Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:21:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where the hell is Max Kaiser and the Winkelvass twins??  (Read 9105 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:17:04 AM

Where art thou oh saviors of bitcoin?? I need some assurance!!  Huh

I put in all my savings a few weeks ago when BTC was $680... it almost doubled and now im back in the negative and it's falling FAST!! Should I panic? Anyone selling?

My gut tells me to just hold it but I have the worst luck with money and investing so i dunno... Im afraid im gonna lose everything like I did in the stock market. Im sooo glad i didnt invest my dad's money in it. Fuck what the hell is going on?? I wish Max would talk about bitcoins again Sad

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:24:06 AM

You should not have put your life savings to anything, there is allways thing called Black Swan. BUT calm down, in a year or two you will have a nice gain like those people who bought at 150$ and had to wait half a year to see 1000$.
invisiblehand

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:26:05 AM

Read more about BTC and you will feel better.  See dropping prices as buying opportunities rather than selling points.

It will go up.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:26:14 AM

Jesus man, Bitcoin is an extremely volatile investment prone to massive swings in price. Why the hell would you invest everything? We don't even have reasonable models to determine fair market value for the utility set of the Bitcoin feature set much less a rough idea. Also any change in regulation can either massive inflate or deflate the price. And what if a new CC comes out with a better feature set in reaction to something like lost fungibility? In summary, you did a very dumb thing and stop blaming other people for your mistake.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:26:40 AM

The eggs and the baskets ...
Anyway, hold a bit and see what happens.
If you are planing long term most likely you will get profit.
Good luck!
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:29:59 AM

The eggs and the baskets ...
Anyway, hold a bit and see what happens.
If you are planing long term most likely you will get profit.
Good luck!

THis is good for the longevity of bitcoin. It allows more people to buy in. Everyone has seen what it can do, so there should be more hoarders in the long run, and the price will keep going up.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:36:49 AM

Jesus man, Bitcoin is an extremely volatile investment prone to massive swings in price. Why the hell would you invest everything? We don't even have reasonable models to determine fair market value for the utility set of the Bitcoin feature set much less a rough idea. Also any change in regulation can either massive inflate or deflate the price. And what if a new CC comes out with a better feature set in reaction to something like lost fungibility? In summary, you did a very dumb thing and stop blaming other people for your mistake.

Well in response to the other posts I DO think bitcoins are revolutionary and a series of speculative bubbles. With only 21 million coins being available and with demand increasing every year isn't it common sense that the value will go up? Granted there are no flaws and no major event that kills bitcoins (the Baidu shit can't be enough). I don't believe in all the rubbish people produce with charts showing bubbles and patterns. If there is ANY pattern/trend that is true to bitcoins, it's that the price has always been increasing

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:37:15 AM

At least you didn't sink that $1,000,000 from your father into it yet. haha

This is your shot!

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:40:49 AM

You should not have put your life savings to anything, there is allways thing called Black Swan. BUT calm down, in a year or two you will have a nice gain like those people who bought at 150$ and had to wait half a year to see 1000$.

no worries, his dad is probably a multi millionaire from the UAE or something. maybe he put his life sAvings into BTC, but it seems like he might be just fine even if it all went down the drain.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:50:09 AM

Re: Where the hell is Max Kaiser and the Winkelvass twins??

Being quiet while they buy the dip.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
richo262

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:54:23 AM

I put in all my savings a few weeks ago when BTC was $680... it almost doubled and now im back in the negative and it's falling FAST!! Should I panic? Anyone selling?

My gut tells me to just hold it but I have the worst luck with money and investing so i dunno... Im afraid im gonna lose everything like I did in the stock market. Im sooo glad i didnt invest my dad's money in it. Fuck what the hell is going on?? I wish Max would talk about bitcoins again Sad

Max and the twins are probably on a yacht surrounded by strippers and pinball machines.

There is too much negative pressure at the moment, judging by the charts it will probably keep dropping to $400 - $500. After that, I'll be buying more.

If it drops below $300, then the worry would be that another altcoin has the possibility to take the mantle.

I see to much investment in bitcoin to see it fail, I'm sure you'll be in the green soon enough. We are seeing bad news effecting a market. You can't honestly think that when the US goes into another shutdown as they discuss printing more fiat to satisfy their fiat debt that bitcoin won't go up again. Sounds harsh but the more global governments shoot themselves in the foot, the greater things like gold, silver, bitcoin will get.

But yes, throwing your life savings into any volatile market was stupid.

As a rule, if you buy something for $600 and your lucky to see it go to $1200, you sell when you see the start of negative pressure and you restore your previous 'fiat wealth', with the profit you wait out the negative pressure until you start to see signs of positive and you reinvest it.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:55:38 AM

Do not panic. That's what the masses do and screw the currencies. Just have patience.
Bitcoin has had the same situation some months ago.

Just sit on your bitcoins. In 2 months you'll be rich.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:08:14 AM

Well in response to the other posts I DO think bitcoins are revolutionary and a series of speculative bubbles. With only 21 million coins being available and with demand increasing every year isn't it common sense that the value will go up? Granted there are no flaws and no major event that kills bitcoins (the Baidu shit can't be enough). I don't believe in all the rubbish people produce with charts showing bubbles and patterns. If there is ANY pattern/trend that is true to bitcoins, it's that the price has always been increasing

This is just shear idiocy. No there isn't a law that states the Bitcoin Network must appreciate in value. Also it can be replaced at any time by a new payment network with superior features. Do you have any data on usage and demand for coins? Do you have any data on the hoarding behavior or the users? No, you're just making an overly simplistic assumption almost as wrong as Homer's belief about stock ownership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQI___0B00M.

Bitcoin is the first of a group of technologies that will eventually change the way global finance works. There is no law to force Bitcoin to be the technology that receives all the value. It is the first. Feathercoin with enough devs could actually beat Bitcoin.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
beetcoin

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:10:00 AM

Where art thou oh saviors of bitcoin?? I need some assurance!!  Huh

Do not panic. That's what the masses do and screw the currencies. Just have patience.

or in 2 weeks you'll have lost more money. no one knows what's going to happen, and anyone who pretends to is just fooling you. in this game, you are the one to make your bed.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:13:04 AM

The future is unknown. It's never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

richo262

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:16:32 AM

This is just shear idiocy. No there isn't a law that states the Bitcoin Network must appreciate in value. Also it can be replaced at any time by a new payment network with superior features. Do you have any data on usage and demand for coins? Do you have any data on the hoarding behavior or the users? No, you're just making an overly simplistic assumption almost as wrong as Homer's belief about stock ownership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQI___0B00M.

Bitcoin is the first of a group of technologies that will eventually change the way global finance works. There is no law to force Bitcoin to be the technology that receives all the value. It is the first. Feathercoin with enough devs could actually beat Bitcoin.

Technically its difficulty is its appreciation.

Like all assets it has a perceived value (the speculative side) and its base value (cost to make).

For instance, if gold fell below $1000oz, and if the reports on gold extraction costing roughly $1000 an oz are true, then the base value of gold is 1000oz, the fact it sells for 1200oz is due to its 200 perceived value ontop of the 1000 base.

If it fell below the $1000 mark it would be hoarded as nobody would sell.

With bitcoin, if it stayed below the value of all the mining gear and power bills (the base value) it will probably stop being mined in mass, and won't be sold at a loss. This will open up altcoins though.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:27:39 AM

So you are saying it will change the way global finance works... and it will do that by not increasing its current market cap? Just lol..

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:34:31 AM

Thank you, we have some notion of fundamentals here finally. The value of a bitcoin needs to be somewhat related to the cost of production + the perceived utility it provides + speculation of future value - (risks + FUD factors). Demand from commerce has some play in this model, but it's currently impossible to know. Bitcoin makes a very poor currency right now. So far a wonderful store of value, but a terrible currency. Thus I don't suspect we will see a lot coins used for commerce until either the market stabilizes with high liquidity and low volatility (probably never going to happen because the supply constraints always force unstable equilibria) or  if we have a derivate cryptocurrency like mastercoin that allows for assets somehow pegged to a fiat standard.

What's the conclusion? The mass appreciation in price has come from speculation and thus the price WILL BE HIGHLY VOLATILE!  

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:35:46 AM

or in 2 weeks you'll have lost more money. no one knows what's going to happen, and anyone who pretends to is just fooling you. in this game, you are the one to make your bed.
How about everyone calms the f down? : )

In the past week, in the US people were celebrating different things. Then another 2 big things shocked the masses.
Masses started to sell BTC>Fiat, which means it's reasonable. X-mass is coming, people withdraw fiat to buy gifts for their lovely ones.

Whenever I see people panicking I wanna hit myself in the face. But from the other side, I manipulate those sheep and get my gains in a small period of time..

So, thanks everyone who sold under $700. Luv y'all.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:36:02 AM

So you are saying it will change the way global finance works... and it will do that by not increasing its current market cap? Just lol..

Napster changed the way file sharing works and tell me how many files did you download with napster today? How many Aliweb searches did you do today? How many lines of Smalltalk code did you write? How's Mosaic working for you? Just because a technology changes the way the world works doesn't mean it happens to be the final technology. Bitcoin could be the napster to a new CC that becomes bittorrent. Stop being stupid.

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:46:17 AM

Napster changed the way file sharing works and tell me how many files did you download with napster today? How many Aliweb searches did you do today? How many lines of Smalltalk code did you write? How's Mosaic working for you? Just because a technology changes the way the world works doesn't mean it happens to be the final technology. Bitcoin could be the napster to a new CC that becomes bittorrent. Stop being stupid.

And that's why i said UNLESS SOMETHING MAJOR HAPPENS THAT KILLS BTC.... AKA BEING REPLACED BY ANOTHER CC YOU MORON

(Don't worry im just kidding)

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Swapster

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:48:45 AM

I cut my losses… back to where I was in Sept. Hoping for a two digit crash now… Bitcoin less than $100 would be a good time to buy and hold.
techstorm2

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:10:56 AM

If its savings then presumably its money you dont need right now. Think of it as a savings plan with a 2-5 year lock in. Over this time frame if btc succeeds you'll be minted. Dont dont dont panic sell on the 1 st sign of a correction.

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:24:28 AM

Reason for drop explained at the following linked thread:

So apparently 80% realize and up to 20% are willing to panic.

So this is how the concentration of ownership in Bitcoin possibly increases, as the weak hands pass it to the strong hands.

Yes.  This is how pigs get slaughtered. Smiley

The bold text applies to everyone who sold during this dip.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:58:38 AM

The normal , sensible people around the world are starting to wake up and take advantage of this ripe picking. I wouldn't worry too much! I will eat my own wallet if I am wrong!

Edit: I forgot to mention this wallet will be made of cake.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:03:57 AM

Hold it. This is how Bitcoin grows. When there is a spike or milestone (1,10,100,1000,etc) in the value it will always fall after.

ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:34:17 AM

Each crash makes bitcoin more affordable to new people who have been watching. e.g. I got into bitcoin at $2 after seeing it crash from $30. This is all good and it's going to be the same at $10k although probably less so.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:20:07 AM

your fine

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Bitsurprise

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:22:57 AM

Early adopters of any pyramid scheme usually disappears and enjoy the profits they have made after cashing out ...
turnin

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:26:21 AM

Each crash makes bitcoin more affordable to new people who have been watching. e.g. I got into bitcoin at $2 after seeing it crash from $30. This is all good and it's going to be the same at $10k although probably less so.

agreed, what many people who are panicking don't get is that regardless of what it converts to in fiat , no government, no bank, no company and no one can control bitcoin, they can't print more of it and just on that basis alone it will always be worth something. Governements and financial institutions must be doing seriously large poos and it wouldn't surprise me if the US launched it's own internet currency to try to kill it, but.... that wont work either because bitcoin has promise, loads of promise and in the long term it will deliver. I got in at 15 , I'm not worried , in fact I'm enjoying the ride

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2616

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:30:08 AM

If you sell now you will have definitely lost money. Ride it out. Only fools panic-sell. They are largely responsible for this 'crash'.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:37:09 AM

most people dont have plans or rules for their investments, and thats why panic sells (ie crashes) happen, have a plan, apply it consistently, for instance have a rule which says by all means sell at the "Top" but only once a falling market is confirmed to be happening, but if you dont get to it before it falls to a certain predetermined level, then DO NOT SELL at all, because its too late to

XBBlade

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:42:58 AM

What do you expect, it went from 400$ to 1000$ in a week, opposite can happen as well. Just relax. It will go up eventually
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:44:11 AM

Who are the "Winkelvass" twins?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Light

Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:52:36 AM

I believe he is referring to these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winklevoss_twins. They are known to have splurged quite a lot on buying some BTC back when it was at around the ~$100 mark I think from memory, although you may want to check some older news articles for the exact time and figures. I'm not sure if their intention is to cash out big or wait for the time being hoping for widespread adoption..
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:17:31 AM

You may know them from "the social network" film
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:56:26 AM

If its savings then presumably its money you dont need right now. Think of it as a savings plan with a 2-5 year lock in. Over this time frame if btc succeeds you'll be minted. Dont dont dont panic sell on the 1 st sign of a correction.

Yup, I don't really need it right now and I wanted to take a chance of it growing in the next year or two. Thanks for the advice everyone. I wasn't planning to sell anyway. I'm in the new wave of BTC owners so this is my first "crash" but i've learned enough by now that this happens and a sure way to lose is to sell at a loss. I still have hopes of BTC reaching a new height in 2014.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance

Those russian twins from that movie The Social Network

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
|Fr0sty|

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:57:49 AM

Your have problems if you take investment advice from Max Keiser. I remember that trick jumping up and down, foaming at the mouth on RT when BTC market capitalization hit 4 billion, telling people to sell their kidneys and invest in coin. Two days later it crashed and he was nowhere to be heard of until it was on the rise again much later.

I don't take advice from anyone who appears on the Alex Jones show, that's a good rule of thumb.

Do your due diligence before you put your money on the table.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:21:40 PM

I believe he is referring to these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winklevoss_twins. They are known to have splurged quite a lot on buying some BTC back when it was at around the ~$100 mark I think from memory, although you may want to check some older news articles for the exact time and figures. I'm not sure if their intention is to cash out big or wait for the time being hoping for widespread adoption..
I know who the Winklevoss twins are, not the Winkelvass.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

Yup, I don't really need it right now and I wanted to take a chance of it growing in the next year or two. Thanks for the advice everyone. I wasn't planning to sell anyway. I'm in the new wave of BTC owners so this is my first "crash" but i've learned enough by now that this happens and a sure way to lose is to sell at a loss. I still have hopes of BTC reaching a new height in 2014.

They're American, not Russian.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:45:51 PM

I know who the Winklevoss twins are, not the Winkelvass.

People tend to miss sarcasm.  :-)

Like the "your fine" message up thread:  what, so this person was fined for something?  Grin
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:48:16 PM

They looked Russian in the movie... maybe their ancestors were

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:51:41 PM

Put your weak hands down your pants and stfu. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onqG5OqiilA

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 01:37:20 PM

They looked Russian in the movie... maybe their ancestors were

Ah, that's racist lol. And they were played by an American actor in the movie, but according to IMDB he is of "Russian Jewish, Russian, English, Scots-Irish, and remote Cherokee descent".

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▀██
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 01:44:21 PM

Once again: never invest anything you cannot afford to loose.  First and foremost invest in yourself and set yourself up so that you are safe come what may:

#1 Invest in yourself - education etc so that you can bring in a good income
#2 Pay off all debt
#3 Lay in a store of food, clothing, tools, and all the other stuff you use on a daily basis.  3 months worth minimum.  1 to 2 years best.  This protects you from inflation 'cause you use all this stuff anyway.  If there is a major disaster this store could make you the wealthiest man in town.
#4 ONLY when you reach the point where you have excess - diversify into liquid investments ie BTC, Gold, Silver, Cash.
$5 Always continue to improve yourself, health, career, family life, friends, etc.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

you should sell.  Roll Eyes

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2013, 03:45:34 PM by Dafar

Once again: never invest anything you cannot afford to loose.  First and foremost invest in yourself and set yourself up so that you are safe come what may:

#1 Invest in yourself - education etc so that you can bring in a good income
#2 Pay off all debt
#3 Lay in a store of food, clothing, tools, and all the other stuff you use on a daily basis.  3 months worth minimum.  1 to 2 years best.  This protects you from inflation 'cause you use all this stuff anyway.  If there is a major disaster this store could make you the wealthiest man in town.
#4 ONLY when you reach the point where you have excess - diversify into liquid investments ie BTC, Gold, Silver, Cash.
$5 Always continue to improve yourself, health, career, family life, friends, etc.

Great advice on 1, 2 and 5, i agree

you should sell.  Roll Eyes

We buy 2gether we sell 2gether bad boyz 4 lyfe!  Wink

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIP4YGXo8Nk&feature=share

Max came through for me Smiley

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:46:34 PM

I would keep buying in the 700's. in 2 weeks it will be over 1,000
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:22:20 PM

Like others said , never invest all your savings into one thing. Especially not something as violatile as bitcoin.

As far as should you dump it or not... that depends what your intentions were. were you looking to invest only for a few days or a week in hopes to make a quick buck ?  or did you invest because you think long term (years from now) bitcoin is going to be a common everyday thing people use in society.

If you're just looking for a quick buck you might want to just cut your losses and get out now because bitcoin is still way too volitle for people looking for a "quick" buck to be able to stomach the ups and downs.

If your betting on the long term future of bitcoin ,  sure hold onto it and make a decision sometime in the next decade.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:25:09 PM

Look every day 3 times on my calendar for 2014 and you will regain your self confidence.
I created exactly for people like you.
Read Cryptogenesis also at least once a day https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=340892.msg3653858#msg3653858.
Before the calendar expires Bitcoin will be over 10 000 $, you will see it.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
mateo

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:07:13 AM

I put in all my savings a few weeks ago when BTC was $680...

I really hope you're a troll. If not then I don't feel bad for you for being dumb and greedy.

BTC to the moon!
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:40:23 AM

I really hope you're a troll. If not then I don't feel bad for you for being dumb and greedy.

Why am I dumb and greedy?

It is my savings but on another hand i don't really have any debts so it's money that I can afford to risk. It would either sit in my bank account or have a chance of doubling or tripling in the BTC market. I don't have any kids, I'm making my own money and I'm single.. I figured this is the best and only time I can take risks like this. I mean, you don't make big money by playing it safe. I want a chance at making big money. I know this sounds greedy and as if I think Bitcoins are a "get rich quick" scheme, but I'm really understanding the value and benefits it will provide, and I think 2014 will be a good year for bitcoins. I still think it is at a very early stage and undervalued right now. The greedy test will come into play when the price goes up a lot, and I keep holding hoping it will go up even more... I need to figure out exactly when I should back out and keep my profits, and then invest again with a much lower risk to my overall net worth. Does that sound stupid to you? If so, we're just different kinds of people.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Herp

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:52:45 AM

It is my savings but on another hand i don't really have any debts so it's money that I can afford to risk. It would either sit in my bank account or have a chance of doubling or tripling in the BTC market. I don't have any kids, I'm making my own money and I'm single.. I figured this is the best and only time I can take risks like this. I mean, you don't make big money by playing it safe. I want a chance at making big money. I know this sounds greedy and as if I think Bitcoins are a "get rich quick" scheme, but I'm really understanding the value and benefits it will provide, and I think 2014 will be a good year for bitcoins. I still think it is at a very early stage and undervalued right now. The greedy test will come into play when the price goes up a lot, and I keep holding hoping it will go up even more... I need to figure out exactly when I should back out and keep my profits, and then invest again with a much lower risk to my overall net worth. Does that sound stupid to you? If so, we're just different kinds of people.

You can just take some off the table and diversify into stocks or something. Rare earths or 3d printing are some interesting alternatives.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:58:44 AM

You can just take some off the table and diversify into stocks or something. Rare earths or 3d printing are some interesting alternatives.

I still have money in the stock market from 2009... which has been reduced in half since then. They were all bad decisions on my part and I'm not a fan of the stock market. If I lost half of my money for a potential 10x return I wouldnt care as much, but that kind of reward is rarely seen with stocks in the short term so I feel like the risk was not worth it at all.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Herp

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

I still have money in the stock market from 2009... which has been reduced in half since then. They were all bad decisions on my part and I'm not a fan of the stock market. If I lost half of my money for a potential 10x return I wouldnt care as much, but that kind of reward is rarely seen with stocks in the short term so I feel like the risk was not worth it at all.

Depends very much on the stocks. There are good companies and shit companies. Many trade much higher than they were back in 2009.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:11:48 AM

Both the Max Kaiser and the Winkelvoss twins gave BTC much needed publicity a few months ago and Bitcoiners should not forget that in all of a sudden. Those who had invested in the Winklevoss BTC ETF are currently sitting at 600% net gain, despite yesterday's crash. So no hard feelings towards them.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:37:34 AM

Why would you invest your savings and then sell everything right when it drops? If investing were as easy as putting money in and watching it increase then everyone would be doing it, you should of done more research before you invested your life savings into such an unstable currency.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:39:56 AM

Both the Max Kaiser and the Winkelvoss twins gave BTC much needed publicity a few months ago and Bitcoiners should not forget that in all of a sudden. Those who had invested in the Winklevoss BTC ETF are currently sitting at 600% net gain, despite yesterday's crash. So no hard feelings towards them.

How can you invest in the Winklevoss EFT right now? It's not public yet right.

On another note, one of my biggest concerns is that someone like Winkelvoss or Max holding a shit ton of BTCs will sell them all and cause the overall price to plummet. But I think there's still a long way to go before they would consider doing that.

Why would you invest your savings and then sell everything right when it drops? If investing were as easy as putting money in and watching it increase then everyone would be doing it, you should of done more research before you invested your life savings into such an unstable currency.

What do you mean sell everything right when it drops? I haven't sold anything yet, I am expecting it to reach a certain level before I sell

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
lindatess

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:47:09 AM

They probably sold out and scammed you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40xyqt0DidY

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:08:21 AM

How can you invest in the Winklevoss EFT right now? It's not public yet right.

On another note, one of my biggest concerns is that someone like Winkelvoss or Max holding a shit ton of BTCs will sell them all and cause the overall price to plummet. But I think there's still a long way to go before they would consider doing that.

I think there were some more initial investors besides the Winkelvii for the ETF.

I don't think they'll sell their coins in the short term. They have clarified it many times. The coins will be held on for long term.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:06:21 AM

They are busy manipulating the market to buy cheap coins

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:33:03 PM

They bought the coins when the BTC was trading against the USD at $100. Why should they buy more , especially at $800 levels? An intelligent person would be doing profit booking right now.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:47:20 PM

They bought the coins when the BTC was trading against the USD at $100. Why should they buy more , especially at $800 levels? An intelligent person would be doing profit booking right now.

they want moar  Grin

BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:02:02 PM

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

― Warren Buffett

beetcoin

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:07:08 PM

“Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.”

― Warren Buffett

even if you are know what you are doing, nothing is guaranteed. you could end up losing your entire savings. if you are a professional investor, i guess the case would be different (ie: warren buffet).
Herp

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:08:30 PM

― Warren Buffett

even if you are know what you are doing, nothing is guaranteed. you could end up losing your entire savings. if you are a professional investor, i guess the case would be different (ie: warren buffet).

No it wouldn't be actually. It was the same Warren Buffett who said that if someone handed him a revolver with 1 bullet he would never pull the trigger regardless of how much money he could make. There's still a chance you could lose everything. He was talking about Solomon and how those guys lost everything because they thought were smarter than they were.

Just look at the recent debacle involving boy genius arrogant Bill Ackman who got fried for thinking he was unbeatable and got wiped out basically on the Herbalife and JC Penney deals.

I don't believe you should diversify into dozens of places, but you shouldn't bet the house on just one horse no matter how good the odds. People make mistakes and no one can foresee the future.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

― Warren Buffett

Too bad nearly all the altcoins are tied to BTC, and end up dropping with BTC as well.
mateo

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:02:11 AM

For investing life savings into one of the riskiest investments.
But mostly for using BTC as a "get rich quick" scheme. I happen to use Bitcoins mostly for buying and selling real stuff, and price volatility caused by speculators like you are a major pain in the ass with using BTC as a currency right now.

BTC to the moon!
ashaw596

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:42:25 AM

I invested my life savings too. Then again. I'm in college and I could afford to lose the $3000 I put in from my summer job....
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:10:03 PM

Bump

CRASH #2 THIS MONTH IS HERE... and this one looks bad!!

Where art thou oh great Max Kaiser, Andreas Antonopoulos and Winkelvii twins form the movie "The Social Network" we need your reassurance that bitcoin will survive!

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BitJock-e

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:12:31 PM

Where art thou oh great Max Kaiser, Andreas Antonopoulos and Winkelvii twins form the movie "The Social Network" we need your reassurance that bitcoin will survive!

If you need constant assurance from other people, you should not be in bitcoin.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:25:08 PM

The Winklevii also lost money (on paper) because Cameron said in his recent Reddit AMA that he has not sold any of his Bitcoins up till now (I am assuming the same is true for his brother) and made a reference to the Hold Spartans meme. They are confident in Bitcoin's future in the long term.

"I have yet to sell a single bitcoin." -- winky_pop AKA Cameron Winklevoss

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1swnnl/i_am_cameron_winklevoss_and_i_love_me_some/ce1ylfv

"Holding, Spartans hold. No, my crystal ball is broken ATM." -- winky_pop AKA Cameron Winklevoss

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1swnnl/i_am_cameron_winklevoss_and_i_love_me_some/ce1ysgx

Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

Haha, that's an amazing picture to go with it...

In the end, investing all of what you've got in Bitcoin (or in any other 1 investment), as the op did, is pretty crazy. It's not as much about diversification as it's about being somewhat safe.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:49:54 AM

If you need constant assurance from other people, you should not be in bitcoin.

im just kidding man, relax

but I would love to hear form them right now, they are mostl vocal when bitcoins are doing well

Haha, that's an amazing picture to go with it...

In the end, investing all of what you've got in Bitcoin (or in any other 1 investment), as the op did, is pretty crazy. It's not as much about diversification as it's about being somewhat safe.

Well all my friends say I'm crazy so makes sense

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:11:07 AM

im just kidding man, relax

but I would love to hear form them right now, they are mostl vocal when bitcoins are doing well

You wish is granted:

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-538-max-keiser-443

In the second half of the show Max Keiser and Bill Still talk about Quarkcoin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: