:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A casascius/BTC Gold Rogers style One Piece?  (Read 690 times)
7Priest7 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:51:27 AM

I've never had the good fortune to own a casascius physical BTC.

It would be really cool if somebody(with more rep than me)
created a Gold Rogers style One Piece
with a huge amount of BTC loaded on it.

I would propose doing it as a way to promote BTC and possibly get lots of people excited/informed.

The ideal way to do it is VIA Donations from other BitCoin fans interested in helping it grow.

Once a set amount of BTC is obtained(via donations?) they would be loaded into a physical btc(casascius or custom) then hidden in whatever state the organizer of this event lives in.
Only clue to the BTCOne Piece would be the state/country that it is hidden in.

Hopefully at that point traditional news outlets would run a story about this incredibly valuable modern day hidden treasure.

I would love to be the one to organize it, I doubt anybody would trust/donate to me.
So, Anybody with more rep in the bitcoin community willing to take up/refine/execute this idea?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:32:32 AM

unfortunately, the creater/hider of the coin would have no incentive to actually hide it, or to not come back for it a month later under a different sudonym and claim they found it.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4605

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:34:09 AM

there is a physical bitcoin at a museum in the UK. people have added to it, just for the fact that it is securely stored and that the owner (the museum) is a known entity in the real world that believes more in making history then making money

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122274.msg1315533#msg1315533

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
7Priest7 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:04:17 AM

people have added to it, just for the fact that it is securely stored and that the owner (the museum) is a known entity in the real world that believes more in making history then making money.

A night or two ago I was heavily considering putting all my BTC in a physical coin and hiding it,
I've only managed to accumulate 0.13567825BTC, think anybody would bother looking for it?

All my BTC came from mining/etc., I have been unable to find a reasonable/easy method of buying BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: