Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where the hell is Max Kaiser and the Winkelvass twins??  (Read 9105 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:17:04 AM

Where art thou oh saviors of bitcoin?? I need some assurance!!  Huh

I put in all my savings a few weeks ago when BTC was $680... it almost doubled and now im back in the negative and it's falling FAST!! Should I panic? Anyone selling?

My gut tells me to just hold it but I have the worst luck with money and investing so i dunno... Im afraid im gonna lose everything like I did in the stock market. Im sooo glad i didnt invest my dad's money in it. Fuck what the hell is going on?? I wish Max would talk about bitcoins again Sad

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:24:06 AM

You should not have put your life savings to anything, there is allways thing called Black Swan. BUT calm down, in a year or two you will have a nice gain like those people who bought at 150$ and had to wait half a year to see 1000$.
invisiblehand

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:26:05 AM

Read more about BTC and you will feel better.  See dropping prices as buying opportunities rather than selling points.

It will go up.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:26:14 AM

Jesus man, Bitcoin is an extremely volatile investment prone to massive swings in price. Why the hell would you invest everything? We don't even have reasonable models to determine fair market value for the utility set of the Bitcoin feature set much less a rough idea. Also any change in regulation can either massive inflate or deflate the price. And what if a new CC comes out with a better feature set in reaction to something like lost fungibility? In summary, you did a very dumb thing and stop blaming other people for your mistake.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
raskolnikovx

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:26:40 AM

The eggs and the baskets ...
Anyway, hold a bit and see what happens.
If you are planing long term most likely you will get profit.
Good luck!
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:29:59 AM

The eggs and the baskets ...
Anyway, hold a bit and see what happens.
If you are planing long term most likely you will get profit.
Good luck!

THis is good for the longevity of bitcoin. It allows more people to buy in. Everyone has seen what it can do, so there should be more hoarders in the long run, and the price will keep going up.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:36:49 AM

Jesus man, Bitcoin is an extremely volatile investment prone to massive swings in price. Why the hell would you invest everything? We don't even have reasonable models to determine fair market value for the utility set of the Bitcoin feature set much less a rough idea. Also any change in regulation can either massive inflate or deflate the price. And what if a new CC comes out with a better feature set in reaction to something like lost fungibility? In summary, you did a very dumb thing and stop blaming other people for your mistake.

Well in response to the other posts I DO think bitcoins are revolutionary and a series of speculative bubbles. With only 21 million coins being available and with demand increasing every year isn't it common sense that the value will go up? Granted there are no flaws and no major event that kills bitcoins (the Baidu shit can't be enough). I don't believe in all the rubbish people produce with charts showing bubbles and patterns. If there is ANY pattern/trend that is true to bitcoins, it's that the price has always been increasing

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:37:15 AM

At least you didn't sink that $1,000,000 from your father into it yet. haha

This is your shot!

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:40:49 AM

You should not have put your life savings to anything, there is allways thing called Black Swan. BUT calm down, in a year or two you will have a nice gain like those people who bought at 150$ and had to wait half a year to see 1000$.

no worries, his dad is probably a multi millionaire from the UAE or something. maybe he put his life sAvings into BTC, but it seems like he might be just fine even if it all went down the drain.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:50:09 AM

Re: Where the hell is Max Kaiser and the Winkelvass twins??

Being quiet while they buy the dip.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
richo262

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:54:23 AM

I put in all my savings a few weeks ago when BTC was $680... it almost doubled and now im back in the negative and it's falling FAST!! Should I panic? Anyone selling?

My gut tells me to just hold it but I have the worst luck with money and investing so i dunno... Im afraid im gonna lose everything like I did in the stock market. Im sooo glad i didnt invest my dad's money in it. Fuck what the hell is going on?? I wish Max would talk about bitcoins again Sad

Max and the twins are probably on a yacht surrounded by strippers and pinball machines.

There is too much negative pressure at the moment, judging by the charts it will probably keep dropping to $400 - $500. After that, I'll be buying more.

If it drops below $300, then the worry would be that another altcoin has the possibility to take the mantle.

I see to much investment in bitcoin to see it fail, I'm sure you'll be in the green soon enough. We are seeing bad news effecting a market. You can't honestly think that when the US goes into another shutdown as they discuss printing more fiat to satisfy their fiat debt that bitcoin won't go up again. Sounds harsh but the more global governments shoot themselves in the foot, the greater things like gold, silver, bitcoin will get.

But yes, throwing your life savings into any volatile market was stupid.

As a rule, if you buy something for $600 and your lucky to see it go to $1200, you sell when you see the start of negative pressure and you restore your previous 'fiat wealth', with the profit you wait out the negative pressure until you start to see signs of positive and you reinvest it.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 06:55:38 AM

Do not panic. That's what the masses do and screw the currencies. Just have patience.
Bitcoin has had the same situation some months ago.

Just sit on your bitcoins. In 2 months you'll be rich.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:08:14 AM

Well in response to the other posts I DO think bitcoins are revolutionary and a series of speculative bubbles. With only 21 million coins being available and with demand increasing every year isn't it common sense that the value will go up? Granted there are no flaws and no major event that kills bitcoins (the Baidu shit can't be enough). I don't believe in all the rubbish people produce with charts showing bubbles and patterns. If there is ANY pattern/trend that is true to bitcoins, it's that the price has always been increasing

This is just shear idiocy. No there isn't a law that states the Bitcoin Network must appreciate in value. Also it can be replaced at any time by a new payment network with superior features. Do you have any data on usage and demand for coins? Do you have any data on the hoarding behavior or the users? No, you're just making an overly simplistic assumption almost as wrong as Homer's belief about stock ownership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQI___0B00M.

Bitcoin is the first of a group of technologies that will eventually change the way global finance works. There is no law to force Bitcoin to be the technology that receives all the value. It is the first. Feathercoin with enough devs could actually beat Bitcoin.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:10:00 AM

Where art thou oh saviors of bitcoin?? I need some assurance!!  Huh

Do not panic. That's what the masses do and screw the currencies. Just have patience.

or in 2 weeks you'll have lost more money. no one knows what's going to happen, and anyone who pretends to is just fooling you. in this game, you are the one to make your bed.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:13:04 AM

The future is unknown. It's never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

richo262

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:16:32 AM

This is just shear idiocy. No there isn't a law that states the Bitcoin Network must appreciate in value. Also it can be replaced at any time by a new payment network with superior features. Do you have any data on usage and demand for coins? Do you have any data on the hoarding behavior or the users? No, you're just making an overly simplistic assumption almost as wrong as Homer's belief about stock ownership: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQI___0B00M.

Bitcoin is the first of a group of technologies that will eventually change the way global finance works. There is no law to force Bitcoin to be the technology that receives all the value. It is the first. Feathercoin with enough devs could actually beat Bitcoin.

Technically its difficulty is its appreciation.

Like all assets it has a perceived value (the speculative side) and its base value (cost to make).

For instance, if gold fell below $1000oz, and if the reports on gold extraction costing roughly $1000 an oz are true, then the base value of gold is 1000oz, the fact it sells for 1200oz is due to its 200 perceived value ontop of the 1000 base.

If it fell below the $1000 mark it would be hoarded as nobody would sell.

With bitcoin, if it stayed below the value of all the mining gear and power bills (the base value) it will probably stop being mined in mass, and won't be sold at a loss. This will open up altcoins though.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:27:39 AM

So you are saying it will change the way global finance works... and it will do that by not increasing its current market cap? Just lol..

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:34:31 AM

Thank you, we have some notion of fundamentals here finally. The value of a bitcoin needs to be somewhat related to the cost of production + the perceived utility it provides + speculation of future value - (risks + FUD factors). Demand from commerce has some play in this model, but it's currently impossible to know. Bitcoin makes a very poor currency right now. So far a wonderful store of value, but a terrible currency. Thus I don't suspect we will see a lot coins used for commerce until either the market stabilizes with high liquidity and low volatility (probably never going to happen because the supply constraints always force unstable equilibria) or  if we have a derivate cryptocurrency like mastercoin that allows for assets somehow pegged to a fiat standard.

What's the conclusion? The mass appreciation in price has come from speculation and thus the price WILL BE HIGHLY VOLATILE!  

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:35:46 AM

Where art thou oh saviors of bitcoin?? I need some assurance!!  Huh

or in 2 weeks you'll have lost more money. no one knows what's going to happen, and anyone who pretends to is just fooling you. in this game, you are the one to make your bed.
How about everyone calms the f down? : )

In the past week, in the US people were celebrating different things. Then another 2 big things shocked the masses.
Masses started to sell BTC>Fiat, which means it's reasonable. X-mass is coming, people withdraw fiat to buy gifts for their lovely ones.

Whenever I see people panicking I wanna hit myself in the face. But from the other side, I manipulate those sheep and get my gains in a small period of time..

So, thanks everyone who sold under $700. Luv y'all.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:36:02 AM

So you are saying it will change the way global finance works... and it will do that by not increasing its current market cap? Just lol..

Napster changed the way file sharing works and tell me how many files did you download with napster today? How many Aliweb searches did you do today? How many lines of Smalltalk code did you write? How's Mosaic working for you? Just because a technology changes the way the world works doesn't mean it happens to be the final technology. Bitcoin could be the napster to a new CC that becomes bittorrent. Stop being stupid.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: