Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:00:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Issues - Stealing Your Bitcoins???  (Read 741 times)
JustOne (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:08:27 AM

I'm basically just blowing off steam, here. Figured some others may want to join.

4 hours ago I was trying to complete a 1.5 BTC transaction with another party from my Coinbase app which has built in wallets. Oddly, I got an error message saying error, it could not be sent. So I tried again. No luck so I scrounged up 1.5 BTC I luckily stored on another mobile wallet (risky stuff, I know). Well, 3 hours later I open Coinbase and see two 1.5 pending transactions had just started, destined for the same address from earlier. I'm hoping the other party is honest enough to return it. Hmmm.

I get worried when basic software makes such huge mistakes like this and inothers in Coinbase's app.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:58:00 AM

That is indeed worrying, we need the tech interfaces to be flawless and seamless...
Hope you get yr btc back

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:26:47 PM

I'm basically just blowing off steam, here. Figured some others may want to join.

4 hours ago I was trying to complete a 1.5 BTC transaction with another party from my Coinbase app which has built in wallets. Oddly, I got an error message saying error, it could not be sent. So I tried again. No luck so I scrounged up 1.5 BTC I luckily stored on another mobile wallet (risky stuff, I know). Well, 3 hours later I open Coinbase and see two 1.5 pending transactions had just started, destined for the same address from earlier. I'm hoping the other party is honest enough to return it. Hmmm.

I get worried when basic software makes such huge mistakes like this and inothers in Coinbase's app.

Nasty. I suppose actual functional ineptitude can be added to their long-documented selective scamming practices.

Learn to WoT, stop subjecting yourself to this nonsense (and supporting their continuation in the meanwhile, y'know?).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
JustOne (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:22:34 AM

Thanks, I'll look into WoT. I'm currently working on a local face-to-face network, and a bit of hope here, my contact returned my message and said he would return them the next day. I'll believe it when I see it.

But, back to Coinbase. Obviously the pending transactions did get confirmed. Noo! I have had no response from them in almost 24 hours, but I expect them to take a day or two from past experience.
axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 07:01:50 PM

Thanks, I'll look into WoT. I'm currently working on a local face-to-face network, and a bit of hope here, my contact returned my message and said he would return them the next day. I'll believe it when I see it.

But, back to Coinbase. Obviously the pending transactions did get confirmed. Noo! I have had no response from them in almost 24 hours, but I expect them to take a day or two from past experience.

coinbase a day or two??? LOL good luck.. try 2-3 weeks.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
JustOne (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:39:01 AM

For the record, as of 12/17 7:30PM PST, the full 3.0 BTC were returned by the other party (that was awhile ago) and no response from Coinbase. Beware Coinbase's wallet client.
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:15:26 AM

I was shorted on an order Dec 6th and sent an email. My account balance reflects the coin is there so they must have fixed/filled the missing coin but I never received a reply to the email.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: